View Poll Results: Who do you thin kwill be Lara crofts resurected nemisis in Legend?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Natla

3 20.00%
  • Larson and/or Pierre

2 13.33%
  • Werner Von Croy

0 0%
  • other/dont care/dont wanna know

10 66.67%

Thread: Legend nemesis?.....??

Legend nemesis?.....??

Quote from tombraider.com
    Travelling to several continents in search of a mystical artifact, Lara Croft is pitted against corrupt forces led by a figure from her past...long thought dead
    Ok, no i'm not looking for a spoiler but who do you think this myterious new boss is?

personally i expect it to be Natala

Yeah, we all sort of expected Natla, but according to the E3 interview with one of the developers, it won't be Natla, but another female from Lara's past (implication was this individual hasn't been in a game before, but somehow relates to Lara's early on crash in the Himilayas). Another male rival/nemesis was spoken of, this one apparently entirely new.

The interview is linkable from one of Miss Lara 2 U or Trinity 34's threads, forget which found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Shake
    [b]personally i expect it to be Natala
    Noope! You're wrong. Trinity34 (a member of this forum) attended E3 and she discovered that Natla will not be the enemy Lara will encounter in TR: Legend. Happy guessing!

Quote Originally Posted by John Carter
    Yeah, we all sort of expected Natla, but according to the E3 interview with one of the developers, it won't be Natla, but another female from Lara's past (implication was this individual hasn't been in a game before, but somehow relates to Lara's early on crash in the Himilayas). Another male rival/nemesis was spoken of, this one apparently entirely new.

The interview is linkable from one of Miss Lara 2 U or Trinity 34's threads, forget which found it.
    That's basically what I had already read too, so I voted for the last option.

Well we now all know its not Natla, has anyone considered it might be her mother

Thats an interesting thought.. but I thought her parents disowned her when she would not marry what's his name.... Lord something or other.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity34
    Thats an interesting thought.. but I thought her parents disowned her when she would not marry what's his name.... Lord something or other.
    The Earl of Farringdon. Not to be confused with Earl Farrington of Earl's Gas Station and Fish on a Stick Shack.

Wink

History would show Lara is the daughter of Lord Henshingly Croft
    and that on her way home from a skiing trip her chartered plane
    had crashed deep in the Himalayas, she was the only survivor.

Ok if there is another person here that then comes back in Legend
    that person must have been a skiing partner, leaving before the crash
    or perhaps the plane landed close to where this mystery person lived
    The only other clue is two weeks later she walked into the
    village of Tokakeriby from TR1 liner notes.

Viewing the intro to TR1 there are but three people other than Lara
    Larson Natla and Lara's guide who dies from the wolves opening the
    tomb. However the guide is carrying a large haversack
    could there be a child in there ???? Lara disgards the coat she is
    wearing above the tomb entrance and appears unlikely to then proceed
    into the tomb if another life was in the haversack.. although she may
    have known of Von Croy it appears unlikely she would have any
    bad intent on him or relations at that time.

So I think if its anyone, most likely is a relation of Von Croy
    hidden in the haversack which is possibly Von Croys daughter
    then just a baby. .... do I win a trip or something ???????

Cheers / Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Daly

although she may
    have known of Von Croy it appears unlikely she would have any
    bad intent on him or relations at that time.

So I think if its anyone, most likely is a relation of Von Croy
    hidden in the haversack which is possibly Von Croys daughter
    then just a baby. .... do I win a trip or something ???????

Cheers / Chris
    I like your thoery... but Lara knew Von Croy well when she was a child - think back to the start of TR4, my question is, when did Von Croy escape the chamber where the Iris originally was? Hence is it possible that he had a child in TR1? And why would a guide be carrying Von Croy's child in a backpack and how could Lara not know it was there?

Smile

Dear Mum
    Yes quite true Von Croy trains Lara as a child in TR4 and following the
    Iris in TR4 ,is next seen at the end of TR4 where Lara is left in the tomb

He then turns up in a few FMV's in Chronicles where he tries to
    get rid of Lara , he then is seen as a younger Von Croy at the end of Chronicles roaming the desert with an assistant not unlike the one in TR1, and the time sequence might suit, but then again this looks like the
    end of TR4 continuing on.

It could be that Von Croys daughter was in the haversack at the
    beginning of TR1 -lets put a few warm blankets and a beanie and
    some baby food too in there for everyones comfort
    ( despite what she might then evolve into )
    -but hidden from Lara's view, and the story could continue that
    the baby Von Croy was found a number of hours later possibly
    by Von Croy himself following Laras footsteps when the guide
    didnt return.

Cheers / Chris

I'm glad that they're going back to the whole skiing trip / plane crash idea. I always felt they could have made a cool Tomb Raider Prequel by letting us play that adventure, so this game sounds like a cool alternative to that idea.

As for who the enemy will be... I have no clue. I think they'll stay away from the Von Croy stuff, though. First of all, he's a character that came along after Toby Gard had nothing to do with the series, and we've already seen him in three games, so it's time for someone different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangar The Dark
    I think they'll stay away from the Von Croy stuff, though. First of all, he's a character that came along after Toby Gard had nothing to do with the series
    Good point

Sophia, please! she was such a @#$%&!!!

Quote Originally Posted by .chio.
    But shes's dead, burnt to ashes actually.

Yeah, she was such a good villian, pity she died

but she did had some kind of supernatural powers , she could be back somehow well I had quite a good time fighting her, but it's finally over

It's the tomatoe zombie abomination thing from TR1...
    It'll be a non-speaking enemy.

but she did had some kind of supernatural powers , she could be back somehow well I had quite a good time fighting her, but it's finally over
    Yeah, she was immortal, remember the undead guys underground who Lara had to find the embalming fluid for.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Bones
    It's the tomatoe zombie abomination thing from TR1...
    It'll be a non-speaking enemy.
    Nice one

How annoying is this message:
    The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:
    Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 60 seconds.

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I love the Tomb Raider Series. I never played it from 1, but I did play 2-6. Now, on to the poll.

I don't think that it can be Von Croy because you see him being killed by "The Monstrum"
    in one of the many flashback cutscenes that Lara has, when she slowly begins to regain memory on what had happened that night...

I'm a bit confused, isn't Sophia that chick you had to kill in the third game? And, if anyone has ever played Tomb Raider Gold for the PC, what is the name of that lady with the blonde hair? Unless I have the names mixed up, I think that was Natala or however you spell her name. Even though Lara supposedly killed her, she could still come back to life!

But I know for a fact that Von Croy is not coming back. Unless he comes back as a spirit or a zombie (but this isn't Resident Evil lol), then there's no way that we will se Von Croy... Not for a good while.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Klerik of Kaos
    I don't think that it can be Von Croy because you see him being killed by "The Monstrum"
    Crystal Dynamics has totally scrapped the storyline of Angel of Darkness. And I remember listening to an E3 interview featuring one of the developers at Crystal Dynamics who stated the villain is a "she" and it will not be Natla. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny
    Crystal Dynamics has totally scrapped the storyline of Angel of Darkness. And I remember listening to an E3 interview featuring one of the developers at Crystal Dynamics who stated the villain is a "she" and it will not be Natla. Cheers.
    Oh that's cool! Well I wonder what creativities they will come up with. But I want to know something. What happened with Core? And why did they change. They were with eachother since the first one I think. I never played the first one so I wouldn't know about that but I know for a fact that they have been together since the second one so my guess is is that they have been to gether sicne the first one.

I went on the Tomb Raider official website and saw Crystal Dynamics... I was like "Ok. Who are these people?" Must be some new people. So does anyone know why Eidos and Core don't collaborate on the TR games anymore? Or is this just a one game thing?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...derBanner2.gif
    Tomb Raider is the leading lady of toughness!

i think its the trex, lol ,

Quote Originally Posted by Klerik of Kaos
    I went on the Tomb Raider official website and saw Crystal Dynamics... I was like "Ok. Who are these people?" Must be some new people. So does anyone know why Eidos and Core don't collaborate on the TR games anymore? Or is this just a one game thing?
    After the highly criticized and unfinished TR: Angel of Darkness was released to the public, Eidos believed the Tomb Raider franchise (the most valuable franchise in the company) needed to be rejuvenated because the series was beginning to get repetitive and boring. As a result, Eidos handed the Tomb Raider franchise to Crystal Dynamics (Legacy of Kain team), which will now be Lara's permanent home. And I must say that it was a wise choice of Eidos to hand Lara Croft to Crystal Dynamics...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny
    After the highly criticized and unfinished TR: Angel of Darkness was released to the public, Eidos believed the Tomb Raider franchise (the most valuable franchise in the company) needed to be rejuvenated because the series was beginning to get repetitive and boring. As a result, Eidos handed the Tomb Raider franchise to Crystal Dynamics, which will now be Lara's permanent home. And I must say that it was a wise choice of Eidos to hand Lara Croft to Crystal Dynamics...
    Oh ok thanks. I was confused. Yea, I think that it would be better too.... Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that Crysatl Dynamics made way better graphics than Core did, if they were the ones doing the graphics. If they were, Crystal Dynamics made Lara seem more like a real human than just some pixeled character... She looked smoth, but some of the graphics were still off... Making parts of her arm look cornered instead of rounded off like a regular arm... And her boobs were pointy, not, once again, rounded off like regular boobs.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...derBanner2.gif
    Tomb Raider is the leading lady of toughness!