Thread: Square Enix X Other Game Companies

Square Enix X Other Game Companies

Square Enix X Other Game Companies

I'll admit this is a little pit on mind because Square Enix has not worked with other companys much and it really bothers me, because of two reasons.

1 they can learn from other companys and maybe do stuff to improve there games,manga,anime.

2 they can do cross overs with them, I mean really when was the last time Square Enix did a cross over with anither company besides Disney ?!

I just think they can earn more money from this they could work with

Sega, Capcom, other ones like bandai and stuff.

So who agrees ?

Originally Posted by Crimson King
    I mean really when was the last time Square Enix did a cross over with anither company besides Disney ?!

Fortune Street, last year: fortunestreet.nintendo.com/

I'll admit this is a little pit on mind because Square Enix has not worked with other companys much and it really bothers me, because of two reasons. 1 they can learn from other companys and maybe do stuff to improve there games,manga,anime. 2 they can do cross overs with them, I mean really when was the last time Square Enix did a cross over with anither company besides Disney ?! I just think they can earn more money from this they could work with Sega, Capcom, other ones like bandai and stuff. So who agrees ?

Square works with other developers but mostly not companies that interest you i think such as byking(gundam VS team), TriAce (SO4,XIII-2 co-developed), silicon, Hexa drive and more.

It seems like you are interested in cross overs or homage games like Project X zone but i don't see big deal.

Will yes on the crossover thing but not just that have you read that Square Enix is holding off big projects and have seen the new final fantasy.... I'm just saying Square Enix is running out on there good ideas and there running out on other things that could earn them money.

True Square Enix is top company in my book but it just seems like they are getting into writers block or something and they could improve on there gameplay a little more just a little bit more. Because really do we want another Final Fantasy XIII like game ? Sorry to those who liked that gameplay.

Also they lost some of there touch with games

Take 3rd birthday that one made bearly any sense.

Dead island aweful game they could have made better but this is the worst one I ever played of theres.

And others

Also they lost some of there touch with games Take 3rd birthday that one made bearly any sense. Dead island aweful game they could have made better but this is the worst one I ever played of theres. And others

I have to disagree on this one my friend, Crimson King... ^_^

For me, "Dead Island" is one of the best FPS games I have ever played. ^.^

But what I agree with you is the crossover projects with other companies... ^_^

Like making X fighting games such as: "Capcom VS Square Enix" or "Street Fighter VS Final Fantasy" for example. ^_^

Will yes on the crossover thing but not just that have you read that Square Enix is holding off big projects and have seen the new final fantasy.... I'm just saying Square Enix is running out on there good ideas and there running out on other things that could earn them money. True Square Enix is top company in my book but it just seems like they are getting into writers block or something and they could improve on there gameplay a little more just a little bit more. Because really do we want another Final Fantasy XIII like game ? Sorry to those who liked that gameplay.

I still don't see any problem or meaningful solutions out of it, many companies focus on serializing as cost effective do to nature of HD development love it or hate it XIII is the only format that Square did built and met a decent success at the moment. On the other hand, i still don't know why working with other companies that focus on Serializing will help? If you put a list of small-mid developers in topic then i would agree i would love if they would work with Arcsys on a new fighting game for example but SE already working with other developers as i mentioned.

Bottom line, If you want to criticize a scenario of a game then criticize who made that scenario. If you want a fresh new concepts then ask for more new IPs or high concepts in games but the whole let them work with Sega (on what? with who?) makes sense as much as T3B's scenario to me.

Um, they worked with Disney. :P

I'm not so deep into who makes the games,as much as I am on if the game plays well.But I would love to see a NINJA THEORY/SQUARE ENIX calabo on a remake or a sequel to VAGRANT STORY though.I wouldn't mind if they did it with CAPCOM.

I would like to say that Dead Island was not that bad. It was glitchy (even with the latest patch), but the overall gameplay was solid. It was also fun to play in the Arena with 3 other people.

I don't mind crossovers that much to be honest, so I wouldn't mind a crossover with other companies.

However, I don't like the idea of a fighting game crossover. Maybe a Strategy RPG crossover.

BROTHERS: A Tale of Two Brothers

Omg square, you guys need to check this game out and hire the folks that illustrated the story in this game. It's maybe 2-3 hours long but has captured my heart with the tragic yet rewarding story line. And all is done without even saying a single word. This game truly merits a look through.

Anyhow, I'd love to see the folks that created this game working for square-enix... Would be fun to see how well they could help tell a final fantasy story.

Wupes, its tale of two sons, not brothers.
    Last edited by Wevryn; 30th Jan 2014 at 13:56. Reason: Needed to change title, don't seem to be able too.

Square Enix please Collab with Nintendo again! Super Mario RPG Sequel Please!

I was wondering if there were any possibility of Square Enix to work with Nintendo again. If so, I've been dying to see an Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars Sequel! None of that Paper Mario crap. Again, Old school gameplay but a continuation of the Super Mario RPG game. Please don't let the max level be level 30 either. I'd love to see Mario team up with Mallow, Geno, Bowser, and Princess Peach again along with new characters! Or Maybe even an All-Star Nintendo RPG game like Super Smash Bros. but an RPG game with characters from other games!

Hope we can get these in the future! That would be AMAZING! I know people would go crazy for these games and I know the will sell fast! I've been in other forums talking about these for years, so others have been craving for this as well.

Square vs Capcom Fighting Game In the Works?

As you may know by now, I'm a fighting game fanatic. Marvel vs Capcom 3 on the last gen systems was one of, if not my favorite fighting game ever. As much as I'd love me a next gen MvC4 on PS4, I know it's not gonna happen anytime soon, and maybe not ever as their contract with Marvel expired ever since Disney bought them out so you gotta wonder: what's next for Capcom on the crossover fighting game list?

We already know there's a Tekken X Street Fighter in development, but I get the feeling they may not be done there. MvC is one of their best-selling fighting games ever, right behind SF, and we all know the kind of rut Capcom is in financially. They'll do anything for a quick buck at this point. They'd be well-versed to reach out to another big-name developer to produce a new series of "___ vs Capcom" crossover fighting games with using the MvC engine. It would be the next best thing for all the fans dying for a next-gen MvC game and rack in millions of dollars. They could also get them to co-fund it in order to keep development costs down (similar to the Sony SF5 deal) so they can hopefully get back to making more big-name AAA games in the near future (I'd love me a next gen Onimusha or Dino Crisis reboot).

Well, according to this here video, it looks like they may well be alluding to a Square-Capcom crossover game of some kind happening:

My guess is it's a Square vs. Capcom fighting game.

Think of all the intriguing matchups you could have:

Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) vs. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
    Every fanboy's dream matchup right here, including mine.

Agent 47 (Hitman) vs. Chris Redfield/Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil)

Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII) vs. Dante (Devil May Cry)

Adam Jensen (Deus Ex) vs Mega Man (Mega Man, duh)

Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII) vs. Vergil (Devil May Cry)

Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII) vs. Chun Li (Street Fighter)

Yuna (Final Fantasy X/X2) vs. Ada Wong (Resident Evil)

List goes on and on.

So what do you think? Would you like to see a MvC-style Square V Capcom fighting game crossover?
    Last edited by KManX89; 24th Sep 2015 at 01:53.

I've always wanted to see something like that. But Capcom should make the game because they're better at fighting games.

You can already legitimately play Cloud vs Ryu on SSB, so the concept has already been explored. It might be more realistic to hope for more capcom/SE characters in that series since it looks like they worked out a licensing deal. Plus it gives SE a chance to make even more $ with Amiibos based on their IPs. I know a Cloud Amiibo would sell like hotcakes.

Square Enix and Nintedo should make another RPG together ....don't ya think?

I understand that this has absolutely nothing to do with FF or kingdom hearts etc. But remember when Geno was a new character that square(now enix) made?. They should create a HD remaster or a sequel to mario RPG . THink about it there is a lot of unique characters in that game that square doesn't use anymore. Where is our Geno and mallow square?

I just want Next episode of Tactics Ogre or new FFT in Original PSX World.

A port of Ogre Battles 64 to new consoles would had been nice to or handheld. =)

we need some SRPGs cause FFT is still supreme even after almost 20 years ago it came out.

I loved it when they remaded Tactics Ogre from PSX.... So happy i didnt have to put down $100 on that game i pre-ordered it and picked it up on the first day it was out. GREAT second to best SRPG next to FFT. but FFT is still superior. =3

I'd like to see SE work with Respawn entertainment, Bu gie, Rockstar, Ubisoft, Activision. All are making great games and I think if SE worked with any of these on a new Xenogear game, it would be Huge. I don't know why SE even let this game die. It was a great game.

With the cool line up of characters in the Super Smash Bros (Sonic, Mario, Pacman, Cloud, Megaman, etc.), Square could work with the gaming companies to make a awesome crossover game with these characters. The game will be a platform and RPG (turnbased or action) genre. Each characters will be unique (e.g. Sonic speed, Mario jumping and hammer, Cloud's Limit Break, and Megaman's copy robot master ability.) And there'll be a cool story where the heroes all work together to beat the villains. Also there will be awesome scenes of how those characters interact with each other (funny, cute, heartwarming or serious). And a great and unique teamwork moves that they can use in or out of battles.

I would love to see a crossover game like this with my favourite characters.

Originally Posted by kaigun_gensui
    You can already legitimately play Cloud vs Ryu on SSB, so the concept has already been explored.
    Not on the consoles it would be released on (XB1, PS4 and perhaps PC as well) since SSB is a Wii-U exclusive.

Plus, only in a Square-Enix vs. Capcom fighting game will you see all of Lara vs Jill, Aya vs Regina, Cloud vs. Dante, Sephiroth vs. Vergil, Adam Jensen vs. Wesker, Agent 47 vs. Chris/Leon, Tifa vs. Chun-Li, Zero (Drakengard 3) vs. Morrigan, the list goes on and on. So many dream matchups in one game between these 2 companies. Talk about cha-ching! Plus, we all know Capcom needs the money and would need another company to co-develop the game with since they're tight on resources.

Announcement
    SQUARE ENIX ANNOUNCES PUBLISHING PARTNERSHIP WITH MILESTONE
    - The multi-title agreement with the Italian studio starts with the March 15 release of Milestone's rally simulator Sébastien Loeb Rally EVO, a game that launches players into the life of Sébastien Loeb, one of the most iconic figures in the history of rally.