Thread: Quick Battle Scenarios

Quick Battle Scenarios

Arrow Quick Battle Scenarios

Hi Guys,
    Please feel free to share your favorite scenarios for quick battles here. To make it easier for us to understand each other, please use the format below:

Name of the Battle

Text Description

Map Name

Objectives (total victory or capture of locations)

Opposing sides (who is attacker; who is defender)

Order of Battle for opposing armies
    (Be sure to include the experience level for each unit)

Options Selected
    (Tactical Maneuvers, Advanced Training, etc.)

BATTLE OF LIGNY, 16 JUNE 1815

INTRO:
    The Armee Du Nord, through brilliant maneuvering, has thrust itself between the Anglo-Allied and Prussian Armies. While Marshal Ney engaged the British to the west at Quatre Bras, Napoleon was poised to destroy the Prussians at Ligny. However, due to confused communications, expected French reinforcements never materialized, and what should have been a rout of the hapless Prussians turned into a pitched battle. Nonetheless, if the French can drive off the Prussian army here, they will be able to turn their full might against the isolated Anglo-Allied army to the west.

MAP SELECTION:
    Hanover(not the correct one geographically, I know, but the terrain matches Ligny)

OBJECTIVES:
    Capture Both Villages

EMPIRES:
    Attacker: France
    Defender: Prussia

ORDER OF BATTLE:

FRANCE:
    Armee Du Nord

Imperial Guard Corps
    Imperial Guard Unit(5 Stars)
    Imperial Guard Unit(3 Stars)

III Corps
    2 Fusilier units (2 Stars)
    1 Grenadier unit (2 Stars)
    1 unit 6-pounder artillery (4 Stars)

IV Corps
    2 Fusilier units (2 Stars)
    1 unit Dragoons (1 Star)

VI Corps
    3 Fusilier units (2 Stars)

Cavalry Corps
    1 Lancer unit (1 Star)
    1 Cuirassier unit (2 Stars)
    1 unit horse artillery (4 Stars)

Advanced Officer Training Selected
    Advanced Infantry Selected
    Tactical Maneuvers Selected

PRUSSIA
    Army Of The Lower Rhine

I Corps
    3 Musketeer units (2 Stars)
    1 Grenadier unit (2 Stars)
    1 Dragoon unit (2 Stars)
    2 units 6-pounder artillery (4 Stars)

II Corps
    3 Musketeer units (2 Stars)
    1 Uhlan unit (2 Stars)
    1 Hussar unit (2 Stars)

III Corps
    2 Grenzer units (1 Star)
    1 Hussar unit (2 Stars)

Advanced Officer Training Selected
    Advanced Infantry Selected
    Tactical Maneuvers Selected

The battle of Ligny which I have written here is by no means official or definitive. If you can do it better (which you probably can), please share it with us.

Originally Posted by mike_g
    The battle of Ligny which I have written here is by no means official or definitive. If you can do it better (which you probably can)

Thats not very nice.....

Don't understand. What's not very nice? I'm just acknowledging my own limitations as a gamer. I'm sure several of you in the community are far better than I.

no need to put yourself down.

Not too bad...I'd think there'd be some balance issues though! I presume you are talking about historical battles and not ideas for regular quick battles?

Until there is a way to have much larger battles, I don't suppose any attempt to model Wagram or Borodino would come anything close to the mark.

Originally Posted by Silent_Scope
    no need to put yourself down.

Just being honest. I'm good, especially at this sort of game, but I have found that the users are almost always able to come up with better stuff than me.
    "Happiness requires freedom, and freedom requires courage."

-Pericles

10. Originally Posted by ptan54
    Until there is a way to have much larger battles, I don't suppose any attempt to model Wagram or Borodino would come anything close to the mark.

Well, yes and no. You see, one must really look at the scale abstraction in the game. I won't debate whether or not they might need tweaking, for obvious reasons of my bias but we can agree that there is obviously some reduction in scale going on, yes? You see, look at the map of Waterloo for example. We know the distance between the villages on the map, so we can get a pretty good idea as to the map scale used in the game. Based on that, and the number of units involved, you can see that the units are roughly division-sized (look at their frontage when in line of battle). So, the biggest battle you could properly sim in Quick battle would be one involving about three infantry corps, plus a cavalry corps, with the attendant artillery units. That's a pretty fair sized battle, but for larger actions, I would recommend simulating parts of it. For example, (though it is the wrong time period and continent, it is a good example of this) the battle of Gettysburg. If you were to simulate the battle, you would probably do day 1 on the north side of town, day 2 at the Devil's Den, and day 3 at Cemetary Ridge. So, a similar solution could be applied to larger battles for IG I should think.

You think Wagram and Borodino are difficult, I've been working on Leipzig!

11. Originally Posted by Mongoose
    Not too bad...I'd think there'd be some balance issues though! I presume you are talking about historical battles and not ideas for regular quick battles?
    No, they can be any kind of quick battle. I figured that we could share our research and ideas. If someone wanted to do a historic or hypothetical battle that we did not cover in the game, they could possibly find how to do it here on the forum. So, we're not limited to historic ones. Whatever you want to make and share.

Glad you liked Ligny. Yes, I agree, there could be some balancing needed. I recommend going with no higher than medium A.I., as Marshal Blucher, while a great general, did not bring his 'A' game that day. And I recommend reducing all the cavalry down to 1 star and possibly an increase in Infantry efficiency.

If you've got any further ideas on that scenario (or others) lets discuss them and make adjustments to it.

piedmont

piedmont is very fun specially if your the defenders,

Ja, it's just fun to sit up at the village and take pot-shots at the attackers.
    Works especially well with 12 pounders as you can reach the Bridge and decimate them while they're crossing.

Originally Posted by EternalSlayer
    Ja, it's just fun to sit up at the village and take pot-shots at the attackers.
    Works especially well with 12 pounders as you can reach the Bridge and decimate them while they're crossing.
    LOL

The Last Invasion of Britain

In February 1797, a small force of 1,500 French soldiers led by William Tate, an adventurer from South Carolina, landed at Fishguard in Pembrokeshire. Knowing of this situation, Lord Cawdor from the east of the county marched to rescue. With his forces combined with Lieutenant Colonel Thomas Knox at Haverfordwest, he was placed in command to face the Frenchmen.

Map:Wales

Attacker: France

7 Grenadiers (1 star)
    7 Tirailleurs (1 star)
    4 French Militia (1 star)
    Total:1080

Advanced Officer Training

Defender: Great Britain
    3 Household Cavalry
    1 Lifeguard (2 stars)
    3 Light Infantry (2 stars)
    3 Line Infantry (2 stars)
    2 Black Guard (2 stars)
    Total:624

Advanced Officer Training
    Tactical Manoeuvres
    High Command

I cannot find a full description of the French troops, but it is clear that the discipline was a severe problem among them.

There was no battle, welsh women from the village had maqueraded and captured some frenchmen and the rest of the french force attempted to bargain to get them back, in the end i believe they retreated back to france

Sorry for offtopic, but how can I make for example "Line Infantry" to get more experience, I mean these stars, because in Quick Games they have only one star.

hi sigge,

You can select the experience level of your troops in the selection screen before you fight. Click on the experience icon (roughly in the centre of the screen) to choose more or less stars. It costs more per unit for the stars of course, but that pays dividends while playing.

hth

Thanks Lefebvre.

The Winter Harvest

{This is not a historic battle i just made it up }

The french army has defeated the russians on the Battle fields of Rusia and now have the oppertunity to finish the war. the grand general has sent some mixed units for your comeing battle and expects victory if you are fast to act you may surppise the opposition if not you may die with your men. This battle ditermins the war. Good luck and may god be with you.

Map:Kursk

Attack: French

2 Horse 12 Pounders [2]
    4 Fusiliers [2]
    4 Grenadiers [2]
    4 Imperial Guard [2]
    1 Cuirassiers [5]
    1 Lancers [4]
    1 Hussars [3]
    1 Grenadiers a Cheval [2]

Deffence: Russians

2 Hussars [3]
    4 Horse 12 Pounders [3]
    4 Jagers [4]
    6 Musketeers [3]
    2 Ismailovski Guard [5]

Name of the Battle
    Battle for southern Portugal
    Text Description
    Dispatched with a well trained but small army Sir Aurther Welsely is ordered to liberate Portugal from France. Marshal Soult is ordered to smash Welsley with a large but green army
    Map Name
    Algrave
    Objectives (total victory or capture of locations)
    TV
    Opposing sides (who is attacker; who is defender)
    England (A)vs France (D)
    Order of Battle for opposing armies
    England
    2 Rocket Batteries (3 star)
    3 Riflemen Regiments (4 star)
    3 Guards Regiments (3 stars)
    2 LifeGuards (1 star-best cav worse led)
    4 Line Infantry (4 star)
    France
    7 French Milita (1 star)
    5 Line men (1 star)
    1 howitzers (1 star)
    3 hussars (3 stars)
    2 guards (2 star)

Options Selected
    The one that gives double line to the brits and square to the french
    Field Marshal Rodger Berett
    Duke of Wycomb, British Army
    Commander of the Army,