Thread: Installation Error "Feature Transfer Error"

Installation Error "Feature Transfer Error"

Installation Error "Feature Transfer Error"

During installation with the first cd, I get the following message.

Feature Transfer Error
    Feature: Game Files
    Component: NewComponent1
    File: C:\Program Files\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory\Audio\MANAGEMEN\FX \Informaci?_territorio.OGG
    Error: The filename, directory name, or volume syntax label is incorrect.

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEE

Its likely you dont have the sound card neccesary. If you do, i cant help you.

I do have necessary or even recommended requirements.
    The thing is though, that the question mark in Informaci?_territorio.OGG file looks suspicious. Can anyone tell me what the real file name is? maybe it's a language setting problem.

I AM VICTORIOUS~~~~
    Problem Fixed.
    I have succeeded in installing the game!!!

good , it sucks when you buy a game and cant play it.

Since I'm getting lots of private messages on how i fixed this problem I'll post what I DID. It might not work for you who knows... Just to let people know, I'm running Windows XP with additional language input installed, which seems to be the cause of this error.

This is a problem caused by your computer not recognising the european accent marks on the game.

If you have windows xp.
    1.Go to Control Panel > Regional and Language Options
    2.Click on Advanced Tab.
    3. On the second square titled "Code Conversion Tables" check IBMEBCDIC Muntilingual/ROECE (Latin-2) [should be close to the bottom of the list].

If that doesn't work, check every option related to European. Also, even if you finish installing the game, you might see some ??? and ### instead of European accent marks in game. In that case try check marking "ISO6937 Non-Spacing Accent"

Note: I'm still not sure what character set this game uses. I have checked several character sets since I don't want to select, restart, and run the game to see if it's compatible with every available option. Although I'm pretty sure IBMEBCDIC Multi... is the fix, it would be great if someone could point out which specific set it is? Any experts out there?

I was getting the exact same error message. I will try this when I get home. I was attempting to install on my brothers computer and he lives overseas and has a few different language packs installed. Hope this works.

Unhappy Batman Arkham Asylum "Feature transfer error"

hi thr i'm hvin some trouble with installing my new batman arkham asylum in the begining of the installation it passed in the "System check result" but latr on in the middle it shows a error msg stating
    FEATURE TRANSFER ERROR
    Feature: Default Feature
    Component:
    File:
    Error: Catastrophic Failure

i don't know what to do pls.... help

how did u fix the problem pls. help me out with it

Thanks yakult.

It's the additional language input installed, which is the cause of this error.
    I go to Control Panel > Regional and Language Options and change the Current language for non-Unicode program to "English".

Problem Fixed.
    I have succeeded in installing the game!!!

It work with all game that have this error message.