Thread: How many turns does it take to take over a territory?

How many turns does it take to take over a territory?

How many turns does it take to take over a territory?

Hey..guys I am just wondering how many turns do I have to wait in order to take over a territory which previously owned by France and also does the size of your troops matter? because I have landed my troops on Arogon and it seems never let me take over it. I waited for 5 turns and it still showing it's part of France.

Oh another thing that drives me crazy was I took over spain and I have invested a lot of its infrastrctures and I just happened to leave Spain ungarrisoned for one turn only and France steped in and took over it and the next turn I kicked the crap out of France. However, ty thing happened Spain had been restored back and I can't reconqure it beside that my stupied alliay Portugal invited Spain. So my previous territory was gone just like that in 2 turns and my fresh Spanish soldiers ran away half of them. isn't that suck as hell? I have the power to reconqure it back but it wouldn't let now cos the stupid Spain is one of my ally now. Isn't that crazy? So all my investment went for nothing..Gone..
    Can anyone help me out here. is there any way to retake Spain back? cos right now it says I have my right to pass Spain..that's totally insane man. it was part of my British Empire. no it's GONEEE.

If you have a tenuous relationship with a neighbor (or even a good relationship for that matter) never, ever leave a conquered neutral country with zero troops garrisoned there! Especially if it's right on your frontier where an enemy can march in on one turn. The AI doesn't always declare war, sometimes it invades out right (just like we do!)

You'll be waiting until the end of the game if you try to annex a non-capital territory by squatting there. You must capture and hold the capital territory of a nation until the bar fills up. The speed that this fills up depends on the numbers and qualities of your sieging armies. (i.e. if you have only two captains with militia, then it will take a while and you will probably lose all your men when they rise up against you which they will do periodically.)

If you want to annex just some outlying territories of a belligerent nation, sue for peace while you have your army situated on the territory(ies) you want. If they accept, then the territory becomes yours. Remember, you have to have remained in that territory for at least one turn (when the territory's color changes to yours and the flag appears).

When you're at war with a major power, it's a good idea to annex the crap out of him for a couple of wars before you subjugate him completely. Otherwise the outlying territories don't fully become yours. They only remain "occupied" and don't really produce anything for you, so you can't build in them. It took a couple of games and some input from this forum for me to figure that out!

So what do you suggest me do now? I have wiped out all the French troops and yet I am not strong enough to annex the France because of the Irritating rebels and also how to annex the outlay French territories? do I have to annex the French capital first before I can annex its territory or I can just stay my troops at the territory because so far I find it's really hard to take over the territory once if it's been taken by a major power and also how come the French can take over my Spanish territory and free it in just one turn whereas I need to wait so many turns to annex Spain this is not fair!!!! I tried so hard to finally conqured one neature country and when Frenchy comes they just free it in one turn..is this a bug or what?

You can free neutral territories that are held by another country in one turn too, if there are no troops stationed there. Always leave a defending force in a conquered neutral territory otherwise an enemy will sneak attack and liberated them in one turn if there are no troops stationed there. All they have to do is walk in, it's that simple-not a bug.

If you had some troops in Spain's capital, France might have thought twice about invading it. You don't want to annex an enemy major country (like France) yet anyways. Seek peace with them (you have to pay) when you have troops in some of their territories and if they accept, you annex those territories. If you subjugate France without any peripheral annexations first, then all their outlying territories are no good to you.

Originally Posted by 5/77 Armd
    You can free neutral territories that are held by another country in one turn too, if there are no troops stationed there. Always leave a defending force in a conquered neutral territory otherwise an enemy will sneak attack and liberated them in one turn if there are no troops stationed there. All they have to do is walk in, it's that simple-not a bug.

If you had some troops in Spain's capital, France might have thought twice about invading it. You don't want to annex an enemy major country (like France) yet anyways. Seek peace with them (you have to pay) when you have troops in some of their territories and if they accept, you annex those territories. If you subjugate France without any peripheral annexations first, then all their outlying territories are no good to you.
    OKi finally I have kicked the crap out of France. France is totally wiped out from the face of the earth. HOwever, all of its lands and territories are deserted now and I can benifit anything from them after a long tough fight with france. What do you suggest me to do now? put some of my troops on all its territories and lands and Free il-de France? or should I just stay there and never let France to wake up.