Thread: Angela Lansbury to be voice of Lara?

Angela Lansbury to be voice of Lara?

tombraidercentral.net is reporting that Toby Gard has said that Angela Landsbury will be the new voice of Lara Croft.

Ben, do you have a link to the source of this news? Unless you interviewed Toby Gard yourself, of course....

Who's that? I've never heard of her. Well let's just hope that she can do a great Lara Croft impression!

Big Grin

If the game is all a flashback of an older Lara, she'd be good as the narrator. But otherwise, buttery though it is, her voice is surely too mature.

Quote Originally Posted by Klerik of Kaos
    Who's that? I've never heard of her. Well let's just hope that she can do a great Lara Croft impression!

Ever hear of a tv show called, "Murder She Wrote"?.

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity34
    Ever hear of a tv show called, "Murder She Wrote"?.
    Since that was off the air by the time Kleric with a K was born.....

I've heard of it before but I don't think I've ever watched it.

How about 'Mrs. Potts' from Beauty and the Beast?

Hey, this thread is stealing my joke!!!!

(oh well, imitation is the sincerist form of flattery, I guess.)

EDIT-- Ah, jeez... I see somebody took my joke and posted it as an actual rumor on tombraidercenter.net. And to think, I almost pretended that Danny Devito would be the voice. I wonder if they would have believed that, too?

No i took Managars post in another thread to be real!

LMFAO!!!!!

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by MissLara2U
    LMFAO!!!!!

What a lovely lady. I love her old b/w movies.

As I said, I think that if the game is all a flashback of an older Lara, she'd be good as the narrator. Julie Andrews would also do, she was great as the Mom in Shrek2, hehehe

Angela is one of our best exports. She lives in the U.S. now, but I remember her in The Company Of Wolves and Murder She Wrote.

Thats's totally insane. I like the actot but she is just simply to old to voice Lara Croft.

It's Just mad.

Thumbs Up

I liked a lot of her work, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Miss Marple, The Manchurian Candidate, but I can't remember the names of all the b/w movies she made that I enjoyed seeing her in on Saturday mornings.

Nice joke Toby

Info on Angela: http://www.angelalansbury.net/home.html

Ok, I have to clear up this joke. I made up that interview as a joke in another thread in which we were discussing possible voice actors. Toby never said anything about Angela Lansbury being Lara's voice. I never expected anyone to actually believe it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mangar The Dark
    Ok, I have to clear up this joke. I made up that interview as a joke in another thread in which we were discussing possible voice actors. Toby never said anything about Angela Lansbury being Lara's voice. I never expected anyone to actually believe it!!
    LMFAO!!! *shakes fist*

Oooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmgggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!

I knew it was a cruel joke ......

.... but on a side note. If anyone IS interseted in Angela Lansbury movies I'd HIGHLY recommend 'GASLIGHT.'

And you will see she was and still is (for 80ish years of age) a beautiful woman.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by knightgames
    .... but on a side note. If anyone IS interseted in Angela Lansbury movies I'd HIGHLY recommend 'GASLIGHT.'

And you will see she was and still is (for 80ish years of age) a beautiful woman.
    THAT'S the movie I was trying to remember the name of!! Thanks knightgames!

Quote Originally Posted by Mangar The Dark
    What makes you think we believed it?

You're very welcome CatSuit&Ponytail

Good movie isn't it?

Big Grin

I don't see how anyone who knew who Angela is could have believed it for a second, at least not as a young Lara as we have seen in Legend so far.

Yes, knightgames, I really enjoyed it, but it has been too long since I have seen it!

Red Face (Embarrassed)

I know the whole thought of Angela voicing Lara was ridiculous, but Mangar The Dark had me fooled for a second.

Smile

LOL! I really thought Angela Landsbury was doing Lara's voice!
    Most of us have no warning before we go..."Mind that bus!! What Bus??..Splat.....*Arnold J. Rimmer*