Page 6 of 6 First First ... 23456

Thread: What happened to Groups?

What happened to Groups?

Originally Posted by Gravity
    So you mean that [Elyi Knecht] is right, while our community manager [Robert Peeler] is wrong?

Originally Posted by Robert Peeler

I can try to clarify:

The whole board is for discussing Square Enix, our games, products, etc.

There is no location on the board for discussing content not related to Square Enix, our games, products, etc. Please avoid these subjects in the future.

Follow his advice from now on to avoid further misunderstandings.

Actually it DID have something to do with Square Enix, their lack of group restoration. It's been almost 6 or more months since the groups were active and the team HAS STILL FAILED TO RESTORE THEM>

This is indeed the [General Discussion] forum.

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231...

[Looking for a place to talk about all things Square Enix? This forum is for you. Any general discussion on Square Enix titles, announcements, news and content goes here. If you want to focus your discussions on a particular title or series, then we urge you to look through the remaining title forums.

Remember to consider the opinions of others and keep all conversations civil and respectful. If you haven’t already, please read the official guidelines for the forum before posting.]
    SEE if you had just entered that before instead of fighting with us, this wouldn't have escalated like it has,

As I said, there is a message function. Use it.
    We aren't messaging every freaking user.

If off-topic discussions were allowed here on [SQUARE ENIX MEMBERS], the entire forum would end up a chaotic mess in the blink of an eye. This is an official forum provided by SQUARE ENIX. If you don't want to discuss the company or any of its titles, there are plenty of other places on the web where you can hold your discussions.

It is up to you to decide whether it's worth the time and effort to send everyone a message or not. However, I'd recommend you to avoid sending this particular kind of message to people not on your friends list since it can be considered spam.
    IT"S ONE FORUM!!!!! That isn't going to change anything!

This forum isn't going anywhere

You guys don't need to fight and argue over this issue. While what Gravity has said regarding the forum policy is true, no one minds if you guys want to share information about your personal efforts to get together. I recommend however you place it somewhere more personally associated to yourself, such as your MY PAGE biography, or even your forum signature--especially if its not related to a Square Enix Product or game, etc.

That way anyone who sees your posts will know and be aware of what fan groups and sites you've created and would like people to join! I'm all for the promotion of your groups and meetups.

There are a variety of reasons we don't allow off-topic posts on the forum, but reason #1 is to avoid arguments such as these, so please treat all members on this forum with the utmost respect regardless of the subject.

Regarding groups, unfortunately at this time we aren't ready to reinstate them, I understand it has been a long time. All I can do is ask for your continued patience.

I was just wondering, it's been quite a while since the site changed into this configuration, so does anyone know when, or even if, the groups are gonna return? I don't know if there's another thread that has talked about this recently, I don't usually check the general discussion threads, so any news about the groups or a link to where some info might be found would be greatly appreaciated.

No updates.

It's been forever since the site changed. Does anyone know if the groups will ever come back? I used the forum search tool to see if anything came up, but there wasn't anything even remotely helpful there. I really miss the freedom we had in the groups, where we didn't have to stay on any particular topic unless we really wanted to, and we could let our conversations wander into places from wonderful to weird and back again. Please, just tell me, should I keep on waiting for the groups to come back, or am I just wasting my time here? And if they're not coming back, then maybe someone should delete the groups tab on the profile pages, because that'd just be giving us false hope.

Originally Posted by Grimoire

No updates.

No updates yet, or no updates ever? There's a big difference.

Originally Posted by Grimoire

Judging by the Groups tab and the PRIVACY SETTINGS information ("Group Broadcasts Group owners and moderators may send out broadcast messages to members of their group. When you join a group, would you like to allow that group's owners and moderators to send you broadcast messages?

- Yes, I want to receive group broadcasts (default)

- No, please block group broadcasts"), the feature will return sooner or later.

Okay, thanks. I really hope they bring the groups back sooner, rather than later.

Page 6 of 6 First First ... 23456