Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Official Intel Fix available/application can't be initialized

Official Intel Fix available/application can't be initialized

Official Intel Fix available/application can't be initialized

Official Intel Fix

Download this file, and uncompress the executable on top of current installation. This should address the issue of Intel Graphics Chipsets not being able to start the game.

It is not a full game patch. That is still to come.

Don't know of it can be of help but mirrored it and made it a news post on our site.

Mirror of intel fix

Nice one Jason.

You too @m. You'll be in charge for just yourself for another 2 (hopefully less, maximum 3) weeks. I'll be back in business then and get the FAQ updated, etc, etc. This forum is overcrowded with stickied threads at the moment.

I get this error when I click on it. "Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc in drive ?:."

I have the original disc in the drive it says Imperial Glory Disc 01.

I tried taking it out and putting it back in and then clicking retry but still says that.

Just to make sure I did everything right, I downloaded the .rar thing. Then I clicked extract, I chose C: then Program Files, then Pyro, then Imperial Glory. And I put it in that folder, then it says do you want to replace and I clicked yes.

I thought I did everything right.

Originally Posted by Sieur_Drewry
    I get this error when I click on it. "Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc in drive ?:."

I have the original disc in the drive it says Imperial Glory Disc 01.

I tried taking it out and putting it back in and then clicking retry but still says that.

Just to make sure I did everything right, I downloaded the .rar thing. Then I clicked extract, I chose C: then Program Files, then Pyro, then Imperial Glory. And I put it in that folder, then it says do you want to replace and I clicked yes.

I thought I did everything right.
    Send me your analysis log (making sure you have the original disc in your drive etc) to discanalysis@eidos.co.uk (give your username in the subject so i know its you)

When I click launch analysis it says the same exact thing. but it stil save an analyiss log so ill send it.

oh and jay is there anyway I can chat with you? I need to talk to you about some things.

Ok, now I am the computer newbie. How do you "uncompress" a .rar file? I've never heard of an .rar file. The computer won't give me the option to extract or uncompress the file. Thanks and sorry for the newbi-ness.

Originally Posted by sick
    thanks! guess I win the "duh" award today.

One more question, does this "official" fix do better with framerates than the unofficial work-around? In other words, do you still see the slowdown people reported on the unofficial work-around? Thanks.

Originally Posted by sieve
    thanks! guess I win the "duh" award today.

One more question, does this "official" fix do better with framerates than the unofficial work-around? In other words, do you still see the slowdown people reported on the unofficial work-around? Thanks.
    Yes the official fix is faster then using the 3rd party fix as its not having to process 2 programs at once etc

help

the quick fix doesnt work for me. it still says it cannot be initliazed. if anyone could help it would be a big help by the way im loading it on my laptop and writing this on my moms computer (it wont load on my moms either)

Originally Posted by mongoose8
    the quick fix doesnt work for me. it still says it cannot be initliazed. if anyone could help it would be a big help by the way im loading it on my laptop and writing this on my moms computer (it wont load on my moms either)
    What graphics chipset is your laptop running?

im pretty computer illiterate...if i understand what you are asking it has a intel pentium 3

wait....i dont know where it tells you what kind

click start/run type in dxdiag + enter, choose the display tab and it will tell you which graphic card model you have.

chip type or driver type?

my chip is radeon ATI mobility m6

my chip is radeon ATI mobility m6
    Laptop and drivers are fiddly you will almost certainly need to update your drivers, somehow. Without knowing make/model of your laptop i cant help u much more. Is it a branded laptop?

what does branded mean?

it is a Dell Professonal

it is a Dell Professonal
    Can u tell me the exact make/model number, its probably a sticker on the laptop itself

i think a Latitude c510/c610

I hate to be the village idiot but i have the error message too (i have an intel chip) so i was wondering if you could guide me through the process, for example where to download the file to (what directory etc) I'm pretty computer illterate.

Any help would be greatly apptreciated

Mike

Originally Posted by nicmicbaz
    I hate to be the village idiot but i have the error message too (i have an intel chip) so i was wondering if you could guide me through the process, for example where to download the file to (what directory etc) I'm pretty computer illterate.

Any help would be greatly apptreciated

Mike
    Select the link at the very top of the page, this will download the compressed file (rar file) with the updated exe within it.

You will need winrar to uncompress it (available from www.rarsoft.com for free evaluation)

You simply copy the exe contained in the rar file on top of your current installed imperialglory.exe file (it will ask if you wish to overwrite if you are doing it correctly)

Page 1 of 3 123 Last