Thread: The welcome thread!

The welcome thread!

Hi all!

I'm Omega on the "old" Eidos Forums

Hey guys! My name is Carlos but the guildies call me Scrib. Like most people on here long time player of the LoK series, played all the games etc. LOVE the lore. I dare say its probably my favorite IP of all time. When Nosgoth was released my reaction was a bit different then what i was seeing on the internet because I have been just DYING for a new game set in the universe no matter the form. So when I heard about this game I was all about it, sure I would love a sequel but I wasn't disappointed at all. To be perfectly fair though I grew up multiplayer gaming both competitively and non. I cant even begin to list all the multiplayer games I play now let alone what I have played. Right now I mostly play Smite, Dota 2 and Tribes on reg. feel free to add me on steam if you want: Zenabika

Nice to finally see you on here, Omega

hi! long time listener,first time caller.....oh wait i'm not on a radio show??

j/k it's me Majinkura from ze old lok eidos boards!!

nice re-meeting you all again
    hope to see you guys in the game (omg dont kill meeee)!!
    "are you trying to bore me into submission?" ~ Raziel/Defiance
    signature image

Hi people

New here but I've followed everything since day 1. I subscribed to the beta and I'm defending Nosgoth everywhere I can. I'm most known in the french community under the names of Kain_Reaver (jeuxvideos.com) and Rahab (nosgoth-fr.net). I'm a student and I live in Quebec. I'm a die hard fan of LoK as well since the first Soul Reaver. I have the 5 games on Playstation and Computer, figurines, comics, strategy books and other collectables. I've started some LoK projects on Minecraft like the Sanctuary of the Clans and the Tomb of the Sarafan. They are on Youtube and I'm trying to finish my third project.

I hope I will be a beta tester, I would gladly help to shape this game and, I hope, the future of the franchise.

Hello guys,
    I am Marc from germany,
    and heard about this place from mmofront while I searched for an interesting closedbeta game.
    And this definitly interests me, I just heard about legacy of kain but didnt now sth real about it.
    But I am sure, that I will knew some things soon,
    because I really liked the things I heard and saw about the game.
    I hope I will get the chance to get a look at the beta because I like it to influence Games fpr beeing better and individual then others and in my Opinion this game has a high potential to get a big competetive weight at the gaming scene,
    so i hope we can play it soon in when its released in eSports.

Kind regards
    AexeOnline

Hello all. My name's Robert and I'm a chocolatier from Manchester in the UK and I've occasionally been found knocking around on the Eidos LoK forums.

I started on the Legacy of Kain back when Soul Reaver first came out (I was hooked by the awesome trailer with Sanctus Christus playing over it). I loved the game but was more than a little cheesed by the ending of it and resolved to not bother if a sequel came along, well my not-so iron will broke and I gave SR2 a half-hearted try. This was the point where I truly fell in love with the series, I'm an absolute sucker for twisty time travel plots and the strength of SR2's ending made me forgive SR1's rather abrupt one. Been a massive fan since.

I enjoyed the plot of the Soul Reaver games so much that I recorded them onto VHS so that I could watch them as a movie. Over time I became less human and more div... no, scratch that. Over time I added the rest of the games to this one long VHS when they became available (I was doing this with both Vagrant Story and the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time trilogy too), though it was a bit out of order as I got my hands on Blood Omen 1 last. In the end I had it all but the quality was pretty poor, especially Defiance as it was all scenes from the dark chronicle with lots of loading screens and no real flow.

I made to decision to start again but this time I had the tech to record to DVD and edit it with Windows Movie Maker.
    Again I was just making it for my own amusement but once I’d made SR1 and 2 I thought I’d chop them up and post them on youtube and see what people thought of them (I’d only got the channel in order to post comments). They worked out fairly well so I finished the rest of the series and registered with the Eidos forums to get some more feedback. Sometime after completion I redid the entire thing again into its current form, fixing bugs, cropping borders and other general improvements. It was a shame to lose all the great comments and discussions and view counts that the original vids had gathered but the vids themselves needed fixing up, this time they were edited specifically for youtube and other people to enjoy.

My videos are for enjoying the plot of each game and include all of the cutscenes as well as enough gameplay to smooth them together coherently (though I've tried to show off the gameplay as well, without making it repetitive).
    They are not a simple compilation of cutscenes, nor are they exhaustive walkthroughs. They are an entertaining look at the lore and history of the LoK series in the form of movies (chopped into 15min segments).
    All menus, subtitles and loading screens are edited out so they don’t break immersion and the descriptions below the vids contain as much background info and extras as I could cram in.
    I’ve also taken a few liberties in restoring deleted audio or moving dialogue around so it fits better or to include menu dialogue when awesome.

I recommend these videos for anyone new to Nosgoth and wanting to understand the history of its world. So check them out on my Youtube channel - chocolatierrob or chocolaterob, (the constant changing of channel layouts is half the reason I've not made any new vids in a long time)
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMDIvCHQRjt00OjixQeZCJg
    same goes to fans of Vagrant Story, Prince of Persia and one or two others (especially VS, I'm rather proud of that one)

I should point out that I’ve no interest in playing multiplayer games, including Nosgoth, but I still wish this game every success in the world and thank it for reviving interest in the series. I have no problem with the way it treats the lore of LoK or the direction it has chosen and I am interested in the history it is creating, I just don’t want to play it myself. I’ll probably buy it just to show support.

PS I have a habit of rambling on if you haven’t already guessed.
    The body is but a vessel for the soul. A puppet that bends to the soul's tyranny...
    ...but body and soul both demand chocolate.

Hey guys and gals! Son of a Biscuit here. I loved LoK a loooong time ago and can't wait to try this!

I'm a single-dad of 3 teenagers and play games to unwind(and blow Stuff up!). I'm a Commander-level founder over at Firefall and I just started testing Warframe and Neverwinter as well.

I eagerly await my chance to sink my Razielim-teeth into some unsuspecting and juicy mortal rats!

Sweet merciful Janos, I was starting to wonder if there was any civility available. I came here from the youtube channel and it's overrun with rabid animals.

Anyhow, I am relieved to see some good discussion going on here, and I hope to say valuable thingamathings. About me? I'm a happily taken gay American residing in the state of Ohio(Oh no!), and I've been a fan of the Legacy of Kain series since I was thirteen. I am now twenty four. It's interesting because ever since I first played Soul Reaver at thirteen, I came to wonder what it would be like to play some sort of game where you could play as one of the vampire clans, or the humans, in a conflict that explained how the world came to be as it was when Raziel emerged from the abyss.

I understand the game is still in development and everything, and I hope the higher ups in Square don't get discouraged by all the naysayers. I like to think of commenters on yahoo. Sometimes a lot of top commenters are absolutely bananas, but by far they do not represent the vast majority. I think the same can be said here, that those complaining the loudest represent the smaller portion of the fanbase. BEFORE YOU STAKE ME NAYSAYERS, however, I do understand the legitimate criticism some people have, and there are concerns that I share with them.

However, I don't want the baby being thrown out with the bathwater. Healthy criticism is necessary for growth. My last paragraph was mostly directed at the more... rudely opinionated.

I look forward to monitoring the progress here.

Oh, how long has it been now..? Ten years? I find it hard to believe I kept the faith in the seires for so long! Yet it is hard to believe I'm actually posting something...

Greetings fellow fans! My name is Vince and I come from dark and savage lands of Russia, from the grim citadel-city Moscow... But don't mind that - I am no stranger to the series and know them well.
    I don't belong to any currently existing community - I prefer to keep myself in the shadows, because having opposing views is generally punishable and having your own opinion is prosecuted... But no, no more! Time to come out... although it seems that I am already late for the feast, eh? A lot of work has already been done - and forums are barely a week(or a few?) old! Such enthusiasm, such love! Such hatered! I mean - when I saw Nosgoth trailer for the first time the only thing I could think about was "Oh gods! This might be something..." and I already see an extraordinary amount of work done by the community members fixing holes and providing suggestions...
    I know that there isn't much faith for the game from the old fans, I can see why, I can easily agree and yet... there is much promise! I mean... even if in the end this ship sinks - I hope for a sweet ride up untill that moment. It's a pity we're not going to be given a proper single player experience, but simply being able to rip and tear pitiful mortals as a fabled monstrosity sounds quite enticing!

Here it is... The first, bitter taste of that terrible illusion... Hope!

Have been away for a week now with my girlfriend and friends to Rhodos and just came back=)
    What have I missed during my absence? ?

(click image to enlarge)

Hello Lok fans! I'm a old fan of LoK and i played almost all the games of the saga (ok ok, not the two Blood Omen) I'm waiting a LoK game since 10 years and now i found a moba.

Do you know what? I love moba games!! So, i love LoK games + moba games = i love Nosgoth!!!

I want to crush human's skull with my Turelhim :3

Hey MasterShuriko - nothing too much, but guys posted new blog posts on the main page

Hello everyone, I am Razielim_Knight or some know me as Huka.

I am a long time follower of the Legacy of Kain saga since childhood. From the first moment I saw Soul Reaver's intro, I was hooked to the legacy instantly. Everything; from its unique vampires to its unmatched storyline-a rare jewel especially amongst most games nowadays-was a real influence on my life; it inspired my urge to writing and joy for the fantasy genre. I have tried to write a story to honor its caliber, so far the most promising is the incomplete fanfiction, 'Bloodletting of Fledgling'. Having played all of the games in my years growing up, my faith in its brilliance remained strong and still do with this new game.

While I was surprised-and abit upset-to learn Nosgoth to be a PVP multiplayer, instead of at least a rpg, the latter emotion was swept aside to the eagerness in seeing how it will develop out. It is set in a timeline that I am most interested in and it looks promising so far. Hopefully I've been accepted into the Beta to help it in the long-run, if not, playing the completed game will be enough for me.

Might as well do this again. Hey, guys, I'm a longtime American fan of the series. Currently a student. I've gone by Hash Ak Gik666 or DarkGodRaziel666 in the past, but as I'm no longer in middle school, it seemed prudent to drop the sixes, ha. I was active on the Nosgothic Realm board since mid-2002 back in the EZ Board days and through to the changeover to Yuku, and stayed there until it more or less died out in the last year or two.

My first exposure to LoK was the SR1 Proto Alpha demo (the early demo set in the light glyph area). I didn't have any idea what it was at the time but thought it was amazing. I totally forgot about it but then noticed SR1 when it came out and instantly bought it. Been a total LoK nut ever since; I think I must have played each one 4 or 5 times by now, and they all get better each time.

Like many others, I've been eagerly following all the leaks and other tidbits on internet registries and so forth for years hoping that we'd get a new game. I'm very optimistic that Nosgoth will be good even if it isn't what many of us might have expected

I remember you Hash :P see you online when playing Nosgoth then

Probably should have done this a while ago, but hello I'm Baziel (or Bazielim depending upon the forum). I'm a long time fan and have dedicated most of the past few years to documenting everything possible about the series for the Legacy of Kain Wiki. Greetings everyone.
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

Hello people ! I go by the handle bajlo pleased to meet ya'll. I googled a lot to find some upcoming games and here I am. I'm not really what you'd call a "fan" but I did thoroughly enjoy Soul Reaver 1 & 2 + Defiance back in the day. I played a lot of LoL (since season 1) and still am playing the CS games (1.6 and GO). I didn't hesitate to sign up for the beta of your upcoming game, honestly I did so for a lot of games because I want to help with my inputs if I can. The only game I stuck to till this day is CS 1.6 which I'm playing for 8 years now (3 years competitively) aaaaand that's pretty much it for now. Don't want to type a Bible here.

ch33rs !

Hey, Stormbringer007 here, real name is Brenan

I currently play a lot of Borderlands 2 and CS:GO... They are fun, but I'm looking for something different.

I'm by no means familiar with the lore of this game at all, but I have to admit, simply the concept of the game was enough for me to sign on for the beta without hesitation. I really love the idea of this game and I hope to see it succeed. I've been looking for a game to challenge the mainstream genres for a while now and this game really calls out to me. As long as it doesn't become pay to win I can definitely see this game being successful and most importantly, fun! The anticipation of receiving an invite is killing me! Can't wait to try it out, one way or another.

Hello everyone, allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Bokxie. I am a 17 years old boy from the Netherlands. I'm also a beginning video maker on youtube and a proud beta tester. I've tested several games such as Guild Wars 2 and Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn in phase 2 of the beta. I'm really looking forward to Nosgoth and see what this game will bring the LoK community.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    I remember you Hash :P see you online when playing Nosgoth then
    And I remember you, of course! We should have a NR guild/clan/whatever once the game gets up and running.

This game looks so bad ass ( realy wanted to say that). I realy hope that this game will not have things locked to members only so the people that dont pay can still get the items but spend more time to get them e.g Bow of death unlock's at level 10. I pay for 50% xp boost and get it in 5min, other guy with no money gets it in 2hours of farm, im not quite sure how the ingame system will be but that is just an idea that i want you to see is all, but besides that this game looks Great and it was just a video that is making me want to smash this game all night.

P.S i will be telling all my mates to check this game out i know they will love it.

Hello everyone!

I'm a LoK fan and regular forum lurker(nosgothic realm, eidos, dcabdesign) with the occasional post thrown in here an there. I think Nosgoth will be an interesting new addition to the LoK universe and I'm pretty optimistic about it so far. And here's to hoping it will also lead to other things eventually.

Now, I like my action/adventure games story based and I also play WoW with friends; pve ONLY! I'm not competitive, I don't like like pvp and don't do alpha or beta; give me a finished product please! So when the official announcement for Nosgoth was made I naturally couldn't wait to sign up for closed beta... Damn you Psyonix! Damn you!

Anyhow, hope to see you guys around in-game!

Ready thine arms! FOR NOSGOTH!

Hello Everyone Im a big LOK FAN for years ever since I first touched down on blood omen 2 my fav game of them all. Im excited for the new game i own pc and console of all games and love to play them over and over I too have remained silent over the years but now I see its times to get active once again Ill see you all on the battlefield may the best vamp or man win.......
    signature image
    Kains Army Will Not Fail

Hi all,
    I've been a fan of the Legacy of Kain series since I was 8. I have all of the games and periodically play through them. I'm so amped about Nosgoth. It's not what I expected, but I am definitely open to something new in the series; especially if it means there is a chance the series will be booted up again. Can't wait to devou, ahhhh, I mean play alongside you all...<.<.....>.>

Page 5 of 17 First First 12345678915 ... Last