Thread: Where is the Pause Button?

Where is the Pause Button?

Where is the Pause Button?

Hello, bought Startopia the other day since I needed a game to relax and I thought it looked so soft.

Question is, how do I pause the thing? I always pause build games (and most other games too) in order to decide on strategy, layout and design. If I can't ponder if my berth is going to be five or seven segments long for twenty minutes, the game is going to stress me to death. So please, don't tell me it's impossible!

And yeah, the game frequently crashes to reboot, even though I've installed the 1.01 Patch. Can only run when internet and firewall is disabled, but still that isn't foolproof.

A really nice game in all other respects.

Welcome to Waystation Zeta Plural,

Have you tried the Pause/Break button? Its usually above Page Up.

Actually, I had not.

In fact, I haven't used it for my entire life... Thanks, I'm so relieved.

Not that it matters currently though. It appears my game works okay the session I install it, but if I reboot the computer and have a saved game it ceases to function. One usually gets to see a part of the load screen and then it crashes and the computer reboots.

Should one install the 1.01b Patch as well? I thought it only added some form of shadowing, hence potentially making the game even more unstable. For some reason, the link from here only produces a blank page.

Try the StarTopia Post.

--
    Overmind
    Yetucyun Guild Development Team

Originally Posted by 12th Corridor
    Should one install the 1.01b Patch as well? I thought it only added some form of shadowing, hence potentially making the game even more unstable.
    You do certainly want the 1.01b patch. It is the 1.02 patch that is just some graphical fun and games - I don't recommend it to anyone wanting to actually play the game. But the 1.01b patch is strongly advised - it's official, it got lots of testing, it fixes a bunch of things (though multiplayer is still broken, sadly). Both are available here: http://www.eelpi.gotdns.org/startopia/startopia.html

ToMF.