Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Final Fantasy 9 On STEAM

Final Fantasy 9 On STEAM

So, Final Fantasy 13 was released to PC - PS3 Architecture is even different to PC - What do you say now?

Now Final Fantasy 9 on PC Please

One could say that there is an Xbox 360 ver of XIII.

It is not impossible to port IX to PC, it's just not that simple.

Exactly. Final Fantasy IV has been released to PC/Steam and that NEVER had a PC port. It came out on SNES for christ sake. FFXIII/FXIII-2 are now on PC/Steam as well. It's more then obvious they are going down the line with each FF. I own all of the ones released thus far for PC/Steam III, IV, VII, VIII, XIII and XIII-2. Just anxiously awaiting them to release IX now, which was the best one IMO.

i really hate to nerco the thread but while people here think its easy. lets revisit FF7 and FF8 outside the achievements modern resolution, cloud saves and "Boosters", that there hasn't been a single change gamewise. (improve bugs crash issues graphical glitches) its just an updated "Wrapper" so to speak around the game's launcher. (this is evident if you look at the FF7/FF8 PC modding community that there's the "Tifa's Bootleg converter" that converts the steam release and 2012 Release of 7 to the 1998 Original Edios release)

the Source code for the original PC ports may very well have been lost for those two titles while the Game Assets (content) was pulled from the orginal Edios Releases. (could possibly explain the many statements why there wont be a HD Remake of 7 and that the PS3 tech demo didnt go any further than it did. a case of that they dont want to remake 7/8 etc, but cant remake the games)

i could say that the game's source for 9 maybe lost as well and that a PC Port wont exist but FF4 makes this fall apart. (why archive and maintain 4's Source specifically and not 7 8 and 9 etc.)

Sorry i had to toss my two cents in (despite im likely going to get warned for necro'ing) but the closest we'll reasonably see is Emulation + Physical discs unless Squeenix releases sort of a Official emulator with "Digital" copies of 9.

I believe that it will happen. Why? Because it has to, if they want FFIX to make them any money in the future.

FFIX only currently exists, only has ever existed, as Playstation code. That's great as long as people still have original Playstations or machines that can legally emulate one (PS3 or Vita). But machines like that are only getting more rare: PSOne has long since been discontinued and disc copies will only get harder to find. PS3 will eventually sunset too, and the Vita will likely follow even sooner. The PS4 does not emulate PSOne, and future systems probably won't either. PC emulation is, of course, illegal, and S-E doesn't make any money from it.

But S-E has shown that they see their FF titles as evergreen properties that they like to re-release and continue to make money on in the future. They've done a lot of work to ensure that their most popular titles can continue to exist on other platforms, so they can win the company new fans.

With FFVII and VIII, this was easy, because they had previous PC versions made. Those two games are now immortal: now that they run natively on PC, they will be able to run on pretty much anything long into the future, since most platforms, desktop or mobile, are compatible with PC code.

I read once that work had started on bringing FFIX to the PC back close to its original release, but that it was canceled. Who knows how far they got? Regardless, I think that they will put the work in and port the game to PC, because if they leave it stranded on the PSOne they lose any potential future revenue it can generate. And as I've speculated in my other thread, the fact that a brand new guide is being written for the game for release on July 7 suggests to me that this may happen sooner than later.

They're releasing FFV on Steam. Does the fact that FFI-FFVI have been re-released for mobile devices make them easier to make PC versions of them? Still, there's been big gaps between their Steam releases, I'm guessing that they want to do all of them but it takes work. Still, it's sad that the lovely FFIX gets pushed to very, very end of the line, if it's on the queue at all. I'm playing FFVII now and I want a release like that for FFIX so much, with the crisp sprites and all. Unless the reason they've delayed any re-release of FFIX is because it's worth re-mastering. Its art and FMVs are gorgeous, pity about the PSX compression.

^ Yeah. In fact, the PC releases of FF 3, 4, and 4 TAY are actually running in some sort of Android-based emulator/environment. I assume that FF 6 & Dimensions will be ported to PC next, because those have HD versions on mobile too. FF Tactics may also follow the suit. Not sure about FF1 & 2 as there is no HD version of them as of now.
    Last edited by moooka; 12th Sep 2015 at 10:22.

I would love to see FF IX on Steam or any other plattform, except mobile. It is the only FF i haven't played through. And now even FFX got a remaster

Originally Posted by kugeltrudel
    I would love to see FF IX on Steam or any other plattform, except mobile. It is the only FF i haven't played through. And now even FFX got a remaster
    Hm I guess, 9 was not as popular as 7 or 8 for example. But I have to addmit, I also want 9 on PC... I want it all on PC to be honest.
    Many Parts have already been released for PC, but some of the best still not, like 9, 10 and 12.... please, let it happen :/

Originally Posted by Sealbreaker
    Hm I guess, 9 was not as popular as 7 or 8 for example. But I have to addmit, I also want 9 on PC... I want it all on PC to be honest.
    Many Parts have already been released for PC, but some of the best still not, like 9, 10 and 12.... please, let it happen :/
    FFIX was sold about 1 Million less than FFX - Source
    and depending on this site FFIX has even better ratings than FF7/8/10.

Basically, it was sold less, but the people who played it enjoyed it much more than the other parts. Personally, I loved playing FF9 with my cousin - we met up every weekend and played for hours together. I want to buy all series of FF on Steam and play them, but so far I don't like FF7/8 to much - I've never finished them, but FF9 is the perfect FF in my eyes.
    Why?
    You basically enjoy the game from the first minute. F.e. I hate the beginning of FFX, but I'm loving the game as whole, because of the story(FFX starts to begin to being awesome @the blitzball tournament, everything before is more or less boring to do). In FFIX you can play with cards, you have this quick time events, like jumping rope at the beginning or the duell in the theater, which made the whole beginning much more enjoyable for me.

Just my personal opinion: If Square Enix gets an interesting beginning , just like in FFIX, you enjoy the game much much more.

honestly guys, if you really want FFIX to come out on steam spam S-E with messages requesting this to happen. This is the best way to make a company consider your request,

Also, they should definitely remaster this game and use these original backgrounds and character models:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551612

Wow, you were pretty wrong on every point.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12