Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Hate Sharks

I Hate Sharks

i have played 3 tomb raider games and fell in love with it the first time I layed eyes on it. But there is one thing that i HATE about it IS THE WATER MISSIONS AND THE GOD DAMN SHARKS. I am so scaried of sharks that i hardly evr go in the ocean and am afraid to go in my pool alone. And i hate the water missions in the game because they are so difficult and always have sharks. So what i guess what i am trying to say is to NOT PUT SHARKS IN TOMB RAIDER LEGEND please i beg of you do not put my worst fear in this game. Please!!!! If there are sharks in the game the chance of me buying it are very low and i know that tons of people hate sharks and may want to buy this game. So please please please do not put sharks in the game. Also are there any tomb raider games that dont have sharks nor water missions?thanks and eidos please dont put sharks in the game.

could you please take that of now i am very serious about this it is not funny please get it off now you are a very mean person i not joking.thanks a lot

I never much cared for the underwater sequences either-- they're often too disorienting and tedious. And I really hated having to fight underwater. The harpoon guns were always too slow, the controls felt awkward, and shooting things underwater really just isn't all that satisfying. Whenever possible, I'd try to kill the sharks or whatever from outside the water and then dive in.

So, yeah, I agree with you-- No prolonged underwater sequences in TRL!!!

Cool

Sharks are some my favorite creatures! They will not hurt nobody.
    When there's been Sherk attacks it's usually mistaken identity. True there has been a few istances where sharks did attack a human for apparently no reason but these instances are far and few in between.
    When I first saw Jaws it scared me and it freaked me out so bad I had a hard time taking a bath...it's down right hilarious thinking back on it now but read some books, watch some documentaries because it's easy to fear something if you know nothing about it!

thank you for taking the picture off. Please edios tell me if there is going to be sharks. If there are change. Please if you want to make tomb raider legend better no sharks and even better no underwater seqences. Please pay attention to your fans.

Quote Originally Posted by matt2324
    i have played 3 tomb raider games and fell in love with it the first time I layed eyes on it. But there is one thing that i HATE about it. IS THE WATER MISSIONS AND THE GOD DAMN SHARKS. I am so scaried of sharks that i hardly evr go in the ocean and am afraid to go in my pool alone. And i hate the water missions in the game because they are so difficult and always have sharks. So what i guess what i am trying to say is to NOT PUT SHARKS IN TOMB RAIDER LEGEND please i beg of you do not put my worst fear in this game. Please!!!! If there are sharks in the game the chance of me buying it are very low and i know that tons of people hate sharks and may want to buy this game. So please please please do not put sharks in the game. Also are there any tomb raider games that dont have sharks nor water missions?thanks and eidos please dont put sharks in the game.
    Matt, be very frank with me, I'm not a shark and I don't bite. Answer my question TRUTHFULLY:-

How old are you? (If I may ask)

I LOVE those underwater stuff. Fascinating really, and I would like to have them in the next game. Talking of sharks, I liked killing them too. I was NOT scared.

well i no this may sound wierd but i dont want you to treat me diffrent when i say this. i am 13 years old. and i have fallen in love with lara croft. And sharks are my worst fear.

well i no this may sound wierd but i dont want you to treat me diffrent when i say this. i am 13 years old. and i have fallen in love with lara croft. And sharks are my worst fear.
    I told you that I don't bite!

And I'm not gonna treat you differently, even if I am 14 years older than you.

Kids ahem, sorry teenagers of your age are scared of these kinda stuff. Don't worry, it'll pass. Believe me, when you'll grow up and think that once you were scared of sharks, you'll fall down laughing. I'm not offending you, or anything; I just hope you get my point.

yeah i do. But please no sharks i could mabye with stand a underwater level with mabye turtle or little fish or paranwa that try to nibble on you BUT NO SHARKS

i think if there is a water level that has a load of sharks i may get someone to beet it for me like my cusin or my brother.

i think if there is a water level that has a load of sharks i may get someone to beet it for me like my cusin or my brother.
    That would be quite alright for you. Thanks.

Big Grin

I love water and swimming in Tomb Raider! I am so glad that I saw Lara swimming in gameplay video. Also screenshots of waterfall and video of Lara jumping to the water is beautiful. I think that one of the signs of great graphics is water and character interaction with water, all the developers should pay more attention to it. Do you remember how beautiful water is in Far Cry, it can also be great to see some friendly fishes and dolphins. I hope that Lara will have some nice swimming moves and will explore underwater tombs. I wish there will be boat or some other water vehicle, maybe waverunner. And also cute wetsuit or bikini.

i have deleted the who wants sharks board so just put your votes on here

i dont think that there are going to be any sharks because i read somewhere that they wanted to make it more realistic and make more human enemys than others.so i doubt sharks because what kind of realistic shark would just swim up to lara and bit her hello that is not realistic.and also in the water mission level i dont see lara having a harpon gun or anything like that and she is not even wearing any diveing stuff which may mean........................NO SHARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also are there any tomb raider games that dont have a sharks in them if so name which ones

I don't remember if 3 does but I believe Chronicles and the Last Revelation don't have sharks.

thanks a whole lot. I think i may buy chronicals or tomb raider 3.

TR1 has no underwater enemies, if I remember correctly.
    TR2 has sharks, "frogmen" and something else I think.
    TR3 has alligators, "frogmen" and pirhanas.
    TR4 has hammerhead sharks in ONE level (from memory) and little fishes and alligators and such.
    TR5 has nothing I think. Wait, it has underwater flare shooting people, doesn't it?
    And AOD has nothing. Except spikes. But they don't count

Hope that helps you Matt!

Quote Originally Posted by Laraman
    TR1 has no underwater enemies, if I remember correctly.
    TR2 has sharks, "frogmen" and something else I think.
    TR3 has alligators, "frogmen" and pirhanas.
    TR4 has hammerhead sharks in ONE level (from memory) and little fishes and alligators and such.
    TR5 has nothing I think. Wait, it has underwater flare shooting people, doesn't it?
    And AOD has nothing. Except spikes. But they don't count

Hope that helps you Matt!
    TR1 has alligators in Egypt

yes thank you that helps a lot but if i am not mistaken in AOD there is a water mission 2 water missions so there has to be some ememy down there besides spikes. i could deal with allicators and fish and other things but i can not play a level with sharks. Thank you so much. i just have one more question which one do you think i should buy.

yes thank you that helps a lot but if i am not mistaken in AOD there is a water mission 2 water missions so there has to be some ememy down there besides spikes. i could deal with allicators and fish and other things but i can not play a level with sharks. Thank you so much. i just have one more question which one do you think i should buy.
    In AOD, you have mutant fishes! They, are sort of brownish colour (from my memory) and they once ate up Lara .

But only ONCE!

Otherwise, they just hung around and pushed Lara about.

If you can find them cheap, buy them all I like TR3 the most. It's also the hardest, I think. If you are playing on PC, you can save anywhere, so it's not so bad. If you are playing on PlayStation, though, I believe you can only save at certain points and that would be incredibly frustrating. TR1 and TR5 are both pretty good. I like TR1 a little bit more. AOD was alright, too, but it is rather different from the other TR games, so I don't know if you'll like it or not. If you get the PC version, make sure you get the patches

Quote Originally Posted by Po Yu
    TR1 has alligators in Egypt
    The first alligator shows up when you slide beneath the monastery (St. Francis Folly) somewhere around the Mediterranean sea and prior to the Egypt levels. I shot him while he was swimming and after the water was drained, he was suspended in mid-air!

OMX I can't believe I forgot the alligators in TR1 and Rhinofish in AOD! I must go and hit myself for not remembering hese and being an obsessive Tomb Raider fan.

You might want to try scuba diving one day (for real)

then you will see the sharks and see that they just leave you alone
    I never go scuba diving without taking either a speargun or a knife, because like you I have this fear of being alone and helpless against some attacking animal in the water and I know that if something approached me I could defend myself

but the truth is they just see you and leave you alone. Most of them are nurse sharks anyway

Also, I read somewhere that last year a total of 7 people worldwide were killed by sharks. That is compared to about 1,000,000 deaths worldwide from car accidents in 2004, caused by drunk driving, people reading while driving, working on laptops while driving, not paying attention, etc. So you should be scared when you are in a car, not in the water!!
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...hoto/fugly.gif
    ~Kudos to Crystal Dynamics for resurrecting a seemingly dead franchise, and Eidos for relieving Core of the duty~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast