Thread: The 3rd Birthday Insider-Unfolded Story translation.

The 3rd Birthday Insider-Unfolded Story translation.

We finally have some translations from The 3rd Birthday Insider! I had this book for quite a while mainly for the concept art and such, but thanks to SoraandRoxasFan @ gamefaq's board, she was able to get a hold of Odin89 to do a translation for us. Here's what was translated:

i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/sleepinl...

Here's the raw translations:

-Why does Aya get back memories about Eve everytime she defeats a High One?
    -She gets Eve's memories back contacting the High Ones' mind with her OD skill.

-After defeating Cray, how did Aya go to Maeda's hideout?
    -There's a blank space between episode 3 and 4, untold in the game. After history was modified, Aya woke up somewhere in New York.
    After that, Aya had the fated encounter with Maeda, and got the determination to fight the Twisted together with him in place of the destroyed CTI. Maeda always kept an eye on Aya, so it wasn't really a coincidence that both could meet.

-In the scene where Aya has a conversation with Kyle after abandoning the body she used Overdive on (episode 2-4), does Kyle see Aya's appearance?
    -As they're in the same line at the time of the Overdive (an extension of time-space), they can both see each other.

-What's the reason of Aya coming back from the Overdive investigation on 2013, December 24th?
    -When a High One dies, the time axis plane goes through an important change. As the Overdive investigation itself becomes a safe point of the new time
    axis, she's sent back to moments before entering the OD unit, before the investigation starts.

-When Aya returned to the present in episode 3, did she witness the rest of CTI members getting massacred?
    -As those memories would be too much to endure, the scene wasn't depicted during the game, it was treated as "lost time". Just try to imagine what it would feel like to be in a solitary world without any of your memories, having lost the people you considered a family, and the only ones that required your help.

-Why can Hyde go back in time? Does the Grand Babel form up in every parallel world?
    -Hyde is the integrated form of the High Ones. He's a being trapped in the cycle of time, so he doesn't go back at his own will. Rather, he gets sent back forcefully when the High Ones are eliminated.
    The Grand Babel was necessary for going back to a point previous to the start of the cycle. He was for the first time successful at its creation by using Aya and the Twisted, that's what this story is about.

-Why is Eve sometimes seen as a Twisted?
    -The true identity of "Eve's Phantom" is Eve's physical body having lost it's mind. You could call it a "wanderer of time", searching for her scattered pieces of mind (memories). She's only a "possibility" based on an uncertain past, her existence isn't stable. That's why there are instances when she disappears or is seen as a Twisted.

-Why wasn't the battle against Awakened Cray shown in the game?
    -Because Aya activated her OD skill when Cray's awakening was incomplete. She doesn't get to know the identity of who she killed.

-During the last scene, can Kyle see Aya?
    -Not her physical body, it implies he senses her wish and hope.

-In the world where Aya doesn't exist, does history adapt so that she died during an accident?
    -At the end, Aya changed time in a special way. Time didn't just revert back, a new time axis started (absent of Aya's mind and Eve's body).
    In exchange of breaking the laws of causality, Aya's mind disappeared from all space-time, while Eve's mind was protected. (Although the voice heard at the end of a 2nd playthrough is a mystery of the new time...)

-Why was Hyde the only one inside the church during the wedding ceremony besides the family relatives?
    -Back then, Hyde was close to both Aya and Kyle. He was a protector-like figure at work and outside of it, that's why he was invited.

-When did Aya get back her memories about Maeda?
    -Technically, the Aya from "the 3rd birthday" doesn't have a past where she had known Maeda, so she doesn't have memories from him. She had to rely on the fragments of memories acquired from the physical body and files Maeda left like "Investigation regarding Aya".

-What made it possible for the Twisted to originate?
    -Fragments from Aya's mind scatter in the future and use the people of that time as a medium to be born.

-Why was Maeda in front of the wedding ceremony?
    -I guess his "Aya antenna" reacted and was attracted to the church (laugh). It may have been Maeda's way of blessing them.
    -Why do the dead members from CTI appear during the battle against Hyde?
    -At the last location, Aya's memories add up with the memories from the dead. Aya wished for them to appear so their memories were called to that place. The "Aya" during this time has incomplete memories. Emily wasn't considered a close person to her, that's why she didn't appear in her memories.

-When a High One takes over a person, does it keep memories of the body or consciousness at all?
    -There's a period of time where the personality is kept in a lethargic state. But at the end, the memories remain while the mind of the Twisted combines with that of the High One. Even if the memories remain, the consciousness and personality do not. From a human point of view, they become "tainted by evil".

-After defeating Awakened Hyde, why does he appear back in "Time Zero"?
    -Being a High One, normally one can't go back to a point previous to its birth, as it would cause contradictions. Hyde calls this "the wall of time".
    In order to surpass that wall, Hyde (as a High One) dies once and remains hidden inside Eve's memories as a kind of data, as Eve has an Overdive ability superior to his.

-Gabriel and the others being present at the wedding means that they knew each other previously?
    -Prior to the foundation of the CTI, Hyde, Gabriel and Cray were already close to Aya, while Emily was close to Eve. (in Blank's case, its after the foundation of the CTI)

-Why did Kyle ultimately leave the church after the wedding?
    -Kyle is a normal human, he doesn't have knowledge of everything going around him. However, during the new time axis, he notices there's something strange about Aya. As a way to not hurt Eve, he confesses his true feelings to her before the kiss.

-Who is the armored group that intruded in?
    -There are many forces and conspiracy regarding Aya's powers. The group's identity is a national secret, they aren't allowed to say.

-Hyde says "Aya didn't really shoot you" (literally, Aya having shot you is a lie), but what is the truth?
    -Hyde says the truth. The memories gotten back during the story were incomplete, twisted so to say. The regret of "I killed her during Overdive" turned into "I shot her". But it doesn't mean the flashback during episode 5 is a lie either, as Aya's shot was aimed at the attacker, not Eve.

-When talking to those who turned into High Ones, there's a location covered in a red sea and white roads. Where is it and what is it called?
    -It's located in the space-time crevice. It's called the "Overdive Space".

-Aya moving after saying ·"it's totally broken" means it revived thanks to her willpower?
    -Yes, Aya's mind is broken down to a point beyond reparation, moments before being ruined. It was joined back together thanks to her shocking willpower during "Time Zero".

-What's the meaning of the light that appears when Aya and Eve hug?
    -It's a kind of Overdive. Thanks to Aya, their minds can be exchanged back calmly.

-Why was Blank astonished at seeing the Grand Babel after Cray vanished?
    -At first glance, it may look like the Babel swarm is reduced after history changes, but actually the opposite happens right after that (the unification of Babel and the Grand Babel appearing). Blank was left speechless at the abnormalities it brought.

-How were Aya and Maeda able to meet again?
    -Because Maeda's "Aya radar" is perfect (laugh). Seriously now, there are people inside the CTI that have connections with Maeda too. (could be a single person, Japanese isn't always clear regarding singular/plural) The inevitable encounter happened after the massacre of the CTI. However, you could say Maeda's protection towards Aya was a part of Blank's plan.

Anyway, it does clear up some things..not everything though. However, I still can't accept the fact that Aya gives rise to the twisted. I mean, it's so random and poorly thoughtout IMO. But I guess these translations negates any other theories out there that seem more favorable, like the "dream theory" and the like. Darn. But I am still not satified with the PE series going to a supernatural plot, like Aya's mind and soul being shattered and such...it just doesn't sit well with me.

\ (O_o) /.....mah brain still hutz over the plot....

I edited the first posted and added this translation:

-What's the meaning of the light that appears when Aya and Eve hug?
    -It's a kind of Overdive. Thanks to Aya, their minds can be exchanged back calmly.

So, there's still 3 questions to translate, one of which is the answer to the question:

-Why can Hyde go back in time? Does the Grand Babel form up in every parallel world?

And there's two questions that I sorta missed, so once I get those up and Odin89 gets a chance to translate it, I'll posted it up on the first post.

Here's the rest of the questions, added to the first topic. I'll add them here just so you guys know what was added:

-Hyde is the integrated form of the High Ones. He's a being trapped in the cycle of time, so he doesn't go back at his own will. Rather, he gets sent back forcefully when the High Ones are eliminated. The Grand Babel was necessary for going back to a point previous to the start of the cycle. He was for the first time successful at its creation by using Aya and the Twisted, that's what this story is about.

-Why was Blank astonished at seeing the Grand Babel after Cray vanished?
    -At first glance, it may look like the Babel swarm is reduced after history changes, but actually the opposite happens right after that (the unification of Babel and the Grand Babel appearing). Blank was left speechless at the abnormalities it brought.

-How were Aya and Maeda able to meet again?
    -Because Maeda's "Aya radar" is perfect (laugh). Seriously now, there are people inside the CTI that have connections with Maeda too. (could be a single person, Japanese isn't always clear regarding singular/plural) The inevitable encounter happened after the massacre of the CTI. However, you could say Maeda's protection towards Aya was a part of Blank's plan.

Honestly, it really doesn't help much in terms of making the story better IMO.