Page 2 of 8 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: Bug reporting thread

Bug reporting thread

Game crashes when I am attacked at Sea

I am also having the same problem. But for me the game simply crashes when I am about to enter the sea battle. It appears to load up fine but then the screen goes black and I am kicked back to desktop. I have yet to see what a battle in the sea looks like . I purchased the game yesterday and really do like it. However, I would appreaciate it if this is addressed. I already emailed tech. with ATI and they already have drives to get the game to work (as the land battles would also crash similar to the sea battles). So, I can't say if the drivers to the video card are the problem or not. It appears that ATI has addressed it. But it bugs me to no end how this crash is similar to the original crash I had when I tried to play the demo:

X850XT with 5.5 drivers (fix for this game is included, I can now play the land games were before I could not with 5.4 drivers)

XP Pro

SB Audigy Z2

P4C800-E Deluxe, 3.2E 1 gig Corsair Ram

Troops not obeying orders

I agree and have a similar issue and Buc (as quoted below).

I selected all troops and click to march them to a position. Only my rifleman including the leader began marching. The infantry which are mainly upgraded peasants (forgive me for not knowing the names at this time) did not do as told the first time. So, I had to select them separately to march them to the position.

I don't like when troops don't do as told when on the way to battle and it makes me nervous to think that they may act this way IN the fray.

Please fix this bug.

Originally Posted by bucephalus12
    Sometimes one or more of my squads will stop marching on the way to their final destination as if they have forgotten where they are going. I will have to click on them and reissue movement orders to get them going again.

This seems to happen more often when the units are moving through rough but not impassable terrain. It occurs when troops are in the open too but not as often.

It is a bit annoying when you take the time to set up a nice battle line only to have it fall apart when moving forward to engage the enemy.

Blacked-out screen with a mouse cursor only showing...

I experienced the same issue as noted below by krazed.

Blacked-out screen with a mouse cursor only showing...then suddenly an error message came-up and the game shut down. The message asked if I'd like to report the bug to Microsoft (sure!).

Now, I am reporting it to you guys to pay attention to it because it happened while I was playing a campaign and I am not sure if it saved the battle.

FYI: this was a battle where I had my riflemen up in a farmhouse blasting the enemy which was on the attack. The voice told me, my men were being slaughtered but they had not yet engaged. Is this a bug or something else?

Take care all.

Originally Posted by krazed
    you need to build a military hospital, it works for me, anyway sometimes after i win a battle, the screen just goes black and the game freezes, i can still see the in game mouse icon though, just a black screen with no sound

Computer freezes/Blank Screen bug

I seem to be having the same problem as many other people. When I attempt to run the Battle tutorials, Quick Battle or a battle in the campaign the computer loads most of the way, then the screen goes to a blank screen and the computer totally locks up. The only way to get out of it is to manually shut down the computer by cutting the power.

My computer:

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop computer
    P4 3 GHz processor with HT
    512 Ram
    Radeon 9700 Graphics card with 128 Ram
    Most upto date drivers for video, sound and Windows XP.

I am unable to use the Catalyst drivers as they aren't compatible with my graphics card, so I have to use the ones Dell provides.

This game looks really good and the Demo ran fine, so I have no idea why the full game is having this problem. Hopefully someone can come up with a solution.

app failed to initialize

i keep getting a "application failed to initialize" error message everytime i try to run this game. my specs are:

p4 2.8
    raedeon 9600 pro 256mg
    5.5 catylist drivers
    1 gig ram

i have the same problem, is there absolutely no way around this? i refuse to spend MORE MONEY on a new graphics card, so if i cant play it, the game is going back.

Ok my game doesnt crash like everyone elses. The only problem i have is on land battles when the troops engage in fighting these weird boxes form over the dead(with weird jaged forms etc..) and when they engage these weird vertical lines and horizontal lines shoot out from the battle.Other than that i have no problems.

About my system info i dont have it with my right now. Im at the library and not on my home comp. No internet at my house.Althought i know i meet and am above the system requirements.

Originally Posted by [Imperial Legionaire]Kais
    Ok my game doesnt crash like everyone elses. The only problem i have is on land battles when the troops engage in fighting these weird boxes form over the dead(with weird jaged forms etc..) and when they engage these weird vertical lines and horizontal lines shoot out from the battle.Other than that i have no problems.

About my system info i dont have it with my right now. Im at the library and not on my home comp. No internet at my house.Althought i know i meet and am above the system requirements.
    Have you got a radeon card perchance? we had a problem on older cat drivers with radeon 9xxx series, but was fixed both in code and in updated drivers

Originally Posted by Trafalgar200
    I seem to be having the same problem as many other people. When I attempt to run the Battle tutorials, Quick Battle or a battle in the campaign the computer loads most of the way, then the screen goes to a blank screen and the computer totally locks up. The only way to get out of it is to manually shut down the computer by cutting the power.

My computer:

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop computer
    P4 3 GHz processor with HT
    512 Ram
    Radeon 9700 Graphics card with 128 Ram
    Most upto date drivers for video, sound and Windows XP.

I am unable to use the Catalyst drivers as they aren't compatible with my graphics card, so I have to use the ones Dell provides.

This game looks really good and the Demo ran fine, so I have no idea why the full game is having this problem. Hopefully someone can come up with a solution.
    There was no real change between demo and full release in graphic terms. So shouldnt be a problem. .what is the driver date on your system - there are websites that have drivers for laptops

Originally Posted by munchie7777
    i keep getting a "application failed to initialize" error message everytime i try to run this game. my specs are:

p4 2.8
    raedeon 9600 pro 256mg
    5.5 catylist drivers
    1 gig ram
    Your card is definitely a supported chipset. Could you post your dxdiag? (sound card details etc would be handy)

Ya me too

Anyhoo, one possible error might be that when playing as England, I couldn't land troops anywhere in Denmark (not Norway). Regardless of the sea zone I was in or what I did (even when I was in Hannover). Wouldn't let me try it at all... So? I also ran into this in a couple of other areas too. Might just be me.

You can only make landings on areas that have wharves. Thats why you can't land on Normandy beach East of Falaise.

I also get the black screen sometimes after finishing a battle It loaded back to the Strat map then a sea battle loading screen came up and started loading when that finished black screeen. I had to Ctrl + alt and shutdown IG from desktop. I think it was the computer getting upset cause I spanked him so bad he had me out numbered 2 -1 and I ended up losing 20 lancers and 2 grenadiers to his 9 howitzers and 300 Light infantry.

Now I'll have to fight it all over again!

how...

how do i post dxdiag? my sound is Realtek AC897 audio. i believe it is intergrated into motherboard.

Application Can't Be Initialized...

I keep getting the message "Error: Application Can't Be Initialized"...
    I have a Pentium 4 2.0GHz, 512 MB of Ram, a 100% DirectX 9.0 compatible 128MB Direct3D Card, CD-DVD Combo Drive, and Cable Internet, why am I getting this message? Please reply.

As far as the crashing when going into battle, I had to rollback my Catalyst drivers to 5.1. So if one doesn't work, keep going back. I have a Radeon Card, so I don't know about other things.

A couple possibel bugs I have seen... though, I hope it is because I am not entirely comfortable with the game yet... is that when in a Naval battle, the AI likes to skim the edge of the map... almost leaving. They never turn to fight unless I box them in a corner and they are forced to engage. They just do not move a way from the edges of the map.

Also, when in an alliance, my allies do NOT attack anyone. This defeats the purpose of an alliance, does it not? I was England, and I was allied with Denmark, Portugal, and Morocco agains Spain, France and Batavia. Portugal did have a fair size army, but never moved into Spanish terriroty, Denmark sat and did not help in Batavia, and Morocco, well, they were too far to do anything. So, maybe a suggestion would be to up the AI to actually participate in wars.

If these are not bugs and anyone has any help/suggestions, please inform me. Thanks! and I hope this helps.

I am also having trouble with sound, sometimes the sound will partially be there, other times it wont be there at all.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
    1gb RAM
    NVIDIA Geforece 6600 GT 128mb
    Emu 1212m soundcard

Originally Posted by munchie7777
    how do i post dxdiag?
    Start/run/dxdiag

Then just copy paste it but please not the whole lot. I believe the first two blocks are enought.

Originally Posted by ZeroCustom04
    I keep getting the message "Error: Application Can't Be Initialized"...
    I have a Pentium 4 2.0GHz, 512 MB of Ram, a 100% DirectX 9.0 compatible 128MB Direct3D Card, CD-DVD Combo Drive, and Cable Internet, why am I getting this message? Please reply.
    From how you describe your graphics card am going to hazard a guess its an intel integrated chipset? Running dxdiag will confirm this.

I keep getting a problem where in the Campaign mode, when I go to click on say the buildings or units, when it comes up the background is 'tiled' with images of bvarious units etc, is the best way I can describe it I suppose. Its irritatingbecause it mean that I cant actually play more than a couple of turns because the tiling obscures half the stuff or wont let me click on any tabs on that screen. I'm running a 3200+ athlon with 512 mb of ram with a geforce fx5200. It plays half life 2 and doom 3 fine so i'd be amazed if it was a graphics card issue. Oh, I also have the latest drivers and everything, and have tried to uninstall then re-install the game. Didn't help though....

I have just got the game it looks great, i have tryed playing as the British but found i could not build any buildings. When playing as another nation i can,

Hope u can help. Thax

I like the game and have begun a campaign as Britain but have incurred 3 CTD's. Once my 7 year old daughter was playing and clicked an icon in the Research tree and it sent her straight to the desktop with no ability to recover game. The two times it happened for me it went to desktop but it was still in the Windows XP tasbar where I could click on it and resume this happened one tome while fighting the Austrians in battle in Hanover, (I actually won!) and another time in the diplomacy screen.

Windows XP
    512mb 3200 DDR Ram
    nVidia 5700 256mb
    on board 5.1 sound
    2 x 160GB hard drives
    Sempron 2800+ CPU

PS I do disable programs like my Avast antivirus too before playing.

Originally Posted by Sir Crow

PS I do disable programs like my Avast antivirus too before playing.
    Yes. Disable everything you don't need to play the game, which means pretty much everything.

Hi, I just got this game. The FPS on the starting menu is very low; however, for some reason, the cursor doesn't stutter or anything. It's completely smooth. I lowered all of the graphics settings to minimum, restarted the game, and the menu is still as choppy as ever. I have a GeForce FX5200, which should be more than capable of handling the menu of all things. Anyone have a fix?

Specs:
    Intel Celeron D 330 @ 2.66 GHz
    768mb PC2700 RAM
    GeForce FX 5200 256mb using the latest Omega drivers
    SoundBlaster Audigy2 ZS

Okay I have a bug "really" yes. It's in the sea battles, I was having this really prolonged fight with 2 French ships and winning, but I kept getting told I was leaving the combat area when I was slap bang in the middle of the map, also I was kicking French arse but kept getting told I was doomed and about to be annihilated. Talk about negative vibes.

To "land" in Denmark you have to go through Norway.

Originally Posted by BatSkinny
    Anyhoo, one possible error might be that when playing as England, I couldn't land troops anywhere in Denmark (not Norway). Regardless of the sea zone I was in or what I did (even when I was in Hannover). Wouldn't let me try it at all... So? I also ran into this in a couple of other areas too. Might just be me.

You can only make landings on areas that have wharves. Thats why you can't land on Normandy beach East of Falaise.

I also get the black screen sometimes after finishing a battle It loaded back to the Strat map then a sea battle loading screen came up and started loading when that finished black screeen. I had to Ctrl + alt and shutdown IG from desktop. I think it was the computer getting upset cause I spanked him so bad he had me out numbered 2 -1 and I ended up losing 20 lancers and 2 grenadiers to his 9 howitzers and 300 Light infantry.

Now I'll have to fight it all over again!

Or at least that's waht I have to do

dxdiag

i hope this helps.

System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 5/22/2005, 18:45:39
    Machine name: GM-N24JH8F3O3FO
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) (2600.xpclient.010817-1148)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: INTELR
    System Model: AWRDACPI
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Page File: 170MB used, 2291MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0904 32bit Unicode

------------
    DxDiag Notes
    ------------
    DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
    Display Tab 1: The file ati2dvag.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
    Music Tab: No problems found.
    Input Tab: No problems found.
    Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
    DirectX Debug Levels
    --------------------
    Direct3D: 0/4 (n/a)
    DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
    DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
    DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
    DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
    DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
    DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: RADEON 9600 Series (DNA-ATi 3.9.5.4)
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip type: ATI RADEON 9600 Series AGP (0x4152)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4152&SUBSYS_7C291545&REV_00
    Display Memory: 256.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 720 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
    Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
    Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6525 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 3/22/2005 23:01:17, 225280 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: No
    WHQL Date Stamp: None
    VDD: n/a
    Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys
    Mini VDD Date: 3/22/2005 23:00:57, 1034752 bytes
    Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-0212-11CF-886F-235CA1C2CB35}
    Vendor ID: 0x1002
    Device ID: 0x4152
    SubSys ID: 0x7C291545
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    Video Accel:
    Deinterlace Caps: n/a
    Registry: OK
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Not Available
    DDraw Test Result: Not run
    D3D7 Test Result: Not run
    D3D8 Test Result: Not run
    D3D9 Test Result: Not run

-------------
    Sound Devices
    -------------
    Description: Realtek AC97 Audio
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_1022147B&REV_02
    Manufacturer ID: 65535
    Product ID: 65535
    Type: WDM
    Driver Name: ALCXWDM.SYS
    Driver Version: 5.10.0000.5350 (English)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    Date and Size: 10/9/2003 06:52:08, 475788 bytes
    Other Files:
    Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
    HW Accel Level: Full
    Cap Flags: 0xF5F
    Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 192000
    Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 33, 32
    Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 33, 32
    HW Memory: 0
    Voice Management: Yes
    EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
    I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: Yes, Yes
    Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No
    Registry: OK
    Sound Test Result: Not run