Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, Halloween is just around the corner....

Way cool Thats just amazing dude. I really love the claw Hands you made very cool.

Wow. That's awesome! I know I am just repeating it, but it is! Man, congratulations and can't wait to see the full on costumes. I assume you are also doing like a body cast, then, for Kain? (meaning your body cast, then added to with the same work as the face mask got)

yep, doing a body cast, then making a body suit... currently, I am working on the feet. It is proving to be difficult, but I am confident it will turn out good.

I really wish you the best of luck dude =)

You know, you could make a massive fortune if you opened-up shop. No-where I know has a shop where you walk in, get measued up, and you have a totally custom and totally realistic video game costume!

wow. thats awesome. cant wait to see the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by thedownward_spiral
    yep, doing a body cast, then making a body suit... currently, I am working on the feet. It is proving to be difficult, but I am confident it will turn out good.

Fegive me if you have had this befor dude, But wont it be a bit restricking wearing a bodysuite. or are you making it out a rubber instead of plaster.

First things first hats off to you for conquering this daunting task... second off everything looks amazing so far and third i must say in this picture http://www.sorrowind.net/laboratory/turelfoam%20(2).JPG i like how colussus is rocking out in the backround all by his lonesome lol

why would I make a body suit out of plaster? it will be made of a light weight foam material.

And yes.. colossus loves rocking out

working on kain's ears now...

just wondering, what are you gonna use for hair?
    -Raziel: [to Elder God] "I'm beginning to think the vampires committed suicide only to escape your singing!"
    -Kain: [after failing to paint the Mona Lisa] "I always was considered artless!" (both improvised )

at the effects shop, they sell hair in yards... we're gonna get that..

Lt. Armor

That's really cool. Are you working with clay and then going to vacuform it or what?

I wish.. that's just clay, and hours of smoothing with a knife

Very smooth work there. Just as an advice, wouldn't some kind of foam or rubber be better than clay? I think you won't be able to give it as much detail as you do with clay, but you'll make it wearable.

Quote Originally Posted by thedownward_spiral

WOW IM SPEECH LESS.

Wow, that's REALLY poor armor. But you're doing a great job remaking it.

no no no.. u have to make the armor out of clay first, then cast it with plaster... then you pour the stuff in that u want it to be made out of....

we are making it out of fiberglass

Quote Originally Posted by BigKevSexyMan
    With all due respect, I'd like to see you do better

Quote Originally Posted by BigKevSexyMan
    I'm sure he meant another thing and stated it wrong. He didn't mean poor about the work itself, but about the armor design, which provides no real protection at all.

Nope, i think it was meant as a diss

It could be taken as a dis, but I think it wasn't intended that way. I don't think so... ?

Awesome work, by the way. You're very skilled from what I see; and considering some of us here -cough- couldn't pull off decent ceramics in highschool, I applaude you.

So, after it's made, what do you intend to do with it?
    I know! Wear it to a Ren Faire! Go in costume!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast