Thread: Theme Music for TRL?

Question Theme Music for TRL?

I was listening to the music on the main website and I like most of it very much. But I haven't heard any music with the original theme music woven into it. Have I missed it?

I really think that the original score should be included in the music for Legend. I have always loved the music in the TR games and the theme music still gives me goose bumps when I hear it. Especially in certain spots in the game when you discovered something special or found the special path and it would play part of it. I hope they keep the original theme music somehow in the game.

Hi Red.

Welcome to the forum. I don't think you have missed it, its just not released yet... but it will be interesting to hear what Troels comes up with for the main theme.

I agree with red! the old theme music must appear in the new game as it is a legend itself!!

Thumbs Up Muzik

I agree too, I even used to listen to the original score to relax me after a stressful day or to go to sleep.

Music is very affectual and emotional, it will be an excellent finishing touch to legend.

Yeah, the original theme definitely needs to be incorporated into the new score. Not using it would be like if Lucas decided not to use the Raiders March in the next Indiana Jones! Blasphemy!!

Just as long as the music isn't on some never ending loop. I really liked how it worked in TR1 - mostly complete silence with appropriate and atmospherically placed bits of music.

Yeah, I agree it should be used sporadically.
    If it's going to be on a loop, it needs to really be more ambient than melodic. I don't want to be tapping my foot to a catchy tune while exploring a long lost tomb.
    (Indiana Jones And The Emperor's Tomb did a good job of creating atmosphere with music, without it getting annoying, so I'd be okay with Legend doing somethng like that.)

The music is the icing on the cake. I liked how music was an 'event' in previous games, such as the snowmobile and the T-Rex. It needs to add something to the atmosphere - give it a lonely feeling. On the other hand, most games have music and effects volumes seperately, so I suppose you could always switch it off... especially when you're playing into the small hours and don't want to wake anyone up

Quote Originally Posted by StarChampagne
    most games have music and effects volumes seperately, so I suppose you could always switch it off... especially when you're playing into the small hours and don't want to wake anyone up
    That is what headphones are for Anyhow, I prefer it when there is always music playing but it is specific to the certain area I am in and there are separate tracks for combat vs. normal exploration. I just replayed TR1,2, & 3 and the lack of music really annoyed me so I just had my normal playlist playing in the background (and the computer didn't crash, yay! )

Good idea Wraithstar... now why didn't I think of that?

On the website, my favourite track is number 3

My words: The Tomb Raider theme is a MUST! Have to be in the game.

I finally got around to listening to the music on the website. To me, it all sounds very much like background music that will be used on certain levels, none of it sounds like theme music. So I think it's safe to assume the regular theme could still be used on the title screen, and these other tracks might play quietly in the background while exploring. The more I think about it, the more I think music in the background could be kind of cool. It worked great in games like KOTOR and Jade Empire, so why not in TR? As long as the most is more ambient than melodic, I have no problem with it at all, and the tracks on the website are definitely ambient.

Is it possible to download the music? I am on public computer so I can't listen to it here, and I have dial-up at home so that doesn't work either

Quote Originally Posted by WraithStar
    Is it possible to download the music? I am on public computer so I can't listen to it here, and I have dial-up at home so that doesn't work either
    LINKY

Quote Originally Posted by StarChampagne
    Good idea Wraithstar... now why didn't I think of that?

On the website, my favourite track is number 3
    Yea... track 3 is serious. I like it too.

Tomb raider music.

I think there is still room for improvement on the music for tomb raider, if anyone could come up with any nice sound tracks .

And why not create a Tomb raider RPG game. With Lara croft and a few of her henchmen. Make the story like she and the rest in certain parts of Africa, USA or Europe. The graphics of buildings in the game will play an important part. Oh a third person view.