Thread: The welcome thread!

The welcome thread!

Welcome to the forums!

(click image to enlarge)

heya all it's nice to see that someone's bringing back to life the LOK series even if it's in the form of a PvP MMO, well i hope to see you guys in the arena soon

Howdy and Welcome to the forums!

(click image to enlarge)

Greetings all,
    As a long time fan of the series I am very excited to see this game project.
    Also, as a fan of combining melee and ranged combat in an action game I am very intrigued to see the combat model.
    I can't wait to get into play it and interacting with developers and fans alike.
    At long last, I will return to the Gothic wastelands of Nosgoth. How I have missed it.

In my mind I hear a faint voice that says...
    Welcome time spanned soul, welcome to your destiny!

Hello everyone!!! My name is Tair and I'm from Kazakhstan (who doesn't know where Kazakhstan is, it's near Russia)
    The first time i met LoK games was in 1998, on psone, so i'm a long-time LoK fan. I've played all games so many times. And i really disapointed that new game it isn't LoK anymore...this is just another Left 4 Dead or Unreal Tournement...F2P concept - in my opinion this is the worst concept for game about Kain and Raziel...however there is no Kain or Raziel anymore...You know i have some strange feelings....Im really glad that there is a new game in LoK setting. But Nosgoth isn't a game that i was expected for years!!! Thank you all. Guns? Granate launchers? This is ridicules!
    PS. sorry for my english.
    Last edited by BLOODRAPTOR; 26th Sep 2013 at 05:49.

Howdy all! The name's Dazz (It isn't really, it's actually Daniel, but everyone calls me Dazz) - I maintain a bunch of gaming sites like DidYouKnowGaming and The Spriters Resource, and have had experience in the gaming world since a wee lad sucking on an Amiga joystick... I think that counts as playing.

Pretty psyched for this game, hoping that it can keep the feel of the old Legacy of Kain titles. I trust Square Enix and Psyonix equally to keep to usually high standards, so here's hoping it'll be a good one!

Hi all...

I am Crisis, Played all the LoK games and so happy to see someone picking it up again and in such a cool fashion. Am loving the look and feel I got from the reveal, I hope to be playing with you guys soon.

"CrisisChild"

Originally Posted by Limed00d
    Name's Emil, and I'm an avid gamer and studying to become a game developer myself. Currently a media and design student.
    I hail from the cold Norway. It's cold. It's all you need to know.

No seriously it's really cold.

Anyways, Legacy of Kain is one of my favourite game series of all time. It's sad to see that it's so obscure here up north, but not so obscure that I haven't met fellow fans. When Nosgoth was announced I kinda got a little bit disappointed, since I've long wanted a conclusion to, well, Kain's legacy. But oh well, you take what you get. Who knows, it might be good! Can't judge a book by it's cover, especially when the cover is in an alpha stage.

I really hope that I can take part of the game's development by joining the alpha test.
    Just quoting from a thread in the Offtopic section.
    Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! These are the truths of this world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!

Hello everyone,
    I am Aomi and I've been a long time fan since I got my hands on Blood Omen back in 1997 and stayed on for the hurricane that the series would become down the line . I've been missing the series for a while now, one can only replay the games for so long. I'm intrigued by this interpretation for the series I gotta say. Though my experiences with PVP type of games are not my forte, I'll try at least.

Hi I'm Chaz, I like LoK, and I'm introducing myself to catch up to Limedood's postcount.

Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    WOW! I remember you from 2001/2002 when Nosgothic Realm first opened. (Although maybe you've been there all along under a different name and I've just not known it was you.) I'm trying to remember other names from back then.
    I have been on and off those forums since they opened. My interests have changed over the years. After all there is only so much LoK you can discuss once you go a decade without a new game. Of course with Nosgoth coming out, I will probably go back there some more at some point.

What was your user name at nosgoth.net? I remember a vampmaster, was this user you?

Originally Posted by LordScythican
    I have been on and off those forums since they opened. My interests have changed over the years. After all there is only so much LoK you can discuss once you go a decade without a new game. Of course with Nosgoth coming out, I will probably go back there some more at some point.

What was your user name at nosgoth.net? I remember a vampmaster, was this user you?
    Yeah. I was Spectre for the first year, then changed it to Vampmaster when I had my own message board for a while and I've stuck with that since then.

I remember both names! Brings back good memories. I wonder what has happened to ones like Arafel, Fire Ceremony, Nuprator and Baron Harkonen? Cyber Reaver?

I am very happy to be here with you all. Few of you I already know and I bet nobody knows me. I am a newbie registraded forum member on the old Legacy of Kain forums, but an active reader since Defiance was released a long time ago.

I am from Brazil and I own a blog active since 2003, dedicated to portuguese-speakers readers.

Hugs to you all !!!

Originally Posted by The_Reaver
    I bet nobody knows me.
    Nonsense; it's great to see you
    "A return to Nosgoth is not necessarily always welcome: only the attainment of that final gnosis will satisfy us." – Sam Zucchi

Oh... a lot of my thoughts are already here, spoken by others

So anyway Hello to all!
    I'm from Russia (hah and for sure - no ppl around, who bites vampire's necks, instead of vice versa)
    I hope this game gonna be dark enought and cruel as well

Advise - add in reg form pole about Skype,TeamSpeak and etc. Very useful for ingame expirience as game is team PVP oriented!

Hello everyone! I'm not the most prolific poster in the LoK community, but I've been around for quite a while at Nosgothic Realm, Eidos, and a few other places. Way back, I used to go by the name SilverEnigma, and that soon turned into Ardeth Silvereni. I'm from the UK and I run a fansite called Dark Chronicle, which perpetually seems to be in need of updates.

What can I say: I'm really looking forward to playing this game. It will certainly be a different experience from playing the earlier Legacy of Kain games. However, I think Nosgoth presents a great opportunity for our fan community to interact and grow in an entirely new way, and the more we get involved, the more we can hopefully shape its future development.

I hope to meet lots of you - those people I have the pleasure of knowing, and everyone I haven't spoken to before - in the game. I'm not experienced in multiplayer games at all, so I expect I will need a lot of practice! Go easy on me, eh?

Originally Posted by Lord_Aevum
    Nonsense; it's great to see you
    Sweet ^^

Name is Cristopher, 17 (18 next month =O).I am from Brazil, and I am almost certain I will be one of the only living souls from here in the game (hope not...) I am a HUGE fan of LoK: Played all the games and I am part of 3 communities on facebook about this. I like moba shooters (3 times regional champion on Quake III Arena) and games like Age of Empires II (Brazilian 4th place, 1st place regional). I am looking for going on closed beta because I love LoK and this game is interesting: by the trailer, I would say it is kinda of a fusion of both Quake III Arena and Age of Empires II... Because that thing will need a loooooooot of strategy.

Vae Victis!

Originally Posted by 88chaz88
    Hi I'm Chaz, I like LoK, and I'm introducing myself to catch up to Limedood's postcount.
    We'll see about that.
    Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth! These are the truths of this world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!

Hey, longtime LoK fan. Saw this trailer today for the first time and pretty much cried from tears of joy. Despite this being a different kind of game entry into the series, the fact that we're getting an entry makes me super excited. I can't *wait* to get into beta to try this out. Looking forward to help making this game the best it can be. If not for the sake of a new LoK game, but just for supporting new crap. Always been a fan of Unreal tournament and preferred more fantasy deathmatch games as opposed to games like CoD and Battlefield. And what better place to have fantasy game in than in the world of Nosgoth.

Where are you from?- Texas in the US of A!
    How did you hear about this place?- Square Enix Facebook Page!
    Are you a long-time Legacy of Kain fan, or are you new to the land of Nosgoth?- First timer, so bear with me please!
    Are you familiar with competitive online multiplayer games, or interested in signing up for the closed Beta?- Yes, and already did!

In a little more formal way, I am VPPython (just call me Python), and I am new to the LoK universe, so if I seem slow I am sorry. Really looking forward to the closed Beta and playing with you guys! (I also haven't posted on a forum before, so sorry if I seem a little off).

Hello all!

My moniker is Kaecyus but if you really want to know more about that, poke around. I've been an avid follower of LOK since around Soul Reaver 2, but backdated myself to the original LOK: Blood Omen. I always found myself fascinated by the world of Nosgoth and the paths the characters weave.

I used to write a lot for low-key gaming sites, but in the end I found myself writing more than playing, which is not a good thing to do for a hobby.

I'm from the UK, and I heard about Nosgoth through the announcement trailer showing up on ScrewAttack. From what I read on Psyonix's portfolio, if you guys had anything to do with Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer, you have me curious. 230hrs of curious.

The game before that I knew to that level was the MMORPG Aion, from Closed Beta through the first two years or so, and before that Ragnarok Online. As for competitive gaming, I tend to play TF2, Awesomenauts and CoD when that time of the year rolls around, although this time I'll be dipping my toe in the Battlefield pool. I've signed up for the Closed Beta, and hopefully I'll be able to find the same love I did for Nosgoth's virtual world as I did for Atreia.

Ello ello, everyone! I'm Kit. *waves erratically* I'm probably a bit out of place here. I've played a bit of LOK, one of the best memories I have of that game was I glitched through a wall, got trapped, and couldn't move for hours. Now that I look back on it it's hilarious. :P So while I do remember a bit of playing some of the games it was honestly ages ago. I'm here because I thought Nosgoth looked great, and even though I don't remember much of LOK I figure I won't be too picky on how much it's like the games (or not).

I play a bit of Guild Wars 2 (lazily.) I find it funny that Nosgoth interests me because I'm not much of an online PVP player. I much prefer gathering, crafting, and just generally wandering around and looking at the scenery. I like to take my time when I play things, and I don't try to level up the fastest. I played the game Mabinogi awhile, a great example of a crafting game that doesn't focus too much on grinding. I just like to take online games slow and enjoy it at my own speed.

But other than online games, I'm a big fan of Resident Evil, Silent Hill, BioShock, Fallout, the Sims, Darksiders, Zelda, Crisis Core and a lot others. I also play fluffy games like Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, and Pokemon Park(yeah, I play it, don't judge. @_@). Currently I'm trying to swear my way through Dark Souls(that hasn't worked yet).

But I'm definitely hoping to be picked for the beta testing! It'd be very interesting to do.

Hello, old fan of the games, played them when I was younger and I'm glad to see a reboot of the universe in a widely accessible genre. I hope to get into the closed beta so I can start pumping out balance ideas.

This may be unrelated, but a few idea's for functionality of powers I have suggested to another game, Warframe design council, were used by the developers in the game.

Page 3 of 17 First First 123456713 ... Last