Thread: The welcome thread!

The welcome thread!

Originally Posted by ZeroFernir
    Name is Cristopher, 17 (18 next month =O).I am from Brazil, and I am almost certain I will be one of the only living souls from here in the game (hope not...) I am a HUGE fan of LoK: Played all the games and I am part of 3 communities on facebook about this. I like moba shooters (3 times regional champion on Quake III Arena) and games like Age of Empires II (Brazilian 4th place, 1st place regional). I am looking for going on closed beta because I love LoK and this game is interesting: by the trailer, I would say it is kinda of a fusion of both Quake III Arena and Age of Empires II... Because that thing will need a loooooooot of strategy.

Vae Victis!
    YAY I 'm happy that I am not the only Brazilian around \o/

Bem vindo, Christopher !!! (Welcome, Christopler)
    Last edited by The_Reaver; 27th Sep 2013 at 20:10. Reason: I removed the animated gif I've posted

Here's some LoK love from India! I've been playing the series for about six years, after I bought Blood Omen 2 and loved it immensely; LoK does for me what scores of other games can't, and I drive people crazy by not shutting up about it
    I hope Nosgoth will be just as amazing and attract more people to this magnificent journey, and above all else, CREATE INTEREST FOR LEGACY OF KAIN 6!

Hello, Name's Kain. Poppa Kain if you prefer. I enjoy drinking blood, raising the dead and other wholesome vampiric activities. I first heard of this game through a friend of a friend, and was initially disappointed by the trailer (And to some extent still am) but will still watch with curiosity. This is my Legacy after all.

Originally Posted by PoppaKain
    Hello, Name's Kain. Poppa Kain if you prefer. I enjoy drinking blood, raising the dead and other wholesome vampiric activities. I first heard of this game through a friend of a friend, and was initially disappointed by the trailer (And to some extent still am) but will still watch with curiosity. This is my Legacy after all.
    Sup Pop, how's the streets these days
    Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! These are the truths of this world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!

Not too bad. Getting hard to find a meal these days. Might take a trip back in time on Moebius' timestreaming doodad.

Hi everyone! I'm long-standing fan of Legacy of Kain series from Russia, Saint-Petersburg
    So, sorry if my english isn't good enough.
    The first time I played LoK game in 2002, and it was Soul Reaver on PS1. I pretty fast was involved into the game, open world with such a graphics was truly amazing for the time when SR was released. My introduction into LoK series is a long story, really. It has very strong influence in my life, and I certainly could say that I'm genuine fan of Legacy of Kain series, anyway was him ten years ago and go on beeing fan up to now.
    In the spring of year 2004, I started a simple russian LoK forum(even now it's working and available at http://legacy-of-kain.borda.ru). Slowly, but stable, users were joining our community, and after a half of year or so, we moved to a portal, that's now can be found at http://legacy-of-kain.ru.
    Unfortunately, I am not a staff member anymore, and forum kind of half dead.
    What is the interesting thing, that I'm own a virtual server now and conduct a web-site, it's another themed(not even video games), but technically it's not too hard to create forum dedicated to Nosgoth. But I checked domens nosgoth.ru and warfornosgoth.ru, and they both already occupied by someone.
    As for competitive online multiplayer games, I played they since the same time when I started playing in LoK. For the begining, it was Counter-Strike, a bit of Quake III, and then I got acquainted with the great series of Unreal Tournament. I've often played UT, even tried to create my own maps. Hereupon it was UT2003, and then 2004, and finaly I get to UT3, which I play even now, almost every day. In UT series i like very different, but balanced weapons with various playing style. It is not simple dumb shooter - in UT you must use a lot of tactics, escpecialy in TDM, CTF, Onslaught/Warfare and other team-based game types. For another thing besides interesting and very dynamic gameplay, is that such a games a good thing to distract mind from common routine and relax.
    For some time I've played MMORPG, Lineage II and Aion, but realised that it is simply waste of time. I very like PVP, but in order to kill enemies you must spend a lot of time for grinding mobs for lvl ups and farming money for suitable weapon, armor, etc. And thus I decided to play PVP-only games.
    Oh, by the way, I have some small clan named Shinra, with which members we've played together L2 and Aion.
    Three of us, includes me, already has registered for beta test. At that, there's friend of mine along of them, who is also LoK fan and who I know since 2004.
    We hope that we'll get early access to the game and I personally want to help sharpen a Nosgoth game. The idea is great, two very different in gameplay races, close combat style versus ranged. It somehow reminds me Alien vs. Predator. Now it's all up to ajusting balance, and Nosgoth can become truly unique game. Really, I cannot remember entirely similar one.
    The lore is also good, it perfectly fits in the original storyline. As the LoK fan, I satisfied for what game Nosgoth shall be, and as the regular UT player I also would like to try something alike.
    Last edited by Ambusher; 29th Sep 2013 at 07:37.

I do not think you´ll stick around too long here... but I get it, it´s easier to bash something than come up with constructive criticism...

You can still voice your opinion in a civilized matter.

Wow ... some people use competitive very much ... do you think that it has an impact to get into the closed beta?

I say hello. Itazura call me .... I want as long as you remain human.

Hiya everyone! Wait... no... please!! ahhrrgg!

Fine, you can have my blood! I didn't want it anyway....

Hi.

Yes, this is THE Wraithblade6.

I've been a fan of LoK for over a decade. I'm familiar with UmahBloodomen and TheHylden and a handful of other passionate fans whos' strong opinions have caused raging yet delightful threads on the old Nosgoth.net/now Yuku board. I've never liked Dota or first-person shooters, and instead have committed myself to highly competitive raiding in Wow for many years. Diablo was pretty good for a while however.

I want to say I'm very happy something of Nosgoth is being resurrected, and I am actually very in favor of it being a multiplayer/team battle type of game. Although it is not going to be very big on story, I very much agree with many fans in that the vampire races have a number of inconsistencies. I'm sure some Razielim could have survived, and in fact, many players are going to want to chose that race, so keeping them in game would be important. It would be a huge improvement in their attractiveness if the wings were appropriate in appearance. The other two clans are honestly, a bit off in their traits. I hope there is still time to make a few minor changes to them.

I for one am going to roll human. The human classes look ok, just as concepts, although I'm surprised there isn't more use of magic in the world. Perhaps more classes will be added in expansions. I'm hoping human players will be able to hold their own, as surely they will be outnumbered in game.

I'm looking forward to Monday's twitch broadcast and camping your elitist vampire corpses.

Good Day,

Name is D_for_Dewan, I'm know the Legacy Of Kain Series since I was a little. Now finally after about 10 years a new adventure is about to begin. I can't wait until I get accepted from the closed beta. I am a competitive Dota 2 player (have +2000 hours time played, in only 10 months of play), I mainly play support (tier 4/5 support), my nickname is Griffith (if you are looking to play). Looking forward to make some numbers in this game, and maybe even a few passionate gamers like myself.

Hello ladies and gentlemen.

My name is Intrúchtirsen Kolitriovinrum ... just kidding call me VakPeEe. I am very pleased with information about mmo game situated in the world of Nosgoth. I'm a fan ever since Lok soul reaver. It was the first game that I bought myself (for handheld xD) then I added the BO parts and secound SR.. i am missing the defiance i think : ( Developers I wish you luck, work hard, keep an open mind and if u will i believe that you create a game that will raise our hearts

I'm very very friendly competitive and addicted gamer cu later guys

Greetings mortals.

Some of you may know me as Paradoks from Eidos forums.. While I have many complaints about the direction Nosgoth is taking, I'll still be discussing lore and art aspects of it if time allows.

Hi All!

Always loved Vampires and Human interaction, and very much looking forward to this game. Just wanted to drop by with a quick line.

Hi guys, my name's Dumah, some of you probably know me from the eidos forums, I've been around a while. Been a huge fan of the series for quite some time now, and I've somewhat mixed feelings about the new installment, but I really do hope it succeeds. I also think I may have blown a recent opportunity to get a closer look at the game. Crap.

Its so cool to see the old fellows from eidos forums.
    Although I didn't write so much, I used to read a lot.
    Geez! I am so happy and anxious!

Wooov Umah. it is nice to see another old LoK addict here. Hope SE will get muh much more money and fans here and they gonna keep making our legendary serie.... good luck to everyone....

Vae Victus!

Hi there.

I'm usually known as Dante, but Klammer is also good. I've been a LoK fan ever since I first played Soul Reaver 10 or 11 years ago. Nowadays, i'm studying some sort of degree on videogames, while I try to manage my life to keep gaming an important aspect of my life :P

I'm not playing any games competitively (unless Magic the Gathering counts), I play almost everything (except Candy Crush and other facebook games), I own a couple of consoles and I recently upgraded my PC, which opened a new world for me.

Developers, gl with this project, I really hope it goes well

What's sup.

You can call me Denam, have been a fan of LoK ever since I've first tried to the Soulreaver demo years ago. For all and any faults it has I'm very excited about this francise getting a new release after all.

Hello. Looking forward to this - Nosgoth!

Hi to everyone on the forums.

My name is Turel2.

I have been a fan since BO 1. I was instantly hooked after being killed at the start.

I am not too sure how this game will work, but am am willing to see what happens.

Hello everyone, My name is Vince though in games I typically go by the handle RealityFalse. I am new to the LOK story line, though from what I have seen and picked up from the Q/A feed the guys over at Square Enix gave, and the many discussions i have been reading, this looks like a game i am meant to play. I am hugely intrigued by the sheer depth and complexity of the world and civilizations that have been created for LOK. As any veteran PVP player can attest, it is a very difficult task to balance the melee vs ranged combat styles. I myself have seen many many games attempt it and fail miserably. From what I have been able to see of Nosgoth so far, I think they may really have finally found some semblance of balance (obviously we will not really know how the balance will work until release). I cant wait to see this game in action and will be exploring the lore of LOK in depth until my golden ticket comes in and I can join the Beta...

First post on the forums! I've been a proud fan since BO1 and always kept an eye out for a new LoK game, even though this has nothing to do with the series im still anxious about playing this game!

See you all on the battlefield!

Hello, I've been enjoying The Legacy of Kain series since I first rented Soul Reaver back in '99 when I was in middle school. Recently I played Soul Reaver again for nostalgia sake, which lead me on an information bender where I found out about this new F2P game.

I've been playing some F2P games lately but haven't really found one that I've connected with, looking to change that. Here's hoping for some fun times getting back in the world of Nosgoth!

Page 4 of 17 First First 1234567814 ... Last