Page 9 of 10 First First ... 5678910 Last

Thread: Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- to Xbox 360

Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX- to Xbox 360

Originally Posted by sleepyeyes

Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy XV are coming for XBone (www.vg247.com/2013/06/11/kingdom-hearts-...). I can't wait to compare sales figures.

Well for now, at least on Amazon, both PS3 versions of FFXV and KH3 is in the top 50 best seller, while either of the Xbone version has even made it to top 100...

Originally Posted by theresay

Originally Posted by Ariies

Dont know if it was said or not, but unfortunately Kingdom Heats III will be on xbox crapbox one as well as ps4. I'm not gonna hate, but i'm not gonna congratulate either. I guess that means Sora wont get a spot on PLAYSTATION ALLSTARS.

Being on Xbox or not, he can't be on Playstation Allstars since he's a Disney character and Sony will need to get license from Disney. I know, I know, he was designed by Nomura and all that, but the truth is, everything in Kingdom Hearts, except those of Final Fantasy, belong to Disney--it was part of the agreement. I learned about this when the first KH came out, from Gameinformer, I think, or EGM. Proof? Just find an official picture of any KH original character without anything of FF or other Disney characters in it, and you'll see a familiar little "C" in a circle with the word "Disney" following it.

I wasnt really being serious when I said it. Would be nice, but I understand where you're coming from. However I do think Lightning is becoming the new Cloud. Her role in Final Fantasy series is becoming just as big I think.

I wasnt really being serious when I said it. Would be nice, but I understand where you're coming from. However I do think Lightning is becoming the new Cloud. Her role in Final Fantasy series is becoming just as big I think.

It does seem that way, doesn't it? I don't mind, though, I like Lightning. She's on the top of my "favorite female game characters" list.

I really like Lightning, too. It's just hard to really compare her with Cloud. His story sole 10 million copies, while hers has only sold about 4 million.

So interesting to hear it is only to be a ps3 landmark, oh well.

I really like Lightning, too. It's just hard to really compare her with Cloud. His story sole 10 million copies, while hers has only sold about 4 million.

Actually, according to the last solid figures I saw the first Lightning Saga game had sold between 4.9 and 5 million on the PS3 ONLY, with approximately 2 million on the 360 for a total of 6-7 million. On the other hand, the sales of VII have hit somewhere between 9.5 and 10.
    The sales of Final Fantasy VII span approximately 16 years as of January of 2013, whereas XIII is just over three years old. It will be 4 this December, although we shouldn't be counting that because then we'd be counting VII's 17th in January too.
    That's not even taking into account the sales of XIII-2, a game that was marketed as being the continuation of her story (although it was really more about Serah), or the unknown factor of what sort of sales the game that actually bears her name (and features her as the sole playable character) will see. The other stories in Cloud's 'Verse, by contrast, are about characters other than Cloud himself and marketed with very little tie-in.

She may not be there yet, and obviously she'll probably never overtake him, but I don't think it's wrong to say she's becoming the Cloud of today. Haters may hate, but she's a surprisingly popular character despite that.

~~~

And since this is already off-topic enough, I'd just like to say that the Liberator/Saviour!Lightning from Lightning Returns would make a perfect addition to Kingdom Hearts, 3 or otherwise. All you have to do is change two words in what we currently know to be the story. Lightning's goal is to save the souls of the people living in her world, so she can keep them safe once Chaos consumes the planet. You just change "souls" to "Hearts" and "Chaos" to "darkness" and the story is pre-written. Just slap her Liberator/Saviour self somewhere in the Lanes Between, and have Sora meet her at random while trying to find a new world to release those Hearts (so they can start a new life).

@Leaferian: Man, I seriously dig your idea of putting Saviour Lightning in KH3. You hit the spot pretty accurately with what you said.
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

Originally Posted by Zench
    @Leaferian: Man, I seriously dig your idea of putting Saviour Lightning in KH3. You hit the spot pretty accurately with what you said.
    Right? It's practically already written itself. Just have Sora run into her, and every time her runs into her some massively scary Heartless is on her tail. He has to stop it and save her, maybe getting some kind of cool rewards along the way that ends up eventually netting him a Lightning-inspired Keyblade. And if Nomura wants to add more flexibility and choice to the games, then make there be a number of worlds where Lightning might "settle down" along with a number of the cast from not just XIII but other Final Fantasy or Square Enix IPs, where the characters that show up will depend on what world you choose.

Of course, I doubt that last bit would ever happen. But everything up to the Keyblade seems like easy fan points.

Keep Lightning out of my Kingdom Hearts. You guys have your XIII game no need to shove her into every SE game to appeal to her small niche crowd.

Also SE characters don't show up in KH unless Nomura had strong input on their characters in each respective title. Nomura didn't have strong input in XIII.

It's more likely at this point we'll see more XV and TWEWY characters in KH3 than XIII characters.

Lightning has a much larger fan base than a character like Yuffie, but shes in there and as much as I don't like her I'm not ranting, or trashing her fans. You can have your opinions and not like something, but really lets not be rude about it. Either way it's not like it would have a huge impact on the story, most the cameos dont.. (save for "leon" and them) I for one would love to see her in it.

Originally Posted by imported_Leaferian

She may not be there yet, and obviously she'll probably never overtake him, but I don't think it's wrong to say she's becoming the Cloud of today. Haters may hate, but she's a surprisingly popular character despite that.

I'm definitely not hating. And, I don't really think you're wrong. I just think Cloud's are some seriously enormous shoes to fill, is all. I think Lightning is the Shiznizzle! And, I can't wait to see her in Lightning Returns, and I think she'd make a great addition to KH3.

But, imho, Cloud she is not - at least, not yet.

I dislike Lightning coz of the way she was written in the XIII series. Perhaps when she is brought into KH3, due to a different story and setting, she'll improve a little? I like her original design (XIII), and hope Nomura sticks with that one for KH3.

And yeah, she's pretty much guaranteed to be in KH3.

Originally Posted by imported_Leaferian

I'm definitely not hating. And, I don't really think you're wrong. I just think Cloud's are some seriously enormous shoes to fill, is all. I think Lightning is the Shiznizzle! And, I can't wait to see her in Lightning Returns, and I think she'd make a great addition to KH3.

But, imho, Cloud she is not - at least, not yet.

When I said it, i didnt mean she would fill his shoes. But her character importance is becoming one like cloud in the series sense. Already 4 games with her in it. XIII, XIII-2, Dissidia DD, and Lightning returns. Her and cloud are 2 different eras but are seemingly massaive characters in their respective worlds. Cloud rocked out because of the dynamics of his character, gameplay overall, supporting characters, his rival and story overall. Squall got air time because of the gun blade and the graphics, gameplay, and cutscenes of VIII. His character dynamics and story helped a little. Thats all in my opinion. Based on that, Tidus should have had air time but his character dynamics sucked. (crying lil itch) Now we have Lightning. you see where i'm going with this?

Based on that, Tidus should have had air time but his character dynamics sucked. (crying lil itch) Now we have Lightning. you see where i'm going with this?

Sure I do, and I basically agree with you in theory. In practice, Cloud will always have a hallowed place in gaming, and no one will ever be him. Of course, that's just *my* opinion, and arguing it is like arguing what is the best flavor of ice cream.

Let me say it again: Lightning fricking rocks. She is as much a badass as any other FF hero/heroine, and her heart, like theirs, is in the right place, in the end. I hope, hope, hope that she is a supporting character in KH3, and I hope she gets a movie not unlike Advent Children.

As for Tidus, I begrudgingly agree with you, but I don't think that should shut him out of KH3. Maybe Yuna is a better fit, though.

Tidus was already in KH, as a lil kid on the islands. However it would be interesting to see how those guys grew up. The only one we ever saw again was Selphie in the one scene with Kairi

Originally Posted by saria3

Tidus was already in KH, as a lil kid on the islands. However it would be interesting to see how those guys grew up. The only one we ever saw again was Selphie in the one scene with Kairi

And the point of that is...Tidus is a low level character that gets no real rock time...only in the kiddie pool. His character dynamics is not even significant in kh. If he had such a presence in his own game, he would have played a part similar to Squall and Cloud in kh.

It's also funny that until it was mentioned, and I thought about it... I forgot he was even in it at all. lol

It's also funny that until it was mentioned, and I thought about it... I forgot he was even in it at all. lol

basically! LOL. Its so funny that Yuna, Rikku, and Paine had more of a presence in kh2.

I liked that they were lil thieving fairies lol. I hope we get to see some characters from 12 as well. Baltheir and Fran would be awesome
    I just really missed the FF cameos in the handhelds, I'm ready for more of that. Bring on whomever and I'm sure to be happy, not really anyone I'd "hate" to see, just about anyone new (well new as far as for KH anyway)

Please let this thread die. Its title is ridiculous and fictitious. In no way can it be rationally held that SE disrespected Xbox fans.
    SE didn't, but their forum community here sure did.

Originally Posted by imported_Brennan

Please let this thread die. Its title is ridiculous and fictitious. In no way can it be rationally held that SE disrespected Xbox fans.

SE didn't, but their forum community here sure did.

Techically no! One person felt that. But everyone has their opinion.

I just signed up with square enix to reply for this forum. It has taken forever for square enix to actually do something progressive for kingdom hearts. The xbox has had a growing fan base because believe it or not most 360 owners owned a ps2 and probably did play kingdomhearts. So locking down kingdomhearts was losing a big fan base just by showing this trailer you rekindle the old ps2 player in them. If by some miracle Square Enix does release a collection for 360 or one the old ps2 fans would greatly appreciate it. Because not all of us are ps3/ps4 fans.

Thanks Square Enix if you actually listen,

A Loyal Fan

and with that - offically unsubscribing to this thread

and with that - offically unsubscribing to this thread

Awww, you know that would never happen. There is no way that they would remake it for the 360. Too bad for them. They only have their sights ahead on the next gen consoles.

Originally Posted by imported_Taylor
    I just signed up with square enix to reply for this forum. It has taken forever for square enix to actually do something progressive for kingdom hearts. The xbox has had a growing fan base because believe it or not most 360 owners owned a ps2 and probably did play kingdomhearts. So locking down kingdomhearts was losing a big fan base just by showing this trailer you rekindle the old ps2 player in them. If by some miracle Square Enix does release a collection for 360 or one the old ps2 fans would greatly appreciate it. Because not all of us are ps3/ps4 fans.

Thanks Square Enix if you actually listen,

A Loyal Fan
    hey taylor glad to see another loyal xbox fans. support xbox fans iniatitive by signing this petition and linking the petition to other places as well every signature counts so please do. www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-en...

Page 9 of 10 First First ... 5678910 Last