Thread: Kain's Family Crest - stuck?

Kain's Family Crest - stuck?

I am playing this game for the first time on the PS/2 console system. I am now at the point where Raziel just got Kain's family crest. I had to glide to a pilar in the previous room, shift to spectral realm, and then glide again to the next room and used the conduit to go back to the material realm and got the shield. Now what? I can climb up to the ledge around this room and there is a door with a dark orb glowing. I have tried using the dark reaver but nothing happens, the regular reaver doesn't do anything either.

So I jump back down to the bottom and walk thru the broken gate and up the hall to the room with a statue of (I am assuming) Kain's head. There is a door there, but when I try to open it, Raziel looks like he tries to open it then just bounces back - the door does not open.

When I was in the room with the pilars where I had to glide, there was another door (I think its the other side of this door) and it did the same thing in that room.

I got stuck in the cemetary yesterday in the spectral realm with no conduit out and could not find anything else, so I had to load a previously saved game today and finally got this far...I just hope there is an easy way out and that this game doesn't continue to be full of this kind of surprise...

Thanks!

You need the Light Reaver to use on the orb. Don't worry you'll get it soon. I know where you're on about but I'm not 100% on how to get out. All know is that you will find a room with the gargoyles in it, they will stop you moving on so you'll have to fully carge the Dark Reaver and use the invisible mode to move on. Check out the help thread on this forum, it can prob help you out

I have obtained the dark reaver, because he said that now the temple of light should open up to him. After I got the reaver charged for darkness, I then went back and went thru both sets of gargoyles on my way to where I am at...now I have gone in and obtained the crest, and just cannot get out of the room where I got the crest from

Should I have obtained both the dark and the light reaver before I went in and grabbed Kain's family crest? It looks to me like I may need a light reaver to get out of the room where I got the crest, but I have not obtained it yet. (Is it even possible to get stuck like that in this game, I thought it was playing out fairly chronologically in the way that I have been encountering stuff).

I finally made it out - I had to stand at the door that he was just "bouncing" at when I would try to open it, and I had to shift camera angle away from him and keep hitting the door open button - eventually it shifted me thru the door to where I needed to be, and it seems ok now.

Quote Originally Posted by utaeladil
    I finally made it out - I had to stand at the door that he was just "bouncing" at when I would try to open it, and I had to shift camera angle away from him and keep hitting the door open button - eventually it shifted me thru the door to where I needed to be, and it seems ok now.
    Wow, you just found an interesting bugg. The door would have opened if you had rotated Kain's bust. (Square button, I think)