Thread: Men Disappearing

Men Disappearing

Men Disappearing

When my men die, they disappear. How do I change the game so that the men don't disappear... ? also I hear there is more blood in euro versions of the game... how do I get more blood.

Originally Posted by BigNellieStyle
    When my men die, they disappear. How do I change the game so that the men don't disappear... ? also I hear there is more blood in euro versions of the game... how do I get more blood.
    There is no way to `officially` alter your version to add more blood in, however am sure the modders will find a way.

It was toned down to meet the US stringent requirements for Teen ratings through the ESRB rating board.

You've got to love censorship

It's OK to kill 'em... but please clean up after yourself?

I like the way some americans are blaming the Pyro/Eidos for taking some blood out when they are following the law of their land. Would an European version work on an American PC?

The European variant is a DVD disc rather than a CD, so as long as you have a DVD-CD drive, the European version should work.

Originally Posted by Sir Crow
    I like the way some americans are blaming the Pyro/Eidos for taking some blood out when they are following the law of their land. Would an European version work on an American PC?
    All European software will work on an American PC (thats why softare pirates have no problem) the only reason you cant do this with consoles, is because different countries have differing tax laws, so to stop people from getting cheap imported games, the console is hard coded with a region.

Not quite.

NTFS and PAL format. PAL used here in Australia.
    I'm not a techie but I think it has something to do with the display output?

So many Australians got their Playstations "Chipped" to play NTFS games here in Australia.
    SONY took it to court saying that users had no right to do this.
    In the test case the gamer argued that he had purchased the console and it was his to modify as he chose. If he wanted to modify it or smash it to bits with a hammer that was none of SONY's business.
    The court wimped out and ruled that while players could do this the only reason they would do so was for piracy (Not true - I travel and cannot use games I buy in the US here)
    The court went on to say that anyone who "chipped" a Playstation might be considered jointly liable in a piracy / copyright case.

Interestingly - the same court ruled that "Regional Codes" on DVDs violated Australian Law as a "restrictive trade practice".

Originally Posted by Czar
    Not quite.

The court wimped out and ruled that while players could do this the only reason they would do so was for piracy The court went on to say that anyone who "chipped" a Playstation might be considered jointly liable in a piracy / copyright case.

Interestingly - the same court ruled that "Regional Codes" on DVDs violated Australian Law as a "restrictive trade practice".
    You gotta love those remainents of British good old fashioned humour

British? I thought he is Australian?

Since both Aussies and Brits say mate i would assume Australian=British and vice versa

The Aussies say 'sport' also for m8 I don't think Aussies=British either thats like saying Canadians=Yanks.