Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Discription of files that can be modified P1,P2 & P3

Discription of files that can be modified P1,P2 & P3

Lightbulb Discription on files that can be modified P1,P2 & P3

Rite, as the title suggests here is a break down of the files that can be modified to your hearts content. And how to get em ..

Make sure you back up any files you play with

Myself will not and cannot be held responsible for computer hangs or such like as a result of this data.

Eidos and pyro will not beable to offer tech support or any gaurantee

Originally Posted by Benj
    1. Extract "data.pak" to wherever you want using Winrar.

2. You should have a folder called "data".

3. Open the "data" folder and cut and paste every folder in there to "C:\Program Files\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory".

4. Delete the "data" folder.

5. Extract "text.pak" to wherever you want using Winrar.

6. You should have a folder called "text".

7. Open the text folder and cut and paste the "texto" folder to "C:\Program Files\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory"

8. Delete the "Text" folder.

9. Rename the "data.pak" file to "data.pak.bak"

10. Rename the "Text.pak" file to "Text.pak.bak"

11. You should now have the following in your "C:\Program Files\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory" folder:

Audio folder
    Effects folder
    Engine folder
    Fonts folder
    Game folder
    Models folder
    Teclas folder
    texto folder
    Textures folder
    Video folder

Binkw32.dll
    Config.sb
    data.pak.bak
    Game.sb
    Imperial Glory Manual.pdf
    ImperialGlory.exe
    Ogg.dll
    readme.rtf
    Text.pak.bak
    Vorbis.dll

To revert to the default installation, delete:

Effects folder
    Engine folder
    Fonts folder
    Game folder
    Models folder
    Teclas folder
    texto folder
    Textures folder

And rename "data.pak.bak" to "data.pak" and "Text.pak.bak" to "Text.pak"
    Cheers benji (gotta love cut and paste)

You can edit .sb Files using notepad etc..

If your spanish and my translations are incorrect feel free to send me grief
    Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday..

Thumbs Up

file root - Game/Gamemode/gestion/comercio - DefComercio.sb

This file deals with trade based income. Modifying this file can make it eaier to gain cash or make it harder depending on what you want .

The First 3 values represent the percentage gained from Interior trade.
    so modifying these values will effect what income you generate from your own lands.

The Second set of values represent the percentage gained from forigen land based trade.
    Each level represents what building lvl is required, so the value represented by 33 means that you get a 33% trade profit. Do not exceed 100

The Third set of numbers represent the percentage gained from forigen sea base trade.
    again this works in the same way as landbased trade

The forth set of numbers Impuestos Tax deals with the modifiers when you build the two required buildings .
    file root - Game\gamemode\gestion\IA - and the the country you wnt to edit

This file deals with how the AI acts on the campaign map. From Building armies to diplomatic uses.

The First set of 4 numbers deal with the AI perference as a whole .
    sry lost my notes regarding this part but will editied shorty

Temeridad - meaing reckless act , Tbh i dont know how this effects the AI apart form less suicidel attacks on the campaign map ..

Modificatador_Anexion_Easy - This seams to deal with how easy it is to annex a province increaseing the value will make it harder .

Umbral_Hostilidad_Declaracion_Guerra - The threshold of hostilities to declare war.

If you increase the number from 25 - x the AI will more likley declare war on you if your sympathy is x with that country. However if you are alot stronger than the country he wont do it alone but my form a coalition instead.

Preferencia_Construccion - the total valuse must add up to 1
    These numbers deal with the priority the AI give to each group as a whole.

Edificios - buildings
    Batallones - Troops
    Barcos - Ships

eg:- Edificios .60
    Batallones .30
    Barcos .10

total value = 1.0

Preferencia_Investigaction - Again the total values must add upto 1
    These values deal with the priority the AI give on the tech tree.

Porcentage_rama_Comercial - percentage of comercial branch
    --------"--------_Politica - percentage of political branch
    --------"--------_Militar - percentage of military branch
    --------"--------_Recursos - percentage of resorces branch

Preferencia_Batallones
    This list deals with the prefernce the AI give when constructing it armies . setting a value to 0 and thge Ai will not build that unit, setting it higher will increace the priority.
    do not exceed a value of 2.0

ill post a full list of translated units asap..

Preferencia_Barcos deals with the AI prefernce when it comes to constructing his navies .

Corbeta - sloop
    Frigata - Frigate
    Navio - S.O.L "Ship Of the Line"

Again the total value must add upto 1

The rest of the file deals with the AI prefernce to goverment types ..

file root - Game\gamemode\gestion\regals - DefRegalsGernerales

MAX_BARCOS_EN_FLOTA - quantity of boats in fleet
    Setting this higher in therory should allow more ships per fleet. but test show that it crashes the game on hard setting. The only way of getting the ships out of the fleet is by docking the ship in port.

[b]MAX_TROPAS_TITULARES - Max troops allowed in a battle
    Warning
    Setting this high will cause system slowdown. IT also has creates a major problem when comming to troop deployment on the battle field. After you initial units are placed in the red starting box the other units are placed outside in on spot. so you might end up with 50 howiters in one spot ..

TURNOS_PPASO_POR_CAMBIO_JUG_DE_PAIS - Right of passage after an event, if thats after liberating a province of giving a province away.
    You have X amount of turns to get out ..

MODIFICADOR_HOSTILIDAD_DIFICULTAD - Modify naval difficulty
    This gives the AI a bouns when fighting human players. I think . Not noticed anything different as the hard setting is at max.

MODIFICADOR_HOSTILIDAD_POR_PRUNTUACION
    Deals with the accuracy of cannon fire from AI
    PROCICION_RANKING_APLICABLE 1 1 is the base number .

Easy, Medium & Hard can be modified between -1.0 to 1.0

MODIFICADOR_PRODUCTION_NIVEL_DIFICULTAD - Modify the production cost according to the dificulty setting.

ORO - Gold
    MATERIALS_PRIMAS - Raw Materials
    COMIDA - Food
    CIENCIA - Research

Aplicar_A_jugadores_Imperials - Apply to Imperials
    " " " _Neutrales - Apply to Neutrals

The values can be set between -100 and 100

BONUS_HOSTILIDAD_MENSAJES_DIPLOMATICOS
    deals with the bonus and penalties from diplomatic transactions .

Permisa_Pas - Right of passage
    Mejora_Relacion - Improve Relations
    Declaracion_Guerra - Declare War
    Declaracion_Guerra_no_Diplomatica - Invade a province without declaring war (this is the gobal penalty)
    Proposicion_Tregua - Propose a Truce (Maybe the gobal value)
    Proposicion_Armisticio - Propose a Peace Treaty
    Proteccion_Mutua - Defencesive Alliance
    Trato_Comercial_Especial - Comercial Treaty
    Proposicion_Matrimonio - Arrange Marrage
    Alianzas_Contra_Treceros - Coalition
    Envio_Effectivos - Give Military aid / Loan Armies
    Solicitad_Ayuda_Militar - Request Military Aid

[Modifyers]
    Ultimatum - Ultimatum
    Rechazo-Oferta - Reject Offer

All values can be modified between -100 and 100 .. Setting it higher will give you a positive bonus and lower a negative bonus

BONUS_HOSTILIDAD_ACCIONES
    These next for deal with the consiquenses (sp) of violatinig diplomatic treaties and bonus modifyers fro goverment types (they are in order as they aprear in the file) They can be modified between -100 and 100

Falier to move troops out of a province after R.O.P (Right of passage) has come to a end.

Same Goverment ideal - ie absolute or democratic

Not the same goverment ideal

Declaration or war early - Ie signing a peace treaty the turn before then declaring war the turn after . (This is a globle value)

COMPETENCIA_ANEXION_POR_DELCARACION_GUERRA - Completed anexation through war
    COMPETENCIA_ANEXION_POR_CONSTRUCCION_EDIFICO - Completed anexation through peacfull anexation buildings .

these can be modified between -100 and 100 they are globle values

COMPLETENCIA_ANEXION_POR_MEJORA_RELACIONES - dont mess with this

The next two values deal with liberating a anexed country
    NEY
    YEA

these can be set between -100 and 100

CONOCIMIENTO_SABOTAJE - Comerical Sabotarge

again set between -100 and 100
    ZONA_INEFUENCIA zonal infulence
    deals with the goverment infulence over the 3 distances.
    1 being the boader countries and so one

TURNOS_TRATADOS_DIPLOMATICOS - How many turns a diplomatic treaty lasts

these can be set to any value you like. Please remeber if you set a defenceive alliance to 10000000 turns you might end up waiting till you next birthday before you can finnish the game

CFG_PROTECION_MUTUA - config defencive alliance
    MAX_JUGADORES - How many people in the pact

PORCENTAJE_HOSTILIDAD_SITACION_GUERRA the percentage of provinces lossed before the AI seeks peace

VALOR_MAXIMO_TRATADOS_COMERCIALES - Maximun valuse in a comercial treaty

PORCENTAJE_DESERCION_BATALLONES_CEDIDOS_GUERRA - how many units desert

CAPACIDAD_PROVINCIAS - capacity for each province

MAX_FLOTAS - Max Ships
    MAX_EJERITOS - Max Generals
    MAX_EJERITOS_REFUERZO - Max Generals Used as Reinforcements

Warning Setting this high will cause system slowdown. IT also has creates a major problem when comming to troop deployment on the battle field. After you initial units are placed in the red starting box the other units are placed outside in on spot. so you might end up with 50 howiters in one spot ..

Regarding more ships on the screen - If you have alot some ships will still go poof. Another draw back is that the extra ships (anything over 7) will be spawned in the same spot, this has the effect of getting them to move out of possition a nightmare. And some will sustain dammage But all in all i had a massive battle with 25 ships on the screen and it was hectic , ships getting racked from every angle and then some

Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion\Balanceo - DefsBalanceoJugadores

This file deals with the base cost of everything. Setting the values high will increase the the cost whilst setting em to 0.0 will cost ya nowt.

.MILITAR - deals with the military tech branch costs
    .COMERCIAL - deals with the commercial tech branch costs
    .RECURSOS - deals with the resource tech branch costs
    .POLITICA - deals with the political tech branch costs
    .TROPAS - deals with the costs of troop production and upkeep
    .BARCOS - deals with the costs of ship production and upkeep

The nations are quite easy to self translate, the minor countries use the default setting except the Ottomans and spain.

Quests.
    Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion\Quest - DefQuest

This as you might guess deals with the quest. In this file you can modify how much resourses you need to complete the quest and what you get for doing the quest.
    *Warning* any missed placed . (full stop / period (for you yanks out there)) will cause the game to crash.

e.g 1
    .REVOLUCION_AGRARIA - Agrarian Revolution
    [
    #.TURNOS 0 #5 - How many turns it takes to take effect 0
    #5 means its avalible to all gove types i think :?
    #.REQUISITOS - What is required
    ##[
    ##.RUTAS_TERRESTRES [ .CANTIDAD 1 ] - 1 land tade route
    ]

#.RECOMPENSAS - What ya get
    #[
    ##.EJERCITOS - Army
    ##[
    ###[ .MANDO MARISCAL .EFECTIVOS [ OBUS_CAB OBUS_CAB OBUS_CAB CAB_DRAGON ELITE ELITE ] ]
    ###[ .MANDO MARISCAL .EFECTIVOS [ OBUS_CAB OBUS_CAB OBUS_CAB CAB_DRAGON ELITE ELITE ] ]
    ##]
    #]
    ]

As you see in the example above ive made the Agrarian Revolution to give me 5 Field Marshals with 3 horse howitzers 1 dragoon and 2 elites when ive completed the simple task of building one land trade route without any other resoruce outlay.

E.g 2
    .ENCICLOPEDIA
    [
    #.TURNOS 0 #5

#.REQUISITOS
    [
    ##.RIQUEZAS [ .DINERO 5000 .MAT_PRIMAS 2500 .POBLACION 1500]
    ##.RUTAS_TERRESTRES [ .ENLACES [ CAP_CASTILLA CAP_E_PAPALES ] ]
    ##.RUTAS_MARITIMAS [ .ENLACES [ PUE_EGIPTO PUE_GRECIA ] ]
    ##.EDIFICIOS [ UNIVERSIDAD ]
    #]

#.RECOMPENSAS
    #[
    ##.INCREMENTO_PRODUCCION [ .TURNOS 24 .MULTIPLICADOR_CIENCIA 6 ]
    #]
    ]

Argh, it dint retain the script format. pretend # = space its the only way to get the format on the forum
    In this example ive taken the Encyclopaedia Quest and added a university to be built as well as incresed the cash needed and also added the need for population and raw mats to be needed. The bottom line indicated how many turns the quest is avtivated for in this case 24 (2 yrs) and it mutiplies the research output by 6.

you can find all translated quest subjects and buildings and troop names in C:\Program Files\Pyro Studios\Imperial Glory\texto\english\Management.

Building outputs -
    Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion\Reglas - DefReglasEdificios

this file deals with the output the builds give in a percentage.

DINERO - cash
    MATERIAS_PRIMAS - Raw Materials
    COMIDA - Resarch
    POBLACION - Population

Increasing them to silly numbers will take the fun out of the game, but its good to see population boom every now and again .. The rest of the file (CONSULADO -> INFRAESTRUCTURAS)
    deals with the bonus given by building the buildings in a nuteral country. so setting them to 0 will give you now bonus and will stem the tide of peacefull anxeation by the ai The next part of the file deals with the maximun capacity of barracks, elite down to basic.
    And the last is about the bank

Starting Fleet -
    Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion - dbgDefFlotasIniciales

In this file you can modifly the starting fleet of any nation. All you have to do is follow the script format laid out in the.
    you can find the province names in Imperial Glory\texto\english\Management TextDescripcionesProvincias

AI battle tactics -
    Imperial Glory\Game\LuaScripts\IA_Batalla
    These are Lua scripts and are easy to understand why .. Because there all in english . So i wont bore you with the translations or what this does and what that does you can read cant yas
    Key Mapping

file root - Teclas /standard

The keys are easy to understand so i wont bore you with em

Camra modding

Originally Posted by eastcoasthandle
    You can increase the height of the camera on the battlefield and map by editing files in:
    data.pak\Game\GameModes\Batalla\camera.sb (battlefield)
    data.pak\Game\GameModes\Gestion\camera.sb (Map)

within the camera.sb file you will find
    # altura de la camara
    .ZOOM_BASE_HEIGHT 3200.0 # altura inicial de la camara, con zoom = 0
    .ZOOM_VAR_HEIGHT 2500.0 # variacion de altura por nivel de zoom
    .MIN_HEIGHT 700.0 # altura minima absoluta

# distancia al target
    .ZOOM_BASE_TARGET_DIST 3000.0 # distancia al target con zoom = 0 (cm)
    .ZOOM_VAR_TARGET_DIST 2000.0 # variacion de la distancia al target por nivel de zoom

In the sub directory for data.pak\Game\GameModes\Batalla\camera.sb (battlefield) the camera.sb file has this command at the bottom of the page:
    ENABLE_ROTATION TRUE
    If you switch it to FALSE you will not rotate the camera view in battle.

You want to increase zoom base height and zoom base target dist. If anyone else notices a better way let us know.

All compiled into one nice big post

Any wayz thats me done for a bit. Im also making a mod and writing scripts for some nifty stuff like flag transition from old union flag to the current union flag . Any comments are welcome .

Still no blood for us poor Americans, I see.

Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube
    Still no blood for us poor Americans, I see.
    canna please everyone eh .

Rite to settle it once and for all here it is.

Im English therfore dont have a copy of the American version of the game. Therefore i dont know where the blood was emmited from that copy. Blood is in the European version and its is nice.

Maybe if a yank could upload the files i could look into the blood for em, but unless i have the files i canna do nowt .

Unit stats
    Modifying the unit stats are in a .DT file and cannot at this time be modified as i canna decode the file to enable me to edit it.

Originally Posted by Yorkie
    canna please everyone eh .

Rite to settle it once and for all here it is.

Im English therfore dont have a copy of the American version of the game. Therefore i dont know where the blood was emmited from that copy. Blood is in the European version and its is nice.

Maybe if a yank could upload the files i could look into the blood for em, but unless i have the files i canna do nowt .

Unit stats
    Modifying the unit stats are in a .DT file and cannot at this time be modified as i canna decode the file to enable me to edit it.
    Surely there is an on/off toggle somewhere in your version? If you could just find where it is, a yank like myself could see about toggling it towards "On". Jaycw said it would be easy to mod.

Originally Posted by Gelatinous Cube
    Surely there is an on/off toggle somewhere in your version? If you could just find where it is, a yank like myself could see about toggling it towards "On". Jaycw said it would be easy to mod.
    Yeah it should be easy to mod, but i have not seen any references to it in the files i can mod. My only conclusion is that it is in the .DT file.

Originally Posted by Yorkie
    Yeah it should be easy to mod, but i have not seen any references to it in the files i can mod. My only conclusion is that it is in the .DT file.
    Ah.. the plot thickens.

How about those evil, evil corpses getting all dark? Some way to make them stay as light as when they were alive?

widescreen?

Which file must I change in order to get a 1920*1200 resolution and preferably higher FOV(field of view)? Does anyone have a suggestion? I would so much want to play it in full size!!!

Originally Posted by Tikkebo
    Which file must I change in order to get a 1920*1200 resolution and preferably higher FOV(field of view)? Does anyone have a suggestion? I would so much want to play it in full size!!!
    I dont think its possible to edit a file to increase the res fella

Is there any way to disable the timer, I specifically want this for multiplayer.
    Ta

Originally Posted by lokito
    Playing with Spain is possible.

I did not test other countries but I think it´s possible too.

----------------------

1.- Make a backup of DefModeloGestion.mng file. The file is in ...\Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes directory

2.- Dowload a HEX editor. I use WinHex, for example

3.- Edit DefModeloGestion.mng file with WinHex (don´t use notepad or another ASCII editor!!!!) and replace JUG_FRANCIA by JUG_ESPANYA and viceversa in the begining of the file.

4.- save

5.- make a backup of the following files in ......\Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion directory

defsInicialesJugadores.sb
    defsInicialesLocalEasy.sb
    defsInicialesLocalMedium.sb
    defsInicialesLocalHard.sb

6.- edit the following files with notepad in ......\Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion directory

defsInicialesJugadores.sb
    defsInicialesLocalEasy.sb
    defsInicialesLocalMedium.sb
    defsInicialesLocalHard.sb

and replace JUG_FRANCIA by JUG_ESPANYA and viceversa

7.- Make a backup of DefsBalanceoJugadores.sb file in ... \Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion\Balanceo

8.- edit DefsBalanceoJugadores.sb file in ... \Imperial Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion\Balanceo with notepad and and replace JUG_FRANCIA by JUG_ESPANYA and viceversa

----------------

The following steps are for text purpouses. The directory of the files involved depends of your language version. My version is Spanish so I have to edit the files in ... \Imperial Glory\texto\spanish\ directory

---------------

9.- make a backup of the following files:
    TextFlotasEspanya.sb
    TextFlotasFrancia.sb
    in ... \Imperial Glory\texto\spanish\Management\TextNombresFlotas directory

10.- rename TextFlotasEspanya.sb as TextFlotasEspanya-changeme.sb

11.- rename TextFlotasFrancia.sb as TextFlotasFrancia-changeme.sb

12.- edit TextFlotasEspanya-changeme.sb with notepad and replace JUG_ESPANYA by JUG_FRANCIA. Rename the file as TextFlotasFrancia.sb

13.- edit TextFlotasFrancia-change.sb with notepad and replace JUG_FRANCIA by JUG_ESPANYA. Rename the file as TextFlotasEspanya.sb

14.- Repeat steps 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13 for

TextOficialesFrancia.sb
    TextOficialesFrancia.sb

in ...\Imperial Glory\texto\spanish\Management\TextNombresOficiale s directory

15.- Make a backup of

TextHerederos.sb

in ...\Imperial Glory\texto\spanish\Management

16.- Replace JUG_FRANCIA by JUG_SPANYA and viceversa
    Just posted this, to add to this information. This should enable people to also achieve this with other countries as well, to alter the starting lot. I'm going to look into this, to see if its possible to actually enable more than 5 choices for playing, so instead of replacing France with Spain, adding Spain to the list.

First off great work Yorkie nice post.

I have some questions to ask i'm done editing my game files.
    What now do i have to put all folders back into data.pak or should the game work unzipped

Heres what i've changed I set anexation value to 50.0 default 5.0,set AI build prefences for each nation to not build militia and changed AI ship building % to 25%Sloop,35%Frigate,40%SoTL and i may have changed the price of a few units too

Originally Posted by Cpt.HooK
    What now do i have to put all folders back into data.pak or should the game work unzipped
    The game works unzipped (if you unzipped in the correct dir that is (the maps all go in the Imperial Glory dir)).

I must have done something wrong all i get is blackscreens i will try again this afternoon it would be much easyier if i were spanish

I've been wondering about this for a while. Is it possible to mod the game to increase the map size from Europe to a world map? If not, and if some dev is reading this, will an expansion pack be created that will feature a world map? It is after all the era of colonisation.

I've been wondering on that myself, because I'm thinking on a Civil War in America Mod, and from my understanding of Rise of Nations, if it uses a similar system to create the map, then it should be possible.

A major undertaking would be new maps of terrain wise, the actual Europe map, wouldn't be so hard. I expect if it is possible the first lot will be increasing the number of territories in Europe, but then comes Trade Routes and there needs...

Well, here are some initial things by me, on the whole I've just documented the *.sb [apart from one] and it just describing what each of the code pieces is on about, for those not Spanish, or in the mood to go to FreeTranslation websites.

Collected by Phillippe - 9th July 2005
    Although not useful if you want to completely alter the workings of the

game, these files below are basically to do with the Campaign map, and its

is the numbers and generally percentage figures of things. I'll be going

over some of it again and again to check the numbers, and see what you

can do. Unless I saw otherwise most things cannot be set above 100 or

below 0, and any # indicate that its a commet, so if this is over code as

such, it means that code isn't in use. Maybe I'll play around with this to find

out what effects this has on a later date.

Towards commented code, I've not described them in my findings, so just

follow the names, which I've inputted for ease of use.

====================================================

Commercial Trade [33%, 66%, 100%]

C:\Program Files\Pyro Studios\Imperial

Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion\Reglas\DefReglasComercio.sb

Though some study have concluded that this file while not replacing

Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion\gestion/comercio\DefComercio.sb in

fact likely adds more factors onto it, including differences if its a Capital

City, use of Bonus's, such as Commercial Treaties used to improve

relations. It is also heavily commented compared to the already written

about .sb. However its modification is likely more deadly.

It appears its maximums are 225% although this may not be the case.

These seems less about trade but rather bonus's that can be applied, so

that 150% would be the amount again plus a half for the bonus, I'll be going

through this again to see what possible differences it makes. It in fact gets

extremely complicated, and I'm unsure how much use it has at present.

[NOTES; Este fichero está obsoleto. Usar el script

Gestion\Reglas\DefReglasComercio.sb and that doesn't need translation,

it means the Comercio is out of date, but may still have effect]

Money - Currency

Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion\Reglas\DefReglasEdificios.sb

.OFICINA_RECAUDACION, .DPTO_TESORO, .MINISTERIO_HACIENDA
    Percentage Increase towards Cash
    .ASERRADERO, .MINAS_PROFUNDIDAD, .ALTOS_HORNOS
    Percentage Increase towards Materials
    .ALMACEN_VIVERES, .REGADIOS, .MINISTERIO_AGRICULTURA
    Percentage Increase towards Food
    .HOSPITAL_LOCAL, .HOSPITAL_MODERNO, .CASA_ALISTAMIENTO
    Percentage Increase towards Poulation
    .ESCUELA_BASICA, .LICEO, .UNIVERSIDAD
    Percentage Increase towards Scientific Points [research points]

.CONSULADO, .PERIODICO, .CTO_CULTURAL, .BOLETIN_ARMADA,
    .INFRAESTRUCTURAS, .COMISARIA
    6th and onwards are very nice, dealing with the amount of points

generated towards Annex through buildings, including initial and by turn.

Consulate also needed to begin Annex system.

.COMISARIA
    War Annex and its percentage may likely be based on some strength to

determine time to Annex Country.

.CUARTEL_ELITE, .CUARTEL_AVANZADO, .CUARTEL_BASICO
    Spaces provided for troops to be housed in, working in reverse order

from how you build them.

.BANCO
    Must be a maximum of sometype, now I believe this to be of Troops.

Scoring - Playwise

Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion\Reglas\DefReglasPuntuaciones.sb

This simply deals with the amount of points awarded to a player, including

Ai for doing a something within the game, beyond altering these I can't

think how you'd add to them. The Victoria is dealing with the final game,

and where you appear on it, describing the points needed to reach a

certain level, and then activiting the correct text name and description, to

which I'll find to allow you to alter this as well.

Information on Combat Experience

Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion\Reglas\DefReglasPuntuaciones.sb

.INC_EXP_COMBATES_TIERRA
    First things are just experienced gained depending on the fight, be it

normal, average or difficult, and for fleeing. [Likely to be on land]

.INC_EXP_COMBATES_MAR
    Second are just these but for a Sea Battle.

The wierd comment crap is actually just the mathematics behind how it

works out whether it was a difficult fight, average fight or normal fight.

Therefore, if Army A [generally you] divided by Army B [enemy] = C,
    and R = your Rank coming into the Battle.
    If C > 1 + R, then its easy for the player A,
    If C < 1 - R, then its difficult for the player A,
    If C >= 1 - R or C <= 1 + R then its neither easy or hard for either player,

.RANGO_DIFICULTAD_COMBATE
    Range I believe is 0.3, this is what you alter on the combat scale, though

god knows what happens when you do.

.EXP_RANGOS_MANDOS
    Then we move to stuff on Generals and what each needs to become the

next level, these altered make it easier to gain a rank or harder as you

wish.

.INC_MORAL_MANDOS 1
    Next is a tiny piece on moral earned from battle, simply set at 1, hard to

deal what you could do with this, maybe setting higher would improve

moral, but what levels it can input/output/process...

.EXP_RANGOS_BATALLON
    Then we move onto the units themselves and upgrading their levels of

experience so that they become better soldiers, again alter as you wish.

.EXP_CALIDAD_TRIPULACION
    Believe the next is just set on Naval info.

.CAPTURAS_POR_HUIDA
    This deals with the likelihood of how many captures you'll make based on

flights and such from the enemy.
    .FACTOR_EXITO_HUIDA
    This is for units about how good they are at getting away, between 0-100,

the lower you set it the worse they are at escaping.
    .FACTOR_EXITO_PERSECUCION
    I think this deals with how good you are at catching enemy, so that higher

rates mean more likely to catch something.

.MODIFICADORES_PROBABILIDAD_EXITO_HUIDA_EJERCITO
    This wonderful thing is obviously the maths behind what will be captured

and not.

Positive values of course add to likelihood of capture while negatives

mean less likely. So first is [you own where they are fleeing to, second is

where you don't own the fleeing desination. Third is where its your

original area where battle was fought[IE they invaded you], and fourth is its

not your original area [IE you invaded them].]

.EMBOSCADA
    This deals with ambushes of enemy units and it likely is between 0 - 100 as

well. I believe its probability set, so that you have a starting rate of 25%

and that the minimum units killed is 5% or 45%.

.TRATAMIENTO_PRISIONEROS
    This deals with your treatment of the prisoners, but be careful on how

much you change this, i think its based per person, so if you execute

them, its -0.009 on global opinion per ONE. and as is banishing them 0.007,

while exile is Total captured with 0.5 difference likely meaning this one is

just standard, you get 0.5 added globally for being a nice guy.

Technologies and Percentages For Plunder [seems basic a Misc selection]

Glory\Game\GameModes\Gestion\Reglas\DefReglasTecnologias.sb

These are all Technology based increases, which likely are from

researching these technologies, this is only how to alter their levels, not

their names or descriptions

.REPRESION
    Percentage in reduction towards Military Annex

.MECENAZGO, .ILUSTRACION
    Percentage of increase in production of Scientific Points in a Country

.CATASTRO, .CAPITALISMO
    Percentage of increase in production of Gold [maybe global?]

.SINDICALISMO, .REVOLUCION_INDUSTRIAL
    Percentage of increase in production of materials [maybe global?]

.DIEZMO, .PREFECTURA
    Percentage of increase in production of food [maybe Global?]

.PROTECCIONISMO, .LIBERALISMO
    Percentage of increase in the commercial trade routes [internal/external?]

.CUERPO_VOLUNTARIOS [this'll no doubt be the name of the Technology]
    .PORCENTAJE_REDUCCION_DINERO
    Percentage in price reduction for Units.
    .PORCENTAJE_REDUCCION_MAT_PRIMAS
    Percentage in commodities reduction for Ships.
    .PORCENTAJE_REDUCCION_POBLACION
    Percentage in population reduction for Units

.NACIONALISMO [this'll no doubt be the name of the Technology, arrr]
    .PORCENTAJE_REDUCCION_DINERO
    Percentage in price reduction for Units.
    .PORCENTAJE_REDUCCION_MAT_PRIMAS
    Percentage in commodities reduction for Ships.
    .PORCENTAJE_REDUCCION_POBLACION
    Percentage in population reduction for Units

.RECLUTAMIENTO_FORZOSO
    .TURNOS_ESPERA
    Seems to describe turns for activation, maybe the wait to use it.
    .TURNOS_ACTIVO
    How long it seems to last turn wise, from activation
    .PORCENTAJE_AHORRO
    How much percentage you save on cost of troops

.INSTRUCCION_OFICIALES
    Percentage of the Units held by the "caballeria" [Military Buildings or

Generals?]

.INFRAESTRUCTURA_NAVAL, .ORGANIZACION_NAVAL, .ARMADA_MODERNA
    Number of ships held at a port [concluding that this likely means how many

ships the port can hold

.CONTRABANDO
    How much trade from blocked routes, on land routes.

.PIRATERIA
    How much trade from blocked routes, on sea routes.

.MANIOBRAS_MILITARES
    .EXP_INICIAL
    Initial experience of troops created
    .MEJORA_RESISTENCIA_CUERPO_A_CUERPO
    Improvement of resistance of troops (Hand to hand combat)
    .MEJORA_DANYO_DIST_FUSILES
    Improvement of damage done by Ranged Firing (Rifles)

.MANIOBRAS_NAVALES
    .EXP_INICIAL
    Initial experience of ships created (you know, their crews!)

.MANIOBRAS_NACIONALES
    .EXP_INICIAL
    Initial Experience of troops recruited (Experienced Rank)
    .MEJORA_AREA_DANYO_ARTILLERIA
    Improvement to area of fire from Cannons
    .MEJORA_RESISTENCIA_ARTILLERIA
    Improvement in resistance to Cannon Fire

.ALTO_MANDO
    .MEJORA_DANYO_CUERPO_A_CUERPO
    Something about improvement of "danyo" body to body, could mean

energy of the unit?
    .MEJORA_DANYO_CARGA
    Improvement to the cargo held by "Caballeria" [Building...]

Any idea about how can we give a nation the same privileggies that empires have?

The mod that let's you play with Spain instead of France has the problem that some of the actions that you can do with current empires don't work on Spain.

i.e. After getting the technology to promote captains to coronels you can't build the building so altough your captains have much experience, they never promote.

I don't know what files should I change.

Does anyone know how to modify Dictatorships so that they don't kill the royal family, and that arranged marriages can still be performed?

Edit: Also, I haven't tried unzipping that big data.pak file since it takes a lot of resources, but I've a question for those that do. Does data.pak really compress the files, or is it more of a consolidation? I'm wondering, because I'd prefer to play with the files extracted for easy modification, but only if the extracted version isn't dramatically larger. Is it the same size, or much larger?

It'll increase the size slightly, but the bigger problem is that there is a longer loading time between maps and such, but if your willing to work with that its pretty useful in that format.

Originally Posted by Emperor of the French
    Also, I haven't tried unzipping that big data.pak file since it takes a lot of resources, but I've a question for those that do. Does data.pak really compress the files, or is it more of a consolidation? I'm wondering, because I'd prefer to play with the files extracted for easy modification, but only if the extracted version isn't dramatically larger. Is it the same size, or much larger?
    Yes, it's compressed, like a .ZIP file is. Once uncompressed, the resulting folder structure is about double in size (2.4GB) versus the .pak file (1.2GB). The .pak file is basically a .RAR compressed file (uncompressed with WinRAR). Change the .PAK extension to .RAR, then uncompress using WinRAR. Uncompress in place, i.e., "Extract to Here"".

http://www.rarlab.com/index.htm

TT

Page 1 of 3 123 Last