Thread: Is the Community dying?

Is the Community dying?

Is the Community dying?

Where has everyone gone to? No one seems to be posting anything anymore. I hope that its just everyone being to busy and playing the game. Otherwise, I hope the devs take notice of what is going on.

i think it is the fact that everyone is mightily pissed off that the patch didnt do nearly as much as we wanted to, so theyre giving up hope in Imperial Glory ever being an amazing game

I have only played once since installing the patch and am mightily pissed that the devs made little changes and have given zero attention to these boards,and have now gone on "holiday" again.

This game is easy to mod (even easier if your spanish is good) and thats the only way it will get better

I've only played once since the patch myself. I keep checking in here in the (probably futile) hope that something of interest with turn up. Like the promised information about modding the unit stats. Or the designer returning from "vacation." Or the clouds parting and the great god Pyro appearing here to rub elbows with the little people. Could happen, I guess.

Yes, communities die from lack of attention.

If you wanna help build a community, check the link in my signature.
    Read Into the Darkness:
    A British Empire AAR

at the Temple of Ryoken Forums

Originally Posted by Queeg
    Like the promised information about modding the unit stats.
    I've managed to make some sense of the info released in the editor tools on this front. I've figured out enough to mod some of the stats with a hex editor, and am now working on a program to simplify the process. The details are on TAFN

hehe

I took a break after a while of playing. Although I just re-installed it and am going to play some more for a while.

I've only played once since the patch myself. I keep checking in here in the (probably futile) hope that something of interest with turn up. Like the promised information about modding the unit stats. Or the designer returning from "vacation." Or the clouds parting and the great god Pyro appearing here to rub elbows with the little people. Could happen, I guess.
    That is why I am also hanging around, hoping that something will impress me enough to pick the game back up. I have long awaited a game like this to come along. Maybe my expectations were too high as I compared the battles to the TW series. The demo was great, I thought that you would be able to increase the unit size as an option as the unit numbers were similar to that of TW. Not that it matters much. Just saying I was let down. Here's to hoping.

Smile

I to have the game onboard, in the hope that It will be improoved.

I allso do not visit this site very much, owing to the lack of progress on a patch, which is needed to get this game user friendly.

I to like the period this game is set in, and want it to succeed, 'so, come on and give us a patch', please.

i am sick as a dog, I really like the game but it needs some work done by the developers, and although i do check the website every week or so its still pretty dissappointing that a game with so much potential is now being consigned to the waste bin by a lot of people.

mind you i have stopped playing it and have gone back to europa universalis II and counterstrike again

iv stopped playing IG its holds no interest for me now, i completed the prussia and Austria Campaign and gave the game away to a friend, that it for me , its a pity really but the game gets so boring after a while and there is no real Challenge to this game at all for a true Strategy player, even the patch was a total let down.

If you want real strategy, play Hearts of Iron II, or Victoria. This game doesn't come close. Even the tactical effort, while novel, is a total mess.

My game is back at the bottom of the stack, back to playing RTW until Barbarian Invasion comes out at the end of the year. I only check this board about once every other week or so just to see what's going on and more often than not, there are usually only a couple of new posts. I've given up on it, Les Grognards looks like it'll be pretty good.

I'm personally not so keen on topics like this as communities have there ups and downs. I don't know or you also read the other forum but there has just been a .dt editor released which should allow for some modding and the answers from the lead programmer to the modding should be coming soon too.

Once the game, in every aspect, can be modded, it will be a cool game. I was experimenting and changed the range of howitzers to double the distance. Makes a good defensive weapon this way and makes it a lot tougher to win a battle, both for AI and real player. Tactics, with just this simple little adjustment, becomes very important. I increase infantry unit size to 200 and calvary to 50. Really makes a difference.

Originally Posted by MAXB
    Once the game, in every aspect, can be modded, it will be a cool game. I was experimenting and changed the range of howitzers to double the distance. Makes a good defensive weapon this way and makes it a lot tougher to win a battle, both for AI and real player. Tactics, with just this simple little adjustment, becomes very important. I increase infantry unit size to 200 and calvary to 50. Really makes a difference.
    how did you change the size and cannon?

Originally Posted by @m
    I'm personally not so keen on topics like this as communities have there ups and downs. I don't know or you also read the other forum but there has just been a .dt editor released which should allow for some modding and the answers from the lead programmer to the modding should be coming soon too.
    M, dude.. how long can this guy be on vacation? That excuse only lasts about a week man.

Originally Posted by Nahirean
    M, dude.. how long can this guy be on vacation?
    Two weeks and I posted his responses yesterday here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=52493

Originally Posted by @m
    Two weeks and I posted his responses yesterday here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=52493
    Thanks for your effort. Why don't they just release the 'game editor?'

He/she said that a reason is that Pyro might use it for a sequel/expansion pack. Or at least that is what I understood.

Sounds Good - will they release it then I WONDER ?? ..hope so

We can content ourselves with tryin to understand the .MNG format.

I haven't the time unfortunately