Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS2/3 Remake

PS2/3 Remake

It's probably already been mentioned, but i've restarted Soul Reaver 1, due to its seriously outdated graphics i was thinking a remake of Soul Reaver would be nice. Never happen i'm aware but it would be great.

I was thinking for the PS3, they should make the legacy of Raziel. Essentially going from when he was thrown into the abyss (and maybe a little earlier, showing him grow wings), past the events of SR2, and finish it off with Raz's half of Defiance. But the whole thing would need massive restructuring of game-play.

I rather have BO1. SR isn`t that old it`s funny like 3 years after it was out people already wanted a remake.

well it's about seven and a half years old now.

It's just watching Kain and Raziel face each other in SR1 and then again in Defiance, weird

Anyone else think the whole battle with Raziel and Kain at the pillars on Sr1 was pointless, Raziel can't kill Kain, as it was introduced, vampires flesh closes as soon as it's clove. So why would being hit 3 times bother him? Expanding on that how can Kain be killed in Defiance or the Blood Omen's?

Yeah, Kain was severly annoyed at best, probably just making Raziel think that he could take Kain. (I doubt Raziel ever lifted a talon against Kain before.)

I was just thinking the same train of thought about a Soul Reaver remake, but instead of a pure remake, taking everything about Soul Reaver that made a good game and lay the formula on a new project. (The good puzzles, the encouragement of backtracking and wandering around aimlessly.)

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke_Z
    Yeah, Kain was severly annoyed at best, probably just making Raziel think that he could take Kain. (I doubt Raziel ever lifted a talon against Kain before.)

I was just thinking the same train of thought about a Soul Reaver remake, but instead of a pure remake, taking everything about Soul Reaver that made a good game and lay the formula on a new project. (The good puzzles, the encouragement of backtracking and wandering around aimlessly.)

Exactly. I wish so much that another Soul Reaver type game would be made. But I'd also like to have puzzles as good as the Soul Reaver 2 ones in it.

The best Lok game for me would be a remake using the dark gift abilities from BO2, the puzzles from SR2 and the violence from Defiance

If they were to do it I'd just hope it didn't loose anything that made the original so great. I was very dissapointed with what defiance did with the series after soul reaver was so fantastic

I recently replayed SR and hadn't any problem with it, not even the graphics...

I agree with DMraider, BO should be remade. I'll replay it soon (thanks for the transcripts) and I think I'll use cheats, I want to enjoy the story, not struggle thru frustrating battles, loading times etc.

Quote Originally Posted by robson001
    I recently replayed SR and hadn't any problem with it, not even the graphics...

I agree with DMraider, BO should be remade. I'll replay it soon (thanks for the transcripts) and I think I'll use cheats, I want to enjoy the story, not struggle thru frustrating battles, loading times etc.

yeah, I have to agree. SR1 is still fin to play. The graphics aren't that bad really. my only gripe is not being able to use the right analog stick for the camera like in SR2!

BO1 however, I find unplayable. I finished it once after SR2 and I'm not going near it again. The loading times between menus are just too annoying, even on PC.

A complete update graphically would all i would really want, taking absolutly everything for SR1 and just shove it in a game that looks like Defiance

if you wanna play BO1 with just better graphics then buy the dreamcast version. the graphics are much higher resolution
    personally I don't like the dreamcast version tho. I don't like raziels eyes and his lack of a shuffle forward without striking when in autoface mode.

SR1 looks fine on a ps2 with the smoothing turned on. I see no need for a remake really unless it's going to add the extra bosses etc that weren't included.

The original SR1 ending IMO would have been an excellent way to end the LOK series. if SR1 was released COMPLETE then it would be remembered as one of those amazing games of its generation. Now it's just remembered as the start of a series that was bled dry (please excuse the pun)

Quote Originally Posted by fneh
    if you wanna play BO1 with just better graphics then buy the dreamcast version.
    BO1 has DC version? I didn't knew, did you mean SR, right? Btw, a 2D-optimized console like the DC could do wonders for BO1...! About that camera stuff you said, I thougt the same! I played PoP right before, and I wanted to turn the camera with it... Couldn't they realise it when they made SR1?

Quote Originally Posted by fneh
    if you wanna play BO1 with just better graphics then buy the dreamcast version. the graphics are much higher resolution
    personally I don't like the dreamcast version tho. I don't like raziels eyes and his lack of a shuffle forward without striking when in autoface mode.

SR1 looks fine on a ps2 with the smoothing turned on. I see no need for a remake really unless it's going to add the extra bosses etc that weren't included.

The original SR1 ending IMO would have been an excellent way to end the LOK series. if SR1 was released COMPLETE then it would be remembered as one of those amazing games of its generation. Now it's just remembered as the start of a series that was bled dry (please excuse the pun)
    To do as you asked would change the game of Soul Reaver, i don't want that. I loved Soul Reaver 1 and see no need to change the game. But a simple update would be nice. Smoothing the game really isn't a comparison of playing Soul Reaver 1 and then playing Defiance and comparing them graphically.

This reminds me of the april Fools joke Blincoln made on the lost worlds with the Soul Reaver Special edition...

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus Reaver
    This reminds me of the april Fools joke Blincoln made on the lost worlds with the Soul Reaver Special edition...
    While not as much as when the joke was fresh, that still manages to snag a few believers around these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by robson001
    BO1 has DC version? I didn't knew, did you mean SR, right? Btw, a 2D-optimized console like the DC could do wonders for BO1...! About that camera stuff you said, I thougt the same! I played PoP right before, and I wanted to turn the camera with it... Couldn't they realise it when they made SR1?

I meant sr1 sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by garbagefanuk
    To do as you asked would change the game of Soul Reaver, i don't want that. I loved Soul Reaver 1 and see no need to change the game. But a simple update would be nice. Smoothing the game really isn't a comparison of playing Soul Reaver 1 and then playing Defiance and comparing them graphically.

If you don't want the game to change at all then why are graphics so important???? The game would be exactly the same. THere would be no point in evven having a so called remake if it was simply a graphical overhaul of a game that was released unfinished to begin with......

An overhaul wouldn't change the essence of the game, by changing the story and finishing it how it was meant to be how to link it with Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance as they're both a result of an unfinished game. An update to graphics would simply make the game nice looking. I'm not asking for a new game, just a new look to the game. And it's not that important, i started this thread and said it would be nice but unlikely. I said unlikely for 2 reasons:

1) The return on it wouldn't be major and therefore not financially viable

2) The game is finished, why redo a game thats not massively popular in the first place? Square-Enix won't remake FFVII and the return on that would be 10x what Eidos would make on Soul Reaver.

1. SR1 wasn't finished..... lol

2. Square ARE remaking FFVII last I heard from an FF board.

1. I'm glad SR1 wasn't finished since I like the games that follow it

2. Really? Cool Do you have any idea when it is expected to come out?

Final Fantasy VII... I really liked the game but now....
    MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WraithStar
    1. I'm glad SR1 wasn't finished since I like the games that follow it

2. Really? Cool Do you have any idea when it is expected to come out?
    1. If SR1 had been finished then perhaps BO2 would have been better? And maybe another soul reaver game, likw a hylden invasion or something after kain was killed. Anybody could write a sequel to either ending...

2. No idea. I still don't know if the sources are 100% reliable but FFVII remake is APPARENTLY being made as the first final fantasy for PS3. I can't see it being a launch title cos the consoles will shift without it.

Blood Omen 2 is my favorite game in the series and Soul Reaver 1 is my least favorite, so I am glad that Kain didn't get killed off in SR1 or the games that follow it wouldn't exist. True, there may have been some other games, but they would be so different that it just wouldn't be Legacy of Kain anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast