Thread: No lobby for the mp????

No lobby for the mp????

No lobby for the mp????

Is it just me or there isnt a lobby for the mp? You have to connect by gamespy to see the games lit then come back to the game, write the IP and so on??? Is this the IG mp?
    OMG I hope it is just me or thi mp is really terrible.

You don't have to write down the IP you should be able to just launch the game from the lobby.

I mean, there is not a lobby from the game. YOu have to connect to the game spy lobby, there you can see the games list , then go to the game. All the games that use gamespy have also a personal lobby, they have an user ID for the game and so on. This is the first time that I see a game without a lobby and it is a shame imho. THis game has a worse mp than RTW, and RTW has the worse mp I have never seen since yesterday

1 rome total war has an unrel mp you just a noob gota get god wich is very hard takes months for some years
    anyway
    if this game doesnt have an online lobby (personel as the fella called it) i wont buy the gay rofl not a chance i gota laugh at the idiot who thought there was no need lmao
    ok now that the sarcasim is out of the way

are you joking paolia?

if not this is a major MAJOR blunder by eidos/pyro/whatever the hell you are

Originally Posted by Paolai
    I mean, there is not a lobby from the game. YOu have to connect to the game spy lobby, there you can see the games list , then go to the game. All the games that use gamespy have also a personal lobby, they have an user ID for the game and so on. This is the first time that I see a game without a lobby and it is a shame imho. THis game has a worse mp than RTW, and RTW has the worse mp I have never seen since yesterday
    So you are not a fan of Gamespy, we have a good relationship with them, and use them. You can play the game IP to IP if you want to skip it, but you would need to know the IP of the other person and hope they are not behind a firewall and NAT'd etc.. That is where Gamespy helps, as it does all the communicating between the PC's for us.

Just because its not built into the game doesnt make it less of a good tool. BFME uses gamespy, just its built in.

sadly I am not joking
    You have to log in from game spy, the only way to check the games list is from gamespy, and it is a shame imho.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    So you are not a fan of Gamespy, we have a good relationship with them, and use them. You can play the game IP to IP if you want to skip it, but you would need to know the IP of the other person and hope they are not behind a firewall and NAT'd etc.. That is where Gamespy helps, as it does all the communicating between the PC's for us.

Just because its not built into the game doesnt make it less of a good tool. BFME uses gamespy, just its built in.
    And this is what I would like, a built in gamespy, simple for all but not foe eidos it seems

This begs the question why wasn't it built into IG? the TW games may not be perfect but it is a lot simpler. Shame they couldn't use steam. Do you know if IG works with xFire?

i like gamespy they arent too bad not too great either do
    like the options
    dont like the subscritpion crap to use their best servers for downloads of patchs to games they provide servers for
    like the ladders
    wizs know as much as me(not much more then a very good idea of the basics)
    its good all in all but without a proper lobby i wont buy this game after all that waiting
    i'm able to play rtw again well soon my pc is in the shop and im using an old dusty laptop now
    so if this game isnt good enough rome is a great laugh bye bye to anything else that is copying it and so far is making one hell of a poor attempt

thats up to xfire not these guys so yes it will be included doubt it is atm do just came out and all

Originally Posted by Sir Crow
    This begs the question why wasn't it built into IG? the TW games may not be perfect but it is a lot simpler. Shame they couldn't use steam. Do you know if IG works with xFire?
    It would have been nice to do full implementation. However in this case it wasnt done. I will keep pushing to get it integrated, but remember sometimes dev teams program in such a way that its not easy to bolt on someone elses code simply or easily, and much easier to just link in

If Eidos wanna have a nice community online I think it is necessary, or their multy is already death.

It would have been nice to do full implementation

The question is, why they didnt? Costed too much or waht? Why all the other games have their proper lobby and not IG?

IG is gonna have its sails ruined by this

really totaly utterly ruined im not getting the game now

wait i have to but im gonna bring it toa shop and tell i baught it off them

ing idiots

-Paolai

Using GameSpy externally to connect to a MP session is nothing new. Several games required players to do that prior to incorporating the in-game browsers. Personally, IMHO, I would rather have a game that required that opposed to one that runs like scat with an in-game browser.

Originally Posted by mob
    IG is gonna have its sails ruined by this

really totaly utterly ruined im not getting the game now

wait i have to but im gonna bring it toa shop and tell i baught it off them

ing idiots
    Your incessant rants are become a bit of a bore now.

Just because we are using the lobby external to the game JUST for matchmaking does NOT change the actual GAME at all, just how you get into it.

Is there a chance of a greater lag with having GameSpy built in as opposed to have it externally? I have now purchased the game and would like to know if you have to purchased an extra copy for a home LAN or not?

For those who didnt touch gamespy so far and dont know how playing works via including gsa:

First of all, cause someone said this before:
    After u connected to gsa and see the gamerooms, you DONT have to go back to your game and enter ip etc.

All you have to do is to double click the gameroom inside of gsa, click ready and the game will start automatically after the room host launched. No need to switch urself back to the game and enter any ip.

but here a simple explain for all "new" guys to gamespy:

1. Install GameSpy Arcade (GSA), if you dont have done this so far.

2. Start the program, and create an account (the program itself will guide you along with an "wizard" for doing this.

3. Login to GSA

4. Now you should see on the left site some buttons of games, which are installed on your PC. Click the one for Imperial Glory.

5. Now GSA will bring you automatically to the IG Game Lobby. Choose Multiplayer, and you enter the Lobby.

6. There you can see 2 screens. on top the game rooms and on bottom u see the IG chat room.

7. on top you will see some more buttons, for example "join game" , "create game" and so on...

8. Use create game button for setting up an own game or just click on a gameroom from other guys.

9. After some players have entered the gamerooms and clicked ready, the room host can launch the game

10. play the game and hf :-)

So everytime that a match starts, the game will be launched isnt it? At the end of the match you have to quit the game, join again another match and the game will be launched again and so on?

after the game is finsihed and u quit it, u will be automatically in gamespy lobby again and can join other games, right.

and if you dont quit the game after a match, when you join another match the game will be launched double isnt it?

Would be much more easier if we could have an internal lobby from the game, this is what I meant.

iam not sure, if the game would be launched double then, never tried this.

for ingame lobbys, i dont like it, cause i like more the system with using gsa , but its my personal thinking.

btw, try gsa out and see, that it is not really complicated. its very easy, and dont make a big different to ingame lobbys. Also gsa is more as only a lobby for ig, so give it a try :-)

Overall i think, guys who played mostly games with inside lobbys, will like this more as those, who use gsa since years for playing games :-)

I play online since 6 years now, and I have a quite big experience ).

Won an award for the most skilled player Viking Invasion 2004.

I played games with an internal lobby and not, and surely I prefer the ones with their internal lobby. Thats why all the new games have their internal lobby imho.

I did not test the "double" lanching with IG cause I was sure it would be happen, since it happens with all the other games. I will test it later and I'll let you know

Originally Posted by Paolai

I play online since 6 years now, and I have a quite big experience ).

Won an award for the most skilled player Viking Invasion 2004.

I played games with an internal lobby and not, and surely I prefer the ones with their internal lobby. Thats why all the new games have their internal lobby imho.

I did not test the "double" lanching with IG cause I was sure it would be happen, since it happens with all the other games. I will test it later and I'll let you know
    i would LOVE an internal lobby as it would mean less loading for the end user, but in IG's case it was decided to take the easy development route of using the GS client.