Thread: Quick advice please - Who delivers quickest?

Quick advice please - Who delivers quickest?

Exclamation Quick advice please - Who delivers quickest?

Hi everyone,

I usually order on-line off Gameplay.com and they always manage to get the game to me by the relase day (usually Friday) or sometimes earlier (Wednesday or Thursday) depending on when they get there stock in and how quick the post is at the time.

BUT - Play.com has a really good offer - IG for £17.99.

My question is - Can anyone let me know if they have used Play.com and do they manage to get the game to you by the release date.

Gameplay.com actually quote that if you order by a certain cut-off time that you will receive it by the release date or earlier and they have never let me down but i know Play.com has a good reputation as well but i have not used them and wonder how quick they are.

Appreciate anyones help or advice in these precious countdown moments to Friday.

They had better not change the release date this close to IG day. I can almost taste the gunpowder. We must keep those pesky french from our shores ( UK obviously)

Just wondering, i order most of my games off play.com, but where did you find the pay an extra £1 and get first class delivery, can't find it anywhere?

Rolleyes

Hi ReCoiL,

You are correct. Sorry about that. Got confused because i order off so many different sites depending on what is in stock.

Play.com doesn't charge a £1 for first class delivery.

It is Gameplay.com that requires the extra for quick delivery.

I have edited my initial post to correct my mistake.

By the way - if you read this in time - could you let me know if they usually get your games to you by the release date - or is it usually 1 or 2 days later.

Np mate. Usually when i pre-order games off play.com, which has only been one of two i get them either before the day of release or on the actualy day of release, but im think it will only happen with imperial glory if my order gets processed tommorow. Hopefully that will be the case cause i wanna play!!! I gotta work at the weekend so i dont want it to come on saturday.

Games are like drugs

Thanks for the info ReCoiL,

I am going to order my copy in a moment and i think i will take a chance with Play.com.

Gameplay.com costs £10 more in this instance and like you i hope i get the game soon, as i can't wait either.

Playing games is like drugs - seriously - it is always the next fix that counts.
    Played through all the recant big titles like Half Life 2, Doom 3 and Empire Earth 2 etc and now IG is next. This game will hopefully have a lot more depth then your average PC title. Fingers crossed they don't mess it up.

Well bud, looks like my order might get here by friday (the day of release in UK) cause my order is processing now and they usually post it the same day as when it gets processed and i mean what a bargin at £17.99. Play.com gotta be one of the best places to buy games.

Seriously i can't wait for this game though... i loved RTW, but i prefer the Napolionic era so much better as i think battles are more intense and that anyone who can stand in a line and wait to get shot has some serious balls.

Anway if the royal mail is quick enough hopefully it'll be here by friday!!

Play.com

Posted on 18/05/2005 and a bargain @ 17.99

Looks like it will be here tomorrow normal service for me from Play.com is next day

God your soooo lucky, i usually get mine on the third day after its been posted, so it would be friday since mine just got posted. You must live close to where they post in something, cause next day delivery that is very quick!

Smile

YYYEEEAAAGGGHHH,

Mine is in the post too - got the e-mail from Play.com earlier today.

Maybe i could intercept the post office van and demand my game off him.

God! - I am so sad - I will probably get up 7 a.m. tomorrow morning and sit in front of my post box praying the postal service is super quick this time. (I am not working this week - what a coincidence)

If any of you guys get yours early maybe you could pull yourselves away from the game for a few minutes to post your initial impressions here.

It looks like i will be using Play.com from now on - Goodbye Gameplay.com

So Play.com is considered a reliable source then right?

*Has just had a bad experience on EBay and doesn't wish to repeat it any time soon*

Play.com is VERY reliable. Everyone game i have ordered )which is about 9 or 10 from them) has been processed the same day (unless a pre-order) and posted the same day it was ordered. Then it always arrives usually on the 3rd day unless the 3rd day is a sunday in which it arrives the monday after. Trust me you cant go wrong with play.com.

Exclamation

Just remembered why i haven't used Play.com much - They are based in the Jersey islands.

It is why they can offer such good prices - no UK vat tax or some such angle.

BUT - Post has to travel a little further and this can delay the delivery slightly and could take the full 3-5 days that they quote.

I will not mind in this instance since they are £10 chaper then a lot of other places but if the price difference was lower i would probably stick with Gameplay.com since i have ordered loads off them and i usually receive my game a day earlier then the release day and on rare occasions 2 days earlier -they are really that quick.

I shall wait and see and if my game should arrive tomorrow i will eat my words or my e-mail anyway.

Originally Posted by ReCoiL
    Play.com is VERY reliable. Everyone game i have ordered )which is about 9 or 10 from them) has been processed the same day (unless a pre-order) and posted the same day it was ordered. Then it always arrives usually on the 3rd day unless the 3rd day is a sunday in which it arrives the monday after. Trust me you cant go wrong with play.com.
    Excellent! Off I go!

(So much for revision eh? )

Play has posted mine today, which means even if it does take 3 days, I'll still have it by the weekend, I'd be annoyed if it came after the weekend. Agh! Don't say revision, I really need to do some more but it's so so dull.