Thread: Restoring troops

Restoring troops

Restoring troops

When your troops have fought a battle and are men down,how do you get them back up to full strength?

i think the simon boulivar quest restores you'r men

but appart from that i dont know and would like to know it myself
    .......i think someone said somethin about a military hospital if you play as Democratic

Ok thanks for your help, Do you know what you have to research to get military hospital?

i dont know ... im trying myself right now

have a game thats been going on for 24 hrs now

Ok theres a restore button isnt there?

if you click on one of you'r army leaders (ex. Buxtehöwden from Russia) then when you right click on a unit (ex. Cannons or Hussars) theres a restore button in that window (same window as when you discharge)

But i dont know how to activate that button....ive tried moving my troops to my capital but that doesnt seem to work...the button's grey...but check it out

You have to be an autocracy and complete the Surgery Advance to build Military Hospitals.

Or combine two units to replace losses that way. Any experience gained will transfer (troop for troop) to the repaired one (unit).

Restoring Troops

I have used the stat editor to boost the number of troops per division at more experienced levels and I have found that when you go in to battle, with say 40 cavalry units and none of them die, after the battle, on the map screen it always restores your division back down to the original 36 units.

I don't know why this happens, does anyone have any thoughts?

you have to of researched the military hospital and built one in your capital (and in occupied countries ones) and then all the land under that capital you will be able to heal them with the restore button providing they have been in that territory for one turn. the cross above their captains Colonels head etc. will be blue.

Thanks for the help Silent Scope!! Which Is Autocratic?

Also being a dictatorship gives you military hospitals to restore your troops.

there you go.

Can't you restore your troops in any way with other types of goverments, such as Democratic?

efthimios gave the only way to restore if you do not take the path of Autocracy

Originally Posted by efthimios
    Or combine two units to replace losses that way. Any experience gained will transfer (troop for troop) to the repaired one (unit).

Yes I know that way, but it isn't effective.

Kinda sucks you can't restore your units with certain type of goverments, but oh well.

I agree it does suck, but maybe that could be changed in the future through modding the right file.

Originally Posted by efthimios
    how do you combine two units?

Click and drag to like units together in the barracks.