Thread: My new neighbors make Star Wars

Big Grin My new neighbors make Star Wars

I live in San Francisco across the street from the Presidio. The Presidio use to be an Army base but a few years ago it was changed into a national park. One of the conditions for it becoming a national park was for it to be "financially self sufficient". So for the last couple of years, as I sit at my computer and look out my window, I've been watching the Presidio make the Letterman Digital Arts Center (LDAC). LDAC main new resident will George Lucas and all of his film/game/special effects companies. You can read more about Mr. Lucas and his new digs here.

Maybe I'll run into George at one of the local bars.

maniac, you live "close" to me. I'm in Gilroy.

Isn't that place cool? I saw pics in the latest issue of Wired magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewel
    maniac, you live "close" to me. I'm in Gilroy.
    I know your area well. I spent a year in Salinas helping a friend start a T-Shirt printing business. I once went to one of your Garlic Festivals, and reeked for weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by maniac44

Maybe I'll run into George at one of the local bars.
    if you do run into George ask him if he's still thinking about one more Indiana Jones movie. please? I know what are the odds? then again......

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by johnbegone
    if you do run into George ask him if he's still thinking about one more Indiana Jones movie. please? I know what are the odds? then again......

I know for sure that he and Spielberg are working on another Indiana Jones film. Don't know when it will be ready, though.

Interesting neighborhood there.

About Indy - I read somewhere that they are indeed going to be making another one and Harrison Ford will be in it.
    I saw him in one of those old detective/new detective buddy movies(made in '02 -I don't remember the name) on HBO, I think, a few nights ago, and was really surprised he did not go the Hollywood route of plastic surgery as he was showing his age. I'm sure the script will suit him and be written for an older Indy but I think he will be using a stunt double more than ever.
    The movie was actually funny with a slapstick chase ending sequence but disconcerting to see how old he is, and by extension, I am, because I sure do remember a young Indy and a very young Han Solo....(sigh) lol

yeah I was pretty shocked when I saw this .

There seem to be alot of sequels in the works right now
    Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
    Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
    Spider-Man 3
    X-Men 3
    Shrek 3
    Pirates of the Caribbean 2 and 3
    and the list goes on and on

between that, remakes, and and comic spin-offs I don't think there are that many other movies out there this summer. I wonder if all the creative talent in Hollywood has dried up.

On a side note I've been liking alot of the British movies I have been seeing. I know there are alot U.K. people here. What are your thoughts?

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by maniac44
    I know your area well. I spent a year in Salinas helping a friend start a T-Shirt printing business. I once went to one of your Garlic Festivals, and reeked for weeks.
    My sis used to live in Salinas. She still works there. now she lices 15 minutes south of there in Gonzales.

As for reeking...I believe it! You eat too much garlic-laden food and it gets in your pores! I remember, before they closed down the tomato canning plant, that come June when they started to harvest the garlic the whole valley would smell like a huge pot of spaghetti sauce. Delicious!