Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Discription of files that can be modified P1,P2 & P3

Discription of files that can be modified P1,P2 & P3

  1. #26
    Great. I'll just change the extension to .zip and let XP unzip it. It's more effective a tool than winRAR, because it's shell integrated and won't use more system resources than necessary.

    That's one thing solved. Has anyone found the files that control governments yet?

  2. #27
    Originally Posted by Emperor of the French
    Great. I'll just change the extension to .zip and let XP unzip it. It's more effective a tool than winRAR, because it's shell integrated and won't use more system resources than necessary.

    That's one thing solved. Has anyone found the files that control governments yet?
    It's compressed, "like a .ZIP file is". But it's not a .ZIP file. It's a .RAR compressed file. Last I checked, Winzip doesn't do .RAR compression format. You must change the file extension to .RAR.

    TT

  3. #28
    getting the game without anexations(peaceful ones).
    .... DefReglasEdificios.sb

    to not to get so much anexations i put all buildings that give better relations
    CONSULADO,PERIODICO,CTO_CULTURAL,BOLETIN_ARMADA,INFRAESTRUCTURAS, put all to 0.0, it works but i think ai will still build and try to get relations to 100 and like thats not very easy they will spend lot of money, how can i change the ai to not spend money on buildings for anexations?

    nice helping post u guys put helped me much

  4. #29
    That'll only be done in the Ai Script, I don't know about those, anyone got a clue?

    Likely it'll be a percentage factor on how much the Ai spends into building these things, and you'd just need to set it to zero.

    Quickly scan through Yorke's and mine lists to see if such an options appears, but I'll try looking into it.

  5. #30
    C:\Programas\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion\IA ...
    .PERFIL_PRIMARIO
    if i modify the quantity of .PORCENTAJE_DIPLOMATICO 0.10 # Porcentaje de la faceta economica, what does it really do? lesser seaking of agrements and comecial stuff or lesser money to peace anexations ??(if i put les percentage)

    other question: Modificatador_Anexion_Easy is this for anexaion peacefully or when in war and taking that province , i think is the last but not sure.

    other question: where can i find the file with the province stats, with the amount of money raw materials etc that is "maked" in each province.

    thks

  6. #31
    nice thing make peace anexations almost impossible if i put all buildings to make beter realations to 0 (i played some time a game and uk still anexes much countrys(hanover denmark portugal moroco in the time i played some 10 years) batavia not because maked a coalition,so then putted in
    C:\Programas\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion\Reglas
    BONUS_HOSTILIDAD_MENSAJES_DIPLOMATICOS
    .MEJORA_RELACION 1.0 very low ,
    but still need to know how to put investements of the countries in peaceful anexations to 0 somewhere

  7. #32
    I'm sure I'm missing something, but when I install the new patch files, and then try to expand the data.pak, and text.pak to modify some files- the game tells me that I'm using version 1.0 and the new features in the patch are not there. Is there a way to expand the files and modify them, as explained in the first post by BenJ, and still have the benefit of patch 1.1?

    Thanks,
    Michael

  8. #33
    I haven't read this whole thread in depth, but the bits I did read were about modding the strategy map, e.g. Trade, research, etc.

    I'm happy with the strategy map gameplay, what I want to know is, is it possible to mod the tactical gameply, i.e. unit stats, make militia weaker, reduce all units melee charge fixation, etc?

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1
    Hi im a lil new to Modding Imperial Glory, But i was wondering if you can change the build times of units , Like i did with the technical Advances in 1 turn?

  10. #35
    I am trying to change the number of generals you can put in a provence with notepad but it tells me it is a read only file when I try to save it. Could someone tell me what Im doing wrong? Thanks.

  11. #36
    Never mind. I figured it out.

  12. #37
    Originally Posted by Hengist_Sharpe
    I haven't read this whole thread in depth, but the bits I did read were about modding the strategy map, e.g. Trade, research, etc.

    I'm happy with the strategy map gameplay, what I want to know is, is it possible to mod the tactical gameply, i.e. unit stats, make militia weaker, reduce all units melee charge fixation, etc?
    This area is currently hard to locate we think its a *.sb file that we can't understand with most programs at the time. Hopefully someone will crack it soon.

  13. #38
    Originally Posted by Phillippe
    This area is currently hard to locate we think its a *.sb file that we can't understand with most programs at the time. Hopefully someone will crack it soon.
    The unit stats are in Imperial Glory/Game/Gamemodes/ModeloCombate.dt, which is a binary file. I've made some progress figuring out the format, and have posted some details to the Mod Discussion forum over on TAFN.

    I'm working on a more in-depth guide, as well as a program to make things easier (at the moment to change anything you need to get stuck in with a hex editor), both of which I'll post here as soon as they're finished.

    So far I've been able to change: unit strength (number of soldiers), weapon range & accuracy, movement speed & the size of the gaps between soldiers.

  14. #39
    Has anyone found where the inital starting forces of each country is located? I found the ships but not the ground forces. I want to do away with militia altogether. Any help would be appreciated!

  15. #40
    Has anyone looked in the Batalla folder yet?, i've looked briefly through it and from what I can tell it controls the AI behaviour during battle. I've been mostly looking at the DatosAIBatalla.sb.

  16. #41
    Originally Posted by Lakefather
    Has anyone looked in the Batalla folder yet?, i've looked briefly through it and from what I can tell it controls the AI behaviour during battle. I've been mostly looking at the DatosAIBatalla.sb.
    I think the actual AI decision making process is controlled by LUA scripts (not something I know a huge amount about, but I think it's the same as was used for the AI in Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War.

    Some people modding that had some success in altering the AI, so hopefully the same is possible for IG.

    The scripts are in \Imperial Glory\Game\LuaScripts\IA_Batalla\ is anyone fancies having a look.

  17. #42
    Originally Posted by Icanus
    I think the actual AI decision making process is controlled by LUA scripts (not something I know a huge amount about, but I think it's the same as was used for the AI in Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War.

    Some people modding that had some success in altering the AI, so hopefully the same is possible for IG.

    The scripts are in \Imperial Glory\Game\LuaScripts\IA_Batalla\ is anyone fancies having a look.
    The DatosAIBatalla.sb file does affect the AI in a small way, i've been playing with it today and changed a few things. The line containing ARTILLERY_DANGER_BONUS_COEF for example, if you set this to a low number then the AI hardly uses its artillery.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    14

    100 Infantry Limit

    Hi guys,
    Has anyone come up with a way to go beyond the 100 Infantry limit? Forming square seems to be the limiting factor.

    Also, I am looking to add more starting troops to the map. Does anyone know how to do that?

    Thanks,

    OB

  19. #44
    Which file contains information about the things in the Gamemodes\gestion\edificios folder? I've determined that it's the folder where the buildings on the strategy map appear--but I can't find a *.sb file that controls it.

    I'm looking for it, mostly since I want to see if there's a way that I can use that awesome equestrian statue from the Dictatorship government on any government type I use as France, but where the other empires don't have it unless they do use the actual Dictatorship government. I'm not even sure if it's possible, which is why I want to be able to find these files...

  20. #45
    Originally Posted by timetraveller
    It's compressed, "like a .ZIP file is". But it's not a .ZIP file. It's a .RAR compressed file. Last I checked, Winzip doesn't do .RAR compression format. You must change the file extension to .RAR.

    TT
    Hi there, I have just started to MOD Imperial Glory. Em I have tried to extract the file but it shows a Error "The archive is unknown format or damaged" I have tried renaming the extension to RAR and rar but it doesnt work and I cannot extract the files. HELP ANYONE???

    Silver Surfer

  21. #46
    Hi.Its well worthwhile modding this game!!!However its not the work of an hour or two....You will have to research it by looking up old posts by the likes of Icanus/Naihreann and even me!!!
    Sounds like Uninstalling and reinstalling IG might be a good ides .it only takes 5-10 mins and if you dont have the patience for that forget about modding the game!!!
    Dont forget patch v1.1 to slow down the gameplay (half speed is actually more historically accurate)
    The Icanus stat/unit mod utilities come in an earlier and later type.The later is simpler to use but wont allow much longer artillery range.
    NB NB NB!!!!!You must rightclick the game folder and untick the READ ONLY box or no mods will be allowed/remain
    Once you have got even a single mod eg 6 cannons per unit instead of 3 you can do alll the rest at your leisure-it takes a LOT of time
    The 'Battle' mod of a more recent poster does a kind of all in one pre-ready mod....
    See tafn dot info for all the files you need

  22. #47
    So all you need is winrar to unpack the pak files? Wow that's easy.

  23. #48
    Originally Posted by Zygmunt I
    So all you need is winrar to unpack the pak files? Wow that's easy.
    Yes it's that easy

  24. #49
    Anyone figured out how to disable the timer yet?

  25. #50
    Hi everyone
    I would like to ask how to modify the music in the Audio/Battle/Music folder to become a music that changes in real time during the land battle.

    Of course i putted in the music in this folder BUT during the battle game played the same music and after that repeat and repeat... never ending story

    So i have already song in main menu from the Patriot movie in wav format but in other cases the music didn't change.

    For example in the Audio/Battle/Music folder are 6 songs but ONLY one is played during a battle.....

    What is going on ??

    One sb file defines the in-game music but beside the music volume i didn;t know how to change other stats

    I'm not a modder unfortunately so i changed only some in game units stats and installed some mods.

    But it will be great to put own music to the Imperial Glory.


Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last