Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Keep Lara in the Top 4 For Walk of Game!!! Vote Each Day!!!!!!

Lightbulb Help Keep Lara in the Top 4 For Walk of Game!!! Vote Each Day!!!!!!

I would like to announce that Lara Croft has been nominated for the Walk of Game! If we all vote, we might be able to get Lara Croft enshrined in her own Star in the Metreon!

Excerpt from the Walk of Game website:
    "Walk of Game is the first-of-its-kind landmark honoring the icons and pioneers of the videogame industry.

Walk of Game is located inside Metreon, a 350,000 square-foot entertainment complex at Fourth and Mission Streets in the heart of downtown San Francisco.

Every year, gamers worldwide cast their vote on www.WalkOfGame.com to induct the next set of honorees to receive a permanent 24"x 24", customized steel star on the Walk of Game. Inductees to date are: Nolan Bushnell, Shigeru Miyamoto, Halo, Link (The Legend of Zelda), Mario, and Sonic The Hedgehog.

The list of nominees is compiled from a survey of industry members and technology, entertainment, and gaming media. SCA Interactive, a leader in online promotions, powers the Walk of Game voting interface.

Check www.WalkOfGame.com regularly to keep informed about upcoming events including voting for the 2006 Inductees!"

Cool. Looks like Lara has some stiff competition tho.

Looking forward to the opportunity to vote for our favorite heroine! The competition may be stiff, but I am confident Lara will receive her due.

Thumbs Up

'bout time too.

I have already voted.

I've just voted to!

c'mon everyone!! VOTE FOR LARA!

Arrow

I don't mind about the registration at all, but why do we have to choose 4 characters no matter what? Anyway, the other three I chose were the ones I never heard before like Frogger Our Lara is second. We need more votes!!!!

Cool

Since Tomb Raider (one) was the best game ever, I voted for that. Tomb Raider Two and Three are also in my top 5 Best games ever, so I wish I could have voted three of the four spots for Lara Croft. She's also the best character in a computer game, because she can be anything, just like a real girl.

I also really liked Civilization and Sim City. The original Final Fantasys on Nintendo were great. I have played so many games, on so many platforms, but Tomb Raider was the one that was most innovative and such a sheer pleasure to immerse in, that it makes most other games pale in comparison.

That's why I am here. I love this game!

Arrow

Have you seen today's results?

First place: Tomb Raider: 60.3%
    Second place: The Sims: 34,9%

I'm sure they have noticed that all TR forums have voted

Thumbs Down

Hey, when did that happen?

The Sims 55.3%
    Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) 41.2%

Cool

And only two hours later:

Final Fantasy 46.9%
    The Sims 45.3%
    Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) 29.7%

I just checked, you can register with as many email addresses you can think of. No limit, no validation.

So if you are bored ...

I voted yesterday; for Lara of course, and (because I had to) for Fox McCloud, Castlevania and Final fantasy. Then to Peter Molyneux and Sid Meier's for lifetime achievement. The competition is rough, but at least I'm Lara's man.

Just voted as well...appears these scores just keep on moving.

Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) 43.2%
    The Sims 37.7%
    Final Fantasy 25.7%
    Pac-Man 23.9%

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Koopa
    Then to Peter Molyneux and Sid Meier's for lifetime achievement.
    Yeah me too, looks like Will Wright is getting a lot of votes though..

tombraider is winning again now but Peter Molyneux is behind, and populous is a great game.

If Lara wins then Eidos will definately have to hire a model.... to pick up the prize. Just checked the results.. Lara is winning by 1.5% Maybe the key is to wait until the last minute and vote like crazy making it impossible for the Sims voters to catch up.

YAY my 1000th post!!! Only 1400 more to go to catch up to CS&P.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity34
    YAY my 1000th post!!!
    Congratulations Trinity34

Smile

Thanks Mum.

I just voted for Lara again .... but I don't like being forced to vote for other games or some guy I've never even heard of

Cool

Just make sure you check the ranking before you vote for other games.

btw I looked at the rules... the top four games get a star.

Thumbs Up

I have already voted

Quote Originally Posted by GoranAgar
    Hey, when did that happen?

The Sims 55.3%
    Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) 41.2%
    I was wondering about the same thing. I vote every day, and Lara is still second

Lightbulb

The Sims is an online game, so the players speak to each other more consistantly than with any single player game. I think that fact alone should have made two catagories.

Quote Originally Posted by GoranAgar
    Just make sure you check the ranking before you vote for other games.
    I can't see an option on that website to view the rankings until after you vote, could you point me in the right direction?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast