Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Post your modding questions here [Answers inside!]

Post your modding questions here [Answers inside!]

Exclamation Post your modding questions here [Answers inside!]

Ok guys/girls,

I've got in contact with the producer of Imperial Glory.

He has promised me to speak with the lead programmer of the game and ask him to help with the modding

So I just won't to be sure I'm asking the correct stuff, the stuff that isn't possible with the tools that are already released.

I believe the most important thing was how to decrypt the .dt file format that holds the unit stats. If there are any other things you want to know, post them here and they will do their best to help.

This thread is only for those questions.

The .dt file is the holy grail. Consider what we can do with it:

We can remove/modify and tweak all of the battle settings which would make this game truly fantastic. Imagine a real battle with lines that don't die instantly, a fight that takes a long time like the battles in Take Command 1861, or N:TW with Imperial Glory's battle engine. The results would be incredible.

I would like to know how to also modify Naval Conflicts. Everything from Range of Fire, to damage inflicted, ship speed, manuverability and hitpoints.

I would also like to know how to modify unit costs, building costs, and unit production times.

Thank you.

I agree with everything Nahirean says.

One other thing, Officerpuppy found those skin files for officers, but there are no models, (that we could find anyway.)

Basically, we want *.V3D files that go with the officers' skins. If they're in the game files then we can't find them and I'd like to know where to look. If they're not there, then I'd like to be able to get hold of them. If they never made any in the first place then, well, I'll have to find another way round it.

I think that's it.

And Cheers for this @m. You are gre@ m@e.

What possibilities are there in editing the existing countries of choice, so that rather than replace Major Power, we can add some?

Altering the Campaign Map, and with it the Territories?

Whether it is possible to add user-made maps to play on?

What possible limits will you place on us Modding your game?

Is it possible to create separate scenarios? I'd like to be able to mod the starting stats and positions of the nations and the starting date to create separate scenarios. For example, an 1805 scenario with an uber-powered France, led by Napolean already set as a Marshal, and with most of the military improvements already available would be great fun. The game is great fun as is, but I can think of several scenarios that I'd like to do.

Originally Posted by Nahirean
    I would also like to know how to modify unit costs, building costs, and unit production times.
    Its pretty simple to change the cost of unit,buildings and research that is covered in the sticky

Originally Posted by Queeg
    Is it possible to create separate scenarios? I'd like to be able to mod the starting stats and positions of the nations and the starting date to create separate scenarios. For example, an 1805 scenario with an uber-powered France, led by Napolean already set as a Marshal, and with most of the military improvements already available would be great fun. The game is great fun as is, but I can think of several scenarios that I'd like to do.
    I've been thinking something very similar i want to modify the starting point of each nation so they start with some decent troops instead of militia i think this will be simple i have changed the starting navies in the .sb files so the file for land armies must be there somewhere.

Originally Posted by Cpt.HooK
    Its pretty simple to change the cost of unit,buildings and research that is covered in the sticky .
    Thanks for covering 50% of my sentence. Let me type it again:

unit production times

I don't know how to change that yet even when you make research free you must wait lots of turns at the end of each era.It seems this game would be very easy to mod if you know spanish

Originally Posted by @m
    Hiyas all,

Thanks for the input, I've forwarded it. I'll keep you informed of the progress.

Cheers,
    Any updates?

Not yet, would've posted it. I sent it Friday so I assume the producer forwarded it the same day but the time of response will depend how busy the lead programmer is I guess and or they work in the weekend.

Arrow

Just got informed by the producer that'll you have to wait a little bit longer as the lead programmer has vacation.

Originally Posted by @m
    Just got informed by the producer that'll you have to wait a little bit longer as the lead programmer has vacation.
    Yeh tis the annual `pyro gets away for a while` holiday Almost entire company takes this time off.. lucky them

Originally Posted by @m
    Please ask producer how that vacation is going. Nothing like a holiday ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh…

It's great having improved stats but it's useless if you can only play for 30 minutes !!! That has to be the 1st priotity : unlimited play - no time limit !

Ask how to modify attributes for the governments, so I could allow Dictatorships to arrange marriages or whatnot. Afterall, Napoleonic France fits the Dictatorship government the best--but even he maried Maria Louisa of Austria.

Answers are just freshly in, many thanks go to both the producer and the lead programmer of the game

Word of warning though, not everything is answered as in order to mod certain settings of the game you'll need the full game editor and Pyro are a bit reluctant to release this as it may be used on up-coming titles.

But this should help you to mod:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

-How to decrypt/decipher the .dt file format, this file format seems to hold important settings that such as the strenght of units. They would like to know how they can edit this file.

We already sent some source code describing the way to read the file. They should be able to write a simple tool to edit it.

In fact there was someone who made a tool for edit this format and He published it in the EIDOS forum.

-How do modify the naval battles: settings such as the range of fire, the inflicted damage, the speed of the ship, manoeuvrability and hitpoints.

Take a look at the files:

Game/GameModes/NavalBattleMode/DefCombat.sb -> Combat Parameters

Game/GameModes/NavalBattleMode/DefCombatCrews.sb

Game/GameModes/NavalBattleMode/DefFisica_Fragata.sb -> Physical Paramaters of the ships

Game/GameModes/NavalBattleMode/DefFisica_Navio.sb

Game/GameModes/NavalBattleMode/DefFisica_Corbeta.sb

- How to modify the unit costs, building costs and unit production time

This is hard because these parameters are specified in the DefModeloGestion.mng file and this file's format is quite complex.

However, they can try modifying the DefsBalanceoJugadores.sb file. This file specifies a series of factors that directly affect the cost of buildings and units for a given player.

For example:

.JUG_FRANCIA
    [
    .MILITAR 1.0 # Factor for buildings from the Militar branch

.COMERCIAL 1.0 # Factor for buildings from the Commercial branch
    .RECURSOS 1.0 # Factor for buildings from the Resources branch
    .POLITICA 1.0 # Factor for buildings from the Political branch
    .TROPAS 1.0 # Factor for land units
    .BARCOS 1.0 # Factor for ships
    ]

These factors multiply the base unit or building cost (which is the same for all players and is specified in DefModeloGestion.mng) to get the final cost for the player, in this case France. A factor of less than 1.0 makes the unit or building cheaper for that player, while a factor of more than 1.0 makes it more expensive.

-One of the modders has found skin files of officers while browsing throug the game files. He would like to know or their are *.V3D files that go with them if they were created. That way they would be able to bring the officers on the field.

No there are not any officers, it is simply an older file

- A few questions regarding the possibility of the following:

- editing the existing countries that you can choose. They have already found out how to replace one of the major powers by e.g. Spain but would like to know if it would be possible to add them to the list of countries to choose from.

This is a tricky issue. The system does not support this in a clean manner, so the only way to get this feature is to hack the game data files.

They should ask the spanish users who did the play-with-Spain mod (http://www.imperialglory.tk).

- changing the Campaign map and the territories

This unfortunately cannot be done in a easy way.

- or it's possible to add user-made maps to play on

Again, there is currently no way to do this without the game editor

- or there are any limits regarding the modding of the game. e.g. are there things that they may not alter

Most of the game can be modified but to do this you need the game editor

- the creation of separate scenarios. e.g. modding the starting stats and positions of the nations and the starting date to create separate scenarios. An example of such a scenario would be : 1805, a very strong France led by Napoleon as a Marshal and with most of the military improvements already available.

This information is stored in the DefModeloGestion.mng file, so changing it is tricky because it is a complex format.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy modding

Thumbs Up

More info!

Just got a mail from the IG Producer which included this from the Lead Programmer.

I send to you a piece of source code that people can use to learn how the MNG format works. It is a piece of incomplete code, so they won't be able to compile it. However they will be able to extract enough information to create a application to edit the MNG format.

Also in the zip file there is a text file ("ExportacionModeloGestion.txt") explaining the MNG format, the only problem is this file is in spanish, so someone should translate it.
    Get the source code here.

Originally Posted by @m
    Get the source code here.
    Great stuff.

From a first glance over it, it looks a fair bit more complicated than the units stat files, but with this info it should be possible to change at least some of the stuff in the mng file.

Many thanks to the folks at pyro and @m

Great stuff. Thanks @m and Pyro.

I was wondering if it is feasible to extend the size of the terrain ? Has anyone played with the scenario files ?

If it were possible to just get rid of the militia for good I would be happy!

Thumbs Down uaaa question please!

Why is it in spainsh?!

Originally Posted by Deaden
    Why is it in spainsh?!
    Cos Pyro are a spanish company, and I believe the majority of their programmers are spanish.

You can get a reasonable idea of what all the comments mean using Babelfish, or another online translator.

Red Face (Embarrassed) Ok...

Could you please give me a link to get it and is it free?

Originally Posted by Deaden
    Could you please give me a link to get it and is it free?
    Babelfish just paste in some text, choose "Spanish to English" from the dropdown menu and hit translate.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last