Thread: Empires: an stupid idea.

Empires: an stupid idea.

Unhappy Empires: an stupid idea.

Hello everyone!

Who decides who´s empire and who not ?
    What are the vantages of such game limitations???
    Why is Russia playable and Spain, which was the biggest empire in 1791, not????
    I know Spain was a decadent empire , but things could become very different if they had´nt a subnormal monarch by that time.

PD.
    Estudios Pyro: que os den por culo como os gusta hacer a vosotros.

I expect it is an attempt to keep the game rather similar to historical events. It is a design choice. Myself, I wouldn't mind being able to play any state freely and thus achieve non-historical results. But it is understandable fopr a historical game, much as in MTW only some factions can Crusade.

In this case, I'd say it fails to be historically accurate.

Prussia shouldn't be an empire. It had no colonies, no navy, and no money.

On the other hand, you have Spain and the Ottoman Empire, which are considered minor nations and not empires, which is ridiculous.

Spain had colonies and a very powerful navy. At the time, their empire was actually the largest, as it consisted of Mexico, present day Florida, and every country in present-day Central and South America except Brazil.

The Ottoman Empire had passed its peak and wasn't really involved in the Napoleonic wars, but it still had significant power and was always going at it with Austria.

It sure as hell shouldn't be possible to peacefully annex Spain or the Ottoman Empire, and it shouldn't be possible to peacefully annex a country if it's at war.

It´s ridiculus that Spain that had the largest empire, with a powerful navy is not playable. It was in decadence but it was the largest empire and in the game are playable the "empires"...

PD: PYRO Q OS DEN X CULO, sois españoles y no incluis a España como jugable, no teneis ninguna conciencia nacional o que? Esto es lo que falta en España: patriotismo y no unos vendidos q poneis a Prusia solo porque el juego lo van a comprar mas alemanes q españoles. Son ganas de joder.

While Pyro is a Spanish company the language used on this board still is English. Keep this in mind.

Thanks

If you really want to play as spain there's a mod for it.

Originally Posted by @m
    While Pyro is a Spanish company the language used on this board still is English. Keep this in mind.

Thanks

If you really want to play as spain there's a mod for it.
    Yes, there´s a mod, but you cannot develop your infrastructure, you cannot trade, and when you get a 100% relationship with other empire the game (whitch you cannot win or make points), it ends.

This is an international forum. I haven´t found any french, german, russian, turkish, chinese, japanese, spanish or speranto subforum and there is no mention in the terms of use about this, so I think I´m free to use any official language I want. If some people don´t understand a signature it is only my problem.

Originally Posted by Pardo de Cela
    This is an international forum. I haven´t found any french, german, russian, turkish, chinese, japanese, spanish or speranto subforum
    Since there are no seperate forums for it and everything is in English it would be more logical to assume everything is in English

[quote]
    and there is no mention in the terms of use about this, so I think I´m free to use any official language I want.

Whereas it may not be mentioned there, it is still a rule. I'll have it added to avoid this sort of discussion in the future.

If some people don´t understand a signature it is only my problem.
    Not really the point of a forum is to discuss something by writing it in language only a minority of the forum users understand you limit the discussion. Furthermore from what I understood it wasn't a signature.

I can sympathise with you wanting to type in spanish, but, if you want to go the route of country of origin, this is an EIDOS' forum which is a british company if I am not mistaken, so I could agree with having forums/sections in say welsh but unfortunately not in other languages. Such is life.

what about invading spain and just play with theyre soldiers???
    i live in Denmark so thats what i do

Originally Posted by lipton
    what about invading spain and just play with theyre soldiers???
    i live in Denmark so thats what i do
    MMMmmm

It would be a waste of time.
    Spanish soldiers turn their zeal into lacy suicidal behaviors when fighting for the french... remember trafalgar.

Maybe for british... no, even worse.

heres an idea, you could just play as england, invade spain, use there soilders, but before you start to play, go into the banderas file and rename the english flag as spain, and the spannish as english, and then you will have the propper flags to