Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I love the New Look!

Thumbs Up I love the New Look!

Does anyone out there love Lara's new look?

Well, yes and no.

First off, it's awesome, it's so life-like and realistic! Great job Cyrstal Dynamics!

Secondly... Well I kind of miss the old Lara Croft, we've known for what 8 years? But luckily the new Lara does reseamble the old Lara quite a bit.

Cheers!

I love her... so much! I didn't like AOD Lara, her forhead was too big and she had kind of a flat face. Legend Lara is such an improvement.

I love the new look, she looks more beautiful than ever, but i still like the old look too

Hi marklvr4life.

Yes, Lara looks great.

Why make her bust smaller because of female players...i wouldn't be offended controlling a male character with huge biceps...goodness

Some size dimensions should also be custom for the player...for those who like smaller "foreheads" :S or small noses...etc etc...Lara is quite the model...and you should keep her that way!

Hate to disagree, but I really like the new look.

I don't think that Lara should be customizable (I said something about this in another thread). After all, if you change Lara too much, she ceases to be Lara... and Lara is the main reason I play the game (can you tell I didn't care for Kurtis Trent in AOD?).

I realy loooooooooooove here new look She looks fantastic here outfit is more realistic and here additude is better with that ,great done ! .... in AOD she looks like a Gothic , not that i hate gothics or something ,, but the AOD lara just don't fit with here real persenalotie(sorry about my bad english) she looks better than ever before

I like her new look too. She looks so much more real. There's only one thing I don't like though. The new ponytail. I don't like that they cut it down to half the original length. The waist long poytail was a trademark. It's a pity.

Arrow

If I say I love the new look, it will be just a small part of my thoughts!!! The pic that laracroft4me posted is one of the few that I don't like. Lara seems she has her waist broken. In other images, she is just a beauty!!

i think she is a beauty in all her pics, sorry (ELEN) if the picture is not of your taste.

i'm just in love with her

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by laracroft4me
    Well, I guess we have a problem here

Quote Originally Posted by ELEN
    Well, I guess we have a problem here
    yes i admit it, i fell in love with lara croft since i first played tomb raider, and then tomb raider 2, and 3, i have played all of her games, and watched all the movies, i own all the games, movies, and some action figures.

please forgive me, i just can't help it.

yes i admit it, i fell in love with lara croft since i first played tomb raider, and then tomb raider 2, and 3, i have played all of her games, and watched all the movies, i own all the games, movies, and some action figures.

please forgive me, i just can't help it.

Oops... looks like another member for the Tomb Raiders Anonymous group.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity34
    Oops... looks like another member for the Tomb Raiders Anonymous group.
    LOL yes i guess i'll have to join

Well that's just disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangar The Dark
    Well that's just disturbing.
    i'm just playing, i'm not actually in love with her, but i'm a big fan, yes to fall in love with a 3d character would be disturbing.

I have to agree with Nybis, i would have prefered the trademark long ponytail

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by TR-AOD
    I have to agree with Nybis, i would have prefered the trademark long ponytail
    And I agree with you both.

And I respecfully disagree with you both. I never much cared for that long pony tail. This looks better, in my opinion, and more appropriate for spelunking.

Yeah, short hair is better. In the games so far, I've been almost afraid that her braid would get caught on something and snap her neck

lol!
    People thought she looked the worst in TR1, and I guess from a graphics standpoint she did, but her hair style certainly made more sense for her chosen profession!

Aside from that, I think shortish hair on women can be very attractive. Of course, Lara's is stil a long way from "shortish," but hey, there's always TR8!

Big Grin

When I saw the 'new' braid in TR2 for the first time, I thought it was the most amazingly realistic hair I had ever seen, I was fascinated by the way it would float in the water and bounce behind her when she ran, slide over her shoulder and swing in the air, etc

by the time TR Last Revelation rolled around, that 'look' was getting kind of stale. The shorts were no longer just short, now they were clinging to her behind with a big, visible, supposedly sexy wedgie. The blue bathing suit wasn't just barely peeking out the side of her shorts, it now resembled a thong with big wedges of skin showing. And the hair wasn't a fresh new innovation anymore, it was just longer and part of that 'look' -- the long braid with the skanky shorts and not-so-subtle booty crack. Then, the AOD braid was like a stick on the back of her head

The idea all along is that Lara is an adventure girl with the gall to kill anyone who stands in her way, and the long braid was getting sort of old so I am happy with the ponytail, it looks fresh and adventurous

I like the long plait but in TR1 when she had it all tied up did make the most sense for raiding tombs
    signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"

I love Lara's look!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast