Page 3 of 8 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: Bug reporting thread

Bug reporting thread

is there any fix for the soundbug i have? see above for reference, this problem happens to me everytime i play.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    From how you describe your graphics card am going to hazard a guess its an intel integrated chipset? Running dxdiag will confirm this.
    I just dunno how to tell whats what? tell me exactly ewhat the minimum stuff should say on this

The mysterious bermuda triangle

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but after fighting in a Naval battle for a while, my ships start to mysteriously disappear one by one... The text tells me they have left the engagement (and indeed they are waiting for me when the battle is over), but they weren't necessarily leaving the battlefield map... (i.e. they were well within the square on the minimap)

Disappearing ships I've had on numerous occasions. No idea why and it's not mentioned anywhere

My computer restarts.....when I do a quick battle on land...how ever a battle on sea is good....but a battle on land...after loading...then the computer restarts...

i have a Realtek integrated sound,

9600 Pro 5.5 Catalyst Drivers
    P4 530J (3.0 Ghz)
    1 GB Corsair Ram
    74 GB Raptor 10,000 RPM drives...

Is this a bug or technical?

This game rules! Although its so so buggy. I cant play land battles or the land battle tutorial 'cos the game makes my computer restart!!!!
    This needs fixing NOW! I paid for a game that doesn't work !

P4 3.2 @ 3.5
    X800XTPE (5.3 Catalyst)
    2GB Corsair XMS 4000 SE

Help?

Originally Posted by captainavenger123456
    I was really looking forward to this game, but I can't keep it running without locking up. I have tried at least 10 times now to get the quick battles on land and in the sea wroking. After a couple of minutes the game freezes on me. I can't get out of it, escape, kill Windows XP. I have to reboot the PC to get out of it. I have the following hardware

Dell PC running pentium 2.8
    Radeon 9700 pro
    1024MB memory
    Audigy 2 soundcard.

I have all the latest drivers for the graphics card, Windows XP and soundcard. What can I do to get this game working?
    I'm having this same problem, does anyone have an idea why?

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 5/23/2005, 17:34:56
    Machine name: BEAST
    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
    System Model: Dimension 4600i
    BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A10
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 1022MB RAM
    Page File: 168MB used, 2293MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
    Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: The file als4000.sys is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
    Music Tab: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.
    Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce FX 5700
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0342&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 256.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
    Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
    Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0010.7189 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 4/1/2005 16:16:00, 3980288 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
    VDD: n/a
    Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
    Mini VDD Date: 4/1/2005 16:16:00, 3454656 bytes
    Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4002-11CF-A57F-0A2000C2CB35}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x0342
    SubSys ID: 0x00000000
    Revision ID: 0x00A1
    Revision ID: 0x00A1
    Registry: OK
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
    DDraw Test Result: Not run
    D3D7 Test Result: Not run
    D3D8 Test Result: Not run
    D3D9 Test Result: Not run

-------------
    Sound Devices
    -------------
    Description: Avance Sound
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_4005&DEV_4000&SUBSYS_40004005&REV_00
    Manufacturer ID: 1
    Product ID: 100
    Type: WDM
    Driver Name: als4000.sys
    Driver Version: 5.12.0001.4000 (English)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    WHQL Logo'd: No
    Date and Size: 10/22/2001 13:46:08, 28919 bytes
    Other Files:
    Driver Provider: Avance Logic, Inc.
    HW Accel Level: Full
    Cap Flags: 0xF5F
    Min/Max Sample Rate: 48000, 48000
    Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
    Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
    HW Memory: 0
    Voice Management: No
    EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
    I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
    Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No
    Registry: OK
    Sound Test Result: Not run

I think it's either minks or izhora, it's the one with the fortified city, in quick battle when you play as defender and have all you units garrisoned in houses, the a.i will just stand there, even if you un-garrison your units. A major bug with the a.i

Originally Posted by Dannard
    This game rules! Although its so so buggy. I cant play land battles or the land battle tutorial 'cos the game makes my computer restart!!!!
    This needs fixing NOW! I paid for a game that doesn't work !

P4 3.2 @ 3.5
    X800XTPE (5.3 Catalyst)
    2GB Corsair XMS 4000 SE
    You need to be running CAT 5.5 drivers (there is a specific IG fix in those driver) have covered this in numerous threads already

Originally Posted by Duran
    My computer restarts.....when I do a quick battle on land...how ever a battle on sea is good....but a battle on land...after loading...then the computer restarts...

i have a Realtek integrated sound,

9600 Pro 5.5 Catalyst Drivers
    P4 530J (3.0 Ghz)
    1 GB Corsair Ram
    74 GB Raptor 10,000 RPM drives...

Is this a bug or technical?
    Are you running ATI 5.5 drivers, or other 3rd party version (like omega etc) - Cat 5.5 had a specific fix in it for this issue.

Big Grin

I can't play for very long before the game just freezes (campaign map or battle), no sound movement or anything. Hell, I can't even Ctrl + Alt + Del my way out of the application and no one can help me? Just awesome, just freaking awesome.

Weird

After installing CAT 5.5 I was finally able to play this game, but now I still have a problem! After playing 2 minutes all pictures of units get weird. I can't recognise them anymore, they consist of small blocks in different colors. The saving-screen and all the other screens are also messed up. Then I can press ALT+TAB and change the refresh rate to a lower or higher level and I'm able to see the pictures again for a certain time (the messing-up) gets back faster after playing a while... Does anyone know what to do, is there something wrong with my monitor or my videocard (ATI 9600pro)?? Please help me, pressing ALT+TAB all the time isn't very funny...

Unhappy

Well I see a problem with the stacking of Inf/Cav etc with the Officer(Captain).

The tutorial and the Campaign game will not allow you to make complete units of Officer and three other units.

Playing British/England/Ireland/Scotland, I find I cannot get a full compliment of units with the officer.

Found it Hard to get Inf off of ships, even when near ports.

In Rome TW this was not a problem.

game not loading then crashing windows

Hi everyone,
    Just bought Imperial Glory, havent been able to play it yet as when I load the game the screen goes black followed by a grey bar that gets brighter, then the loading screen then the computer re-boots.... im not much of a computer wizz so could be missing a basic fix here... can anyone help please..

(Athlon 3000, 1gig ram, Nvidia 5200, winxp) ...

wtf

whats up with this game it just crashes everytime I load a land battle, sometimes, but atleast not as often it crashes in the campaign map.

When i go to battle after a few mins, being 1-5, the game either just freezes and goes to black, or just goes black.

here are my specs

samsung pc 3200 1 gig of ram
    ati radeon 9600 pro 5.5 cat drivers
    amd 2500+ cpu

I tried the omega drivers, 5.4 and eve rolled back to 5.1 and 4.9, none of that stuff even works.

Problem with the Ruler of the Seas Quest

I have noticed the following bug with the Ruler of the Seas quest (it may happen with other quests - I have only noticed it with the Ruler of the Seas quest) - although the reward description indicates that a military harbour and a sloop will be constructed in all of my coastal provinces, at no cost to me - my treasury and population seem to be emptied out to pay for the construction.

Other than that I am enjoying the game.

Big Grin

Mohammed, do you have to have that trial of computer parts in every thread.

Its not nesessery you know, once Is enuff.

Give us some room to please.

Annexation Points not increasing correctly w/ cultural center

First game (playing as France) things worked fine. Second game (playing as Russia), when I created a cultural center and a newspaper building I only got half the annexation points I was supposed to get (i.e. 10% instead of 20% for a cultural center).

lol, i just formatted my computer and reinstalled everything from scratch, 5.5 cat drivers now and this game still reboots and crashes.

crashes

bought the game a few days ago have not yet played a battle due to crashes. i have a radeon X 300 graphics card.

i read earlier about upgrading to cat 5.5. how is this done?

also, any othe rtips for stopping these crashes??

thanks

To upgrade first go to ati's site to download the latest drivers. Then go to my computer/configuration/software and uninstall the current ati drivers. Reboot your pc as requested, install the new drivers, reboot and configure your settings.

I notice that you can cross units from Cyrenaica to Greece through 3 parts of Ocean. Can you fix this? It's more random then anything else. I notice it most used by the AI.

I've noticed it just recently, the odd time, after a land battle, the loading screen appears, then for some reason the naval battle loading screen begins, (without returning to the game map), then the screen just goes black with only the mouse pointer visible (the IG mouse pointer, not the windows one). There's no way out of this without alt-tabbing back to windows and closing the application.

It only seemed to happen in the last day or two, but then I've been fighting more battles in a row these days (e.g. four battles without returning to campaign mode, between my turn and Austria's)

Bug Report

Hello,

I have compete a campaign with Great Britain and i have found a bug:

After capturing the Russian Empire, some of its ships still remained in the map and one of them even dock in the Venecia`s port, so, I couldn´t dock ships on that port because the computer told me that it belongs to Russia.
    I also tried to fight against those ships but i was unable to do because the IA simply don´t recognized that ships.

Suggestions after complete the campaign:

- The IA sometimes acts in a very stupid way. It send its troops one by one so i can destroy them with no effort. The IA left its cannons far away from battle too, sending its troops first and lefting his cannons apart forgotten in the other side of the map. (I nave complete in the medium level so I don´t know if it happens in the hard level.)

- I have lost a lot of ships because they went "out of the square", please solve this because it is very unclear for me (They was on the square even heading to the center of the map!!!)

- ordering when in pause will be very helpfull.

Greetings.

Another Bug

I Forgot It

I Can´t Complete Any Unit. I Don´t Know How To Do It. Please Help.

Page 3 of 8 First First 1234567 ... Last