Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last

Thread: Bug reporting thread

Bug reporting thread

Bug reporting thread

Please post all bugs you've found in the full game in this thread. This will give Pyro a good overview of the found bugs, and allows them to make a patch asap, without having to do unnecessary diggin' work.

Please don't post something just like "the game crashed" but also if this crash was bound to a certain action in the game (f.e. charging enemy Horse Artillery with your Hussars, just to name something.)

Thanks!

BUG - Naval Battles Crash

Hi all,

I just picked up the game and I'm really impressed!

However, I've experienced a MAJOR BUG in the game while playing any naval battles.
    If I attempt to play any naval battles, the game will start to 'hesitate' periodically. For instance: once it's all loaded and you see the start of the battle (see your ship, etc.) ... the game will hesitate (like a CD skipping) for a split second or two, then go back to normal. After a few times, it will just totally freeze up my computer! Once it's frozen, an annoying buzz/humm can be heard from my speakers.

I can't even switch windows, or do ctrl-alt-del to access the task manager, etc. The computer TOTALLY FREEZES, so I always have to reboot.

I've tried everything in the options too! I've tried disabling some options, adjusting them (one at a time) and no luck at all.

By default, my options are:
    Resolution: 1024x768
    Color Depth: 32
    Shadows: Yes
    Weather Effects: Yes
    Animation Quality: High
    Animation Interpolation: Yes
    Particle Level: High
    Filter: Trilinear
    Full Alpha Blending: Yes
    Verticle Sync: Yes
    Pixel Shaded Water: Yes

------------
    I've tried turning off Pixel Shaded Water, and still ... the same thing. Also tried turning Vsync off, and put it on bilinear filtering, and still no joy.
    I've even tried playing it at the most basic graphics mode, and still it does the same thing.

I've disabled all software in the background from running (i.e. antivirus, etc.) and still no luck at all!

Everything else works fine and works like a charm.

Anyone else have this problem // can help me out with this? It'd be a pain in the behind if I can't play the game cuz of this.

Here's the specs of my computer in case you need this (moderator / tech support people) copied and pasted (and shortened) from the DX Diagnostics report:

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 5/19/2005, 18:51:33
    Machine name: LIQUID
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: n/a
    System Model: n/a
    BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.0
    Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Page File: 350MB used, 2114MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 6800 GT
    Display Memory: 256.0 MB

-------------
    Sound Devices
    -------------
    Description: SB Audigy 2 Audio [FF40]

this is more like a technical issue than a game bug. Usually a game bug does not freeze computer or make program run abnormally. But ya, it might be caused by the game.

Exclamation

First I would like to say. Looks like a great game! But I wish I could play the land battles. I got the game today so I tried the land battle tutorial then it went to loading screen. Red bar moving and all is fine. When my computer reboots. Thinking maybe I should reboot and try again, but same thing. I did get one of the Historic battles to load but it rebooted when I was moving around looking at the map. I tried to take all the options off but same thing.

Thanks..

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 5/19/2005, 20:22:32
    Machine name: MYCOMPUTER
    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: n/a
    System Model: n/a
    BIOS: Award Medallion BIOS v6.0
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz
    Memory: 512MB RAM
    Page File: 370MB used, 495MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Uni

Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: RADEON 9600 SERIES
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip type: ATI RADEON 9600 Series AGP (0x4150)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4150&SUBSYS_00021002&REV_00
    Display Memory: 128.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Default Monitor

Sound Devices
    -------------
    Description: SB Live! Audio [FF80]
    Default Sound Playback: Yes
    Default Voice Playback: Yes
    Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_80641102&REV_07
    Manufacturer ID: 1
    Product ID: 100
    Type: WDM
    Driver Name: ctaud2k.sys
    Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0252 (English)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    WHQL Logo'd: No
    Date and Size: 7/19/2002 10:47:52, 837548 bytes
    Other Files:
    Driver Provider: Creative
    HW Accel Level: Basic
    Cap Flags: 0xF5F
    Min/Max Sample Rate: 4000, 191999
    Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0
    Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
    HW Memory: 0
    Voice Management: No
    EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
    I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
    Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No
    Registry: OK

Same here. it crashes the system when there is hand to hand fighting or just a lot of commotion. I have an SLI setup of 6800 gt's 2gb of ram Athlon 64 4K+ a raid array and I'm having the problem so it has to be the game. Granted the nVidia drivers for the 6800's are sketchy right now, but the game is definitely triggering a crash/freeze whatever you want to call it. My two cents.

Originally Posted by andycmda
    this is more like a technical issue than a game bug. Usually a game bug does not freeze computer or make program run abnormally. But ya, it might be caused by the game.
    I think it has to do with the game. I have NEVER had any problems with any other game (i.e. Half-life 2, Brothers in Arms, Call of Duty + exp, BF Vietnam, Rome Total War, NFS Underground 2, Doom 3, MOH Pacific Assault).

All of these games that I own have no problem at all and they all run really well.

Maybe I'll try rolling back the NVIDIA drivers to the older release.

I hope they come out with a patch soon... the land battles work perffectly for me and they look really good!

For the moderator / Eidos ppl - here's a suggestion for the patch:
    - include a 'rotate' regiment/unit button (i.e. like in Rome Total War, you could use the keys "," or "." to rotate your regiment left or right
    - include a key that shows how the regiments will look like upon completion of their movement order(s) (i.e. in Rome Total War it was "spacebar" i believe that showed where all units would end up (their formation, etc.).

Originally Posted by Repulse
    First I would like to say. Looks like a great game! But I wish I could play the land battles. I got the game today so I tried the land battle tutorial then it went to loading screen. Red bar moving and all is fine. When my computer reboots. Thinking maybe I should reboot and try again, but same thing. I did get one of the Historic battles to load but it rebooted when I was moving around looking at the map. I tried to take all the options off but same thing.
    Update your video drivers to Cat 5.5 - this was a known issue on Cat 5.3/5.4 driver but ATI fixed the issue in their new driver

Thumbs Up

Thanks for the help!! It is working now !!! I saw that update on the forums but thought it was for the new 800 card not the 9600 card. Oh well thanks again..

I was really looking forward to this game, but I can't keep it running without locking up. I have tried at least 10 times now to get the quick battles on land and in the sea wroking. After a couple of minutes the game freezes on me. I can't get out of it, escape, kill Windows XP. I have to reboot the PC to get out of it. I have the following hardware

Dell PC running pentium 2.8
    Radeon 9700 pro
    1024MB memory
    Audigy 2 soundcard.

I have all the latest drivers for the graphics card, Windows XP and soundcard. What can I do to get this game working?

Im having problems with the sound.. crackling noises etc.. Its really bugging me. Ive tried new drivers for my Soundblaster live card. No joy.

Guys, guys, guys, please take this very good home-remedy advice from BANANAMAN : DELETE and get the Service Pack2 OUT from your pc: Service Pack2 has this very nasty urge of BLOCKING programs on your pc. Use your recovery (red) diskette if you have one (Attention !!!!!! -->> read instructions FIRST how to use the recovery diskette before use).

Again: it's just an advice, you dont have to follow it though.

Originally Posted by BANANAMAN
    Guys, guys, guys, please take this very good home-remedy advice from BANANAMAN : DELETE and get the Service Pack2 OUT from your pc: Service Pack2 has this very nasty urge of BLOCKING programs on your pc. Use your recovery (red) diskette if you have one (Attention !!!!!! -->> read instructions FIRST how to use the recovery diskette before use).

Again: it's just an advice, you dont have to follow it though.
    point is, you shouldn't have to downgrade that far just to play a BRAND NEW GAME LOL.

Like imagine when Doom 3 and HL-2 came out, and it didnt work, and the only way to make it work was to get rid of XP and put back Windows 98 on ...

Doesn't make any sense.

BTW, i tried installing Imperial Glory on my Athlon XP 1800+ system, put all my new hardware on it (also tried it with the crappy GF4 Ti 4600) with XP (non-SP2) and it still did the same thing. Tried installing it on another friend's computer who has the ATI X600 and latest drivers, and he has the same problems as others have mentioned above with ATI cards.

Looks like a software problem.

Not sure if this is a bug or ?

First off, I want to say that I wish I wouldn't have bought this game. I mean, I started playing it yesterday afternoon and found my poor eyes straining to stay open at 6 in the morning.

Anyhoo, one possible error might be that when playing as England, I couldn't land troops anywhere in Denmark (not Norway). Regardless of the sea zone I was in or what I did (even when I was in Hannover). Wouldn't let me try it at all... So? I also ran into this in a couple of other areas too. Might just be me.

Also, the restore for units. Didn't work regardless of what I did and there's nothing in either the site, manual or manual from the installation disc that addresssed that. Any ideas?

There are a few other issues but those are mostly patch related problems. Other than that, I had no problems with graphics, lock ups, sound or other issues. And though there are some tweaks the game does need, it still looks like a wonderful game!

Originally Posted by wolfetone

Also, the restore for units. Didn't work regardless of what I did and there's nothing in either the site, manual or manual from the installation disc that addresssed that. Any ideas?
    Yeah, how do you retrain / restore damaged units?!?!?!

To get around that, I just make more of the same unit types and combine them to each other, and the left overs get sent back to be garisoned somewhere till i can throw em in somewhere else.

:|

Originally Posted by LiQuiD_PaRaDoX
    Yeah, how do you retrain / restore damaged units?!?!?!

To get around that, I just make more of the same unit types and combine them to each other, and the left overs get sent back to be garisoned somewhere till i can throw em in somewhere else.

Me too, but I had a few units with a lot of experience and I hate losing that everytime because I can only use new units... (otherwise a unit would simply get eliminated due to attrition).

you need to build a military hospital, it works for me, anyway sometimes after i win a battle, the screen just goes black and the game freezes, i can still see the in game mouse icon though, just a black screen with no sound

Originally Posted by krazed
    you need to build a military hospital, it works for me, anyway sometimes after i win a battle, the screen just goes black and the game freezes, i can still see the in game mouse icon though, just a black screen with no sound
    I've completed the medical quest and have local hospitals in every territory of mine.

Is the military hospital the upgraded version of the 'local hospital' ?? if so, then i dont have it yet cuz im still in the first page of the stuff you can research

its in the second era, after modern hospital

Originally Posted by krazed
    its in the second era, after modern hospital
    Does anyone know the name of the specific Tech that allows you to build the Military Hospital? And also, is it Autocratic only, because I don't think I see it in my (Democratic) Tech Tree.

spains unit flags

In my game Spain has the same flag as the Tunisian one, and my game also crashes after a land battle as the english against the french,

Just got the game yesterday, I think it's awesome but I'm a big fan of the period. Anyway, My bug is in the diplomacy screen, I offer food (or whatever) to someone in return for money, click the send button and the reply scroll appears but it's empty and the game crashes , this doesn't happen all the time but is fairly frequent. I could just blow up all of the other countries rather than being diplomatic but I am not an american.

Bug or Poor Pathfinding?

Sometimes one or more of my squads will stop marching on the way to their final destination as if they have forgotten where they are going. I will have to click on them and reissue movement orders to get them going again.

This seems to happen more often when the units are moving through rough but not impassable terrain. It occurs when troops are in the open too but not as often.

It is a bit annoying when you take the time to set up a nice battle line only to have it fall apart when moving forward to engage the enemy.

Camera Bug

Camera Bug: occured on map Brandenburg

Occured in 2 of 2 battles on that map.
    The camera went crazy and did infinite vertical 360degree movement.
    I was not able to control the camera anymore.

The bug was only on that single map so far..

Originally Posted by Gorasonas
    Camera Bug: occured on map Brandenburg

Occured in 2 of 2 battles on that map.
    The camera went crazy and did infinite vertical 360degree movement.
    I was not able to control the camera anymore.

The bug was only on that single map so far..
    Had since that once myself, but couldnt repeat. I was able to recover the camera by moving the mouse to edge of screen to `counter` the spin

Still having problems

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Update your video drivers to Cat 5.5 - this was a known issue on Cat 5.3/5.4 driver but ATI fixed the issue in their new driver
    Had the same problem as the other people, but when I installed this Cat 5.5 the game coudn't start at all! Is there someone who knows what to do? I want to play this game and I want it now!

Sys. specs:
    AMD Athlon 2700+
    512 MB RAM
    ATI Radeon 9600Pro

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... Last