Thread: Expansion Pack

Expansion Pack

Big Grin Expansion Pack

I know it is way too early to plan on an expansion pack to IG but it never hurts to get the ball rolling (since it takes so long to plan, produce etc.) I've noticied that many of the suggestions in the Patch thread are really good ideas that should be incorporated but not practical (or likely) to be incorporated into a patch. Anyway, so I thought that maybe we could organize ideas for an expansion pack here instead of putting it in the Patch thread. For example, while I love the idea of having a world map, the likelihood of that appearing in a patch is slim to none. That way, Pyro & Co have really good expansion ideas in one place and patch ideas (AI, balance and other patch issues) in another.

A mughal empire expansion?

That could get fairly intresting, beginning powers being Deccan(-dence), Mughals, Bengali, Viyajanagar, Persia

..even possibly as a mapextension.. naturally the suez channel has to be there then, historically a few decades early
    Either that, or a "scramble for africa", included aswell.

A Expansion that will add more Playable nation and with more random maps to battle

Maybe also they add American and it's nations (Mexico (under Spain occupation), USA(under English Occupation), Canada (under France Occupation) before Independency)

Also some non player Indian Territories for wars and to conquer etc

would be fun to see more expansions like adding Africa and following up Asia... just fixed battle maps .. but with different units... so no seperate african campaign but added to what there is allready

make it a downloadable expansion or so...

maybe some wheater effects which effecting the maps...

and a lot more fluff.... medics, drummers.... more wildlife.. officers... does not matter what aslong as it makes the overal feeling even better....

maybe add some years to the time line a tech 4 would be fun.....

there is just soo much you can do... and soo much too wish for.... just wait and someday... who knows

see RTW started with the beginning of civilized history while Ig is in napoleonic era the next era would be after that and i surely wouldnt want Ig to go back in time i hope a civil war american revolution game comes out and the whole war of 1812 it would be sweet so it benifits canada and US

Originally Posted by Cro_Knight
    see RTW started with the beginning of civilized history while Ig is in napoleonic era the next era would be after that and i surely wouldnt want Ig to go back in time i hope a civil war american revolution game comes out and the whole war of 1812 it would be sweet so it benifits canada and US
    i kno this is also goin backwards and the tiem around napoleonic era but it would atleast give us a global view or maybe we could see a global map where superpowers take colonies

I'd rather they stick with the Napoleonic era and focus on refining and improving the current game. Not a criticism of the game as is; just a belief that the have a great foundation here and I'd like to see them build on it. Like Paradox did with Europa Universalis 2.

Originally Posted by Queeg
    I'd rather they stick with the Napoleonic era and focus on refining and improving the current game. Not a criticism of the game as is; just a belief that the have a great foundation here and I'd like to see them build on it. Like Paradox did with Europa Universalis 2.
    Just that this required the IGC, by H.F., who was hired due to that wondorous mod!
    Without that, EU2 might neber have been.. and lets not forget Vicky.. or CK.. so death to all population units!
    Dammit, no individual people... or like 20 tops per huge empire.

Automated elegance and ease, with a bit flavour of govermental policy sliders, and maybe some slightly better colonisation. It cannot be right that neither spain nor portugal can afford even half the empire they are supposed to build.

In that sense, the colonisation of vicky was elegant.
    But i still curse the pops and overtly complicated economy... oil and gold thats worth nothing to anyone, cars noone can affors etc.

Exploration isnt half bad in EU2, but still. Maybe a bit less actual units, and more event:ness? But that remains to be fully argued.

An expansion unlocking all the smaller nations would definitely be very interesting. Quite frankly, I'm tired of the same old nations beating up on the same opponents... gimme control of a small nation, hey - I'd love to play Portugal! That would be a blast - challenging of course - but definitely refreshing.

I think the game remains interesting as long as you are not sure about your nation's future... anytime I play France, England, Austria, or any other major Nation - I know that i'll eventually win - it is inevitable.... don't take me wrong - I still have a blast playing it with these nations - and yes, they were the big players of the war - but, is it nearly as challenging?....

Anyways... all I'm suggesting is an expansion with the lesser powers... which by the way some were not so small as the game currently suggests. Using Portugal as an Example, it had very wealthy and resource rich colonies, including Brazil, East and West African colonies, as well as Asian colonies, a decent sized Navy and a nearly fanatical nationalist army. The same goes with Spain, which on top of it had one of the largest navies of the time.

Now, why are these nations ignored and not attributed their real clouts? For an upcoming expansion, please unlock all smaller states. A colonial expansion wouldn't be a bad idea either.

My 2 pennies,

Asper

I am sorry Asper, but thats history, so following the same nations is part and parcel of this game.

If you want change, then let it be in the nations to choose from, say Spain/Portugal/German states which there are a few allready.

Would like an editor with the game.

But I have not found a better game to play Napolionics on like this in ages.

Used to play this on wargames tables, but this is better, plus you have the navy to.

Originally Posted by Asper
    An expansion unlocking all the smaller nations would definitely be very interesting. Quite frankly, I'm tired of the same old nations beating up on the same opponents... gimme control of a small nation, hey - I'd love to play Portugal! That would be a blast - challenging of course - but definitely refreshing.

I think the game remains interesting as long as you are not sure about your nation's future... anytime I play France, England, Austria, or any other major Nation - I know that i'll eventually win - it is inevitable.... don't take me wrong - I still have a blast playing it with these nations - and yes, they were the big players of the war - but, is it nearly as challenging?....

Anyways... all I'm suggesting is an expansion with the lesser powers... which by the way some were not so small as the game currently suggests. Using Portugal as an Example, it had very wealthy and resource rich colonies, including Brazil, East and West African colonies, as well as Asian colonies, a decent sized Navy and a nearly fanatical nationalist army. The same goes with Spain, which on top of it had one of the largest navies of the time.

Now, why are these nations ignored and not attributed their real clouts? For an upcoming expansion, please unlock all smaller states. A colonial expansion wouldn't be a bad idea either.

My 2 pennies,

Asper

Having all the nations being playable would break the entire system. That's a ridiculous request. The way the game is set up you need to have large playable empires, and many many small unplayable annexable countries. Adding the Ottoman Empire or Spain as playable, or expanding the map to add one or two more great powers would be okay, as that wouldnt break the system.

But asking for all nations to be playable demonstrates a clear misunderstanding of how the game works and is played.

Rather than expansion in terms of other nations and time periods I would just prefer it if they enhance the original game. Give us bigger, more varied, armies to control with better tactical AI. Give us bigger maps with more difficult strategic positions to occupy (bigger forts, more of them and bigger towns and villages - not just a couple of bust up farmhouses representing a historical town or village ). A proper sea battle arena that does not have a ridiculoulsy small map (that was the most stupid thing they created ) Better in-game battle screen music! Is it just me or does the in-game battle music sound like the sort of background musak you used to get in supermarkets in the 1970s. My blood definately does not rise before a battle listening to music that my grandmother would have liked!

How would it break the system? Just because say Portugal is playable doesn't mean the other minor powers have to be prevented from being peacefully annexed, if one of the minor powers can't be annexed (because its under human control) it hardly breaks the system, I'm just not seeing the doomsday scenario.

World War I, a little far off but it could be cool

Originally Posted by elementgoo
    World War I, a little far off but it could be cool
    Especially the battles would be awesome. Whoever attacks, loses immediately...

Or as its in real time, both sides just sits down and a battle takes on average 18 days gaming time

WWI would surely be utterly boring to play. Sit in your trench, ooooh a barrage, better get moving, damn their machine gunners are awake, oh well back to the trench for a few months - YAWN

But under another format, like withoout battlemaps, just general orders.. and by requiring absolutely huge amounts of troops to completely fill out a border.... thereby allowing for sneakattacks behind the lines, sabotaging supplies etc ensuring that the other crumbles.

Also the public oppinion would demand attacks, refuse to and lose support, agree and lose troops.. eventually leading to death by attrition. OPne way or the other.

But also fluidty where the trenches can be circumvented.. sneaky shiplandings to kill enemy supply....
    Afterall, ill be damned if any empire can really protect all 3000+ miles of borders with trenches and machine guns.

So with tens of thousands of provinces.. france alone would be around 900 (30*30), making sure that you cannot possibly cover it all. Public oppinion, and supply hell along with naval sneaks, it could all be a pretty dynamic game.

But thats a whole new engine, and a whole new map. Hexes? -could work
    Not to mention a political system that would be fairly unique.

Heck man, the last thing we want is a expansion pack. I want my life back.