Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: TR Legend Suggestions Thread

Arrow TR Legend Suggestions Thread

Okay folks, we want to hear from you! I can't guarantee we'll do everything you want, but I know the devs will see it at least, and hear what you have to say. enjoy!

Mike, I can't say how delighted I am with things. Suggestions? Perhaps after I've played it. Thanks for giving us our Lara back.

Actually, I do have a suggestion! There could have been another full game sequel to TR1 made from the original engine. There could have been another full game sequel to TR2 from the TR2 engine. There could have been another TWO full game sequels made from the TR3 engine. Here's my suggestion - stuff what the 'same old thing' prophets of doom whisper from the shadows of their dreary tombs and give us plenty of Raiding between Legend and the next engine being developed.

Cool You asked for my opinions: ;) This is to start...

*Style. Well, I guess I want a wardrobe worthy of Lara Croft. She's a rich and classy adventurer, after all, and should look like it.

This should be included at least!

*Character. I also want her to have an attitude adjustment, no more snarky rude slings, but more witty and intelligent repartee. "Mind the bell" was good, "Busy girl, got to go" was not. I liked the first and second voices a lot.

*Choice. TR3 was good because we were given lush large open areas with sereral ways of traversing them. I would like to make a few choices now and again.

*Exploring. I want to be able to climb up on everything, try to push stuff around, and generally have freedom. I want to do it myself!

***No Dumbing Down. No Helping Hand.***

In tr3, in the sub base, I spent a few hours sussing out how to get to the control tower in the warehouse. I was looking forward very much to shooting the bloke running the crane, I can tell you. But when I got there a cut scene did it all for me and even pressed the switch that opened the gates. I remember feeling so cheated.

Don't nick all the juicy bits from us!!

It seemes almost sure that the AOD storyline will be abandoned, so I have some sugestions:

- Bring back Lara's Home!

- I miss the "Story so far..." from TR2 and 3...and I'm sure it won't be too hard to be included!

- The best storyline ever in a Tomb Raider, full of surprises and twists, I like that.

- Please, don't make CG's like the ones in Angel of Darkness! That quality wasn-t acceptable for a Tomb Raider game!

- Some great puzzles, harder than in AOD...I miss being stuck in a puzzle from a Tomb Raider game, lol!

- I don't want to see Lara in this game, like we see AJ in the movies...I mean, she seems like James Bond, she does everything without being hurt...but from the trailer, it seems like she got somre really unrealistic moves, but this really doesn't care too much.

- It would be great to see Lara to interact more with the environment around her to get out from some dangerous situations, wouldn't be?

Good luck to complete this game, I hope you don't rush it, take the time you need and release the game when you see it's ready, cause the game needs some old fans to come back, and maybe, some new fans!

Please make this the best action/adventure game ever made, I now you can do it!

I'd like to see Lara's Home back in the game. Even if it's not part of
    the training area it would still be nice for it to be there as many TR fans
    know they always after the game went around the mansion after playing.
    Also the story so far was a great option that's also gone. You were
    able to see all the cut scenes or FMV's you completed through the game.
    Finally the cornerbug. People love the cornerbug for the mansion and in
    the game it was just a fun thing people loved to find in the game.

1. BIG open areas
    2. Exploring

3. Secrets ("Pling")
    4. No easy/short game
    5. No AJ/Bond stuff - we play Lara
    6. Not so many "modern City" levels

That's what I hope to get and not.

Edit: A RND-area level would fine.

Lightbulb

I get such a kick out of the idea of the developers reading this thread, musing over some of the comments and going "yup, done that" .... "done that" .... "I wonder if it's too late to do that" .... "so glad we didn't do that" ...

I think sneaky moves are a lot of fun. Those that aren't referred to in the manual, but that you find out by accidentally pressing, oh, say, the walk and jump buttons together. New ones would be cool, but the old ones can't be beaten. I really liked that forward-somersault-off-a-ledge move from Chronicles...

Anyway, happy developing. And I will be happy playing.

Cool

I give a second "YES!" for Secrets! *Pling!*
    I also give another vote for a Home level, and I also enjoy very much Lara's special moves, handstand, swandive, summersault-on-the-ground-or-off things....

Arrow Re: TR Legend Suggestions Thread

I would suggest to improve the face textures. There are some screenshots that show a very ugly Lara.

Also, I noticed she's not hanging right her pistols: they are "flying". And there's a grenade that appears in the place of one of her pistols.

Finally, this is not a dev suggestion, but it would be great if Crystal Dynamics released Lara Croft's 3D model, or something like that to make our own wallpapers and postcards.

Thanks for this thread, Mike!

Here are a few thoughts on what I personally believe helps to make Tomb Raider so special.

1) The Character

Lara Croft is a character we all fell in love with. Lara is Lara. She walks a certain way, makes little grunts when she runs into walls, her bones crumple after a fall, she jumps sideways while firing her weapons, etc. Her personality is incredibly important.

2) The Levels

From TR1 to TR6, every Tomb Raider level was huge. The thrill of exploration and discovery was delicious. Tomb Raider is about adventure and being left to explore and solve the puzzles yourself, it isn't about being herded like cattle.

3) Where in any of the original games do we find Lara interacting with characters in cut scenes with boring dialogues? We don't. It is totally out of character for the whole Tomb Raider experience. Cut scenes between levels are fine, but I don't think Raiders particularly want to wander around backstreets chatting to prostitutes.

4) From TR1 to TR6, although there are many changes, some things remained constant throughout. Large and small medi paks, double pistols etc. These were all a part of the Tomb Raider experience which was so loved. Who gives a damn about chocolate bars? Give us our medi paks and other familiar inventory items back!

5) The music from Tomb Raider has been nothing short of breath taking. Who will ever forget the adrenaline rush as the Atlantean Stronghold music kicked in when you encountered the TRex in the original game? Or when they first wandered into the pool area in the City of Vilcabamba? The Tomb raider atmosphere was perfected by such thoughtful placing of appropriate musical scores.

6) The secret sound is a much loved, fundamental, integral part of the Tomb Raider experience. Give us our secrets back. And a bonus level for finding them all would be a nice touch.

Conclusion:

There is a vast cross section of gamers, and not every game will appeal to every gamer. Tomb Raider appealed to doctors, lawyers, milkmen, oil workers, labourers, politicians, retired professional men and women, educated and intelligent people of all ages. Don't target 12 to 14 year olds and the PlayStation market. If you get some of that market, fine, that's a bonus, but Tomb Raider has an established following and they are loyal. Don't sell them out to try to make a quick buck by jumping into bed with Hollywood. If Hollywood don't like our Lara the way she is, tell them to beat it.

Cool

Well said, GeorgeMaciver.

I would like to see what happened to Kurtis Trent. Is he dead?

As for Kurtis Trent and the AOD story continuation, could Eidos please have someone write an official novel so we are not left hanging. Although some people didn't like AOD, lots of people loved it. Another game might not be a smart move but please finish the story.

As for Legend:
    Secrets yes! but please let there be a point to getting them like in TR3 - not like in TR4.
    Lara's house training level - yes bring it back!
    Story so far - yes! It was great watching story so far in TR2 & TR3 and a disappointment when that option was no longer available in the later games.
    Lara's voice - please DO NOT change it again, that's just ridiculous. When you change a character's voice you change the character. If they don't like TR4 - 6 (which is my preference) at least use TR2 & 3 voice.
    Although I am an adult player, I prefer the game on playstation so please set the controls up similar to TR1-5 not like TR6 (it just gets confusing when you play TR6 and then go back to play one of the older games).
    Challenging puzzles yes but lets not go overboard like with Brother Obscura
    No going back between levels like in TR4 - that was just was just confuzing and made that section of the game drag on.
    No hand icon popping up on the screen to tell you to open a door.
    I liked the notebook idea though.
    More TR1 style levels, TR3 jungle style levels and TR4 tomb/pyramid style levels. I don't mind Lara running around in cities but make it a minimum.
    The new character design is great so please don't change that.
    An excellent story-line but please don't make it a "first installment" because I don't want to be left hanging if they "pull the plug".

My suggestions

Secrets (bling!).......yes! Secrets should be found only by the careful examination of the explorer. All secrets found should result in a reward.......preferably a bonus level.

Lara's home........yes! I loved exploring the house. She's rich, so make it a big one.

Kurtis or some other companion........no! Lara has always been quite capable on her own. Having some help (like the monks at Barkhang) was great, but not Kurtis.......that fondling scene was too much!

Lara's voice........preferably from TR2 (was that Judith Gibbons?)

Special moves........yes! I love the headstand!

Pickups......make them logical.........there will be medpacks or Uzis on a soldier's body........but not in a tomb. You find artifacts in a tomb. Let her start out from her house with supplies and replenish them along the way.

The music......it should use the original TR theme in some way.........where's Nathan McCree?

If Lara is idle too long (due to our indecision or whatever) let her exercise or stretch or something. Maybe she could look at us and say, "What are you waiting for?"

Lara's personality.........lets see some variable facial expressions....surely that is possible now? Playing TR has always been about getting immersed in the experience. I still remember the first time I let Lara die........I felt as though I had let the side down. Have Lara talk to us as we make the journey, cautioning us about possible traps ahead or preparing us for the next objective or discoursing about the history of the place (The commentary could be placed in a notebook if essential to the quest). Maybe she could even call us by name, woohoo! Talk about the ultimate immersive experience! Wouldn't it be cool for Lara to look you in the eye just before a loooong jump and say, "Are you ready?"

Don't target the game for the mostly young players....there has to be a huge and loyal fan base of all ages........just look at how long and strong the (relatively antiquated) LE has been going. Forget the media critics and Hollywood........I believe this will be the most anticipated release in gaming history!

Cool

If Lara is idle too long (due to our indecision or whatever) let her exercise or stretch or something.
    I am quite sure that is just what those 3D Screenshots show.

What a great idea! It's nice to know you're "Listening" to us.

Levels - Big, giant levels we can explore and "relax" in. Just jump about to see what we can find. Climb, roll, whatever. Just something to have fun in. Or make that Lara's Mansion!

Lara - Keep Jonell's voice. She brought an essence and likeness to Lara's voice. If you keep her I'll give you a penny, LoL!

Moves - As long as the Handstand and Swan Dive are kept, include whatever else you want!

Extra characters - To please everyone just have a nod to the AOD storyline. Maybe mention what happens, which brings me to my next idea.

More levels - If there is an optional Training Mode, much like the mansion from the first three, maybe make it a choice. One option being the mansion, the other being a continuation of AOD. A few levels to get you into it, completing the storyline to make everyone happy? Or continue the storyline

That was all I really wanted, maybe a some better hand-to-hand ombat, no RPG stuff etc.

Wait, bring out a demo! (Or the full game earlier!)

Quote Originally Posted by Laraman
    Wait, bring out a demo! (Or the full game earlier!)

What about this.........for the demo, release Lara's mansion as a demo/training level. Let everybody try out the moves and see the scenery. This will create a fever-pitch of anticipation (like there isn't one already, huh) and result in lots of pre-release publicity. 'Course, this assumes the game will be everything we hope for.........a buggy demo would kill Legend.

In AOD you had two menus. It didn't work. One menu is enough. Having two separate menus, especially ones that take forever to scroll through to find what you're looking for, absolutely ruin the atmosphere and gameplay. Short cut keys to change weapons and save and load games and use medipaks would be brilliant for gameplay. When you're in a tomb and your adrenaline is up, the last thing you want is to go hunting for stuff hidden in layers of confusing menus.

PEOPLE, I got only one word.

KURTIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that's it. I hate being "hanged around". Just let them spill out of Kurtis' condition, what became of him, and may continue. I would like to see Kurtis, in new graphics. I hate his GOATEE :P

TheBoo! What a brilliant idea for the demo! I'd have never thought of that.

BTW another suggestion:

The red arrows - if these are to indicate where enemies or destructable scenery etc. are, please make that an optional thing. I don' want to know where enemies or destructable objects are, I want to figure that out for myself!

Arrow

I would like to know what happened between The Last Revelation and Angel of Darkness, and how Lara managed to survive from the tomb.

I think a brief intro would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ELEN
    I would like to know what happened between The Last Revelation and Angel of Darkness, and how Lara managed to survive from the tomb.

I think a brief intro would be nice.
    Hi Elen, that is covered in an Eidos-official novel titled the Amulet of Power, a must read for any Lara fan. I picked up my copy nice and cheap from Ebay.

I'm really hoping Lara's Mansion will make it's return in this game... That'd be great.
    (I've noticed this seems to be among the most requested things to return in Legend... Hopefully we'll see it back again -- Bigger and better than ever)

It would also be cool if you could pick Lara's wardrobe, in some way. Outfit changes have always been cool in TR... TR3 had a good variety of outfits, but it'd be awesome if you could pick where she wears them.

Hand To Hand Combat rocks -- It's already been hinted that this will be back in some way in TRL... I did like the way she fought in AOD, but it's a bit stupid, for lack of a better word, that you're only pushing one button to do all these different moves. Maybe Lara can go in and out of a fighting mode or something, so you can use the other buttons to do different actions.

Lots and lots of Guns
    Big guns, small guns... the Rocket Launchers, Uzis, The harpoon gun would be nice, heh... not too powerful but I do like that it works underwater. The Desert Eagle, maybe even a few new ones... You could never have too many.
    (I'd mention her dual pistols.... but yeah we already know those will be back)

I like the idea of her clothes getting dirty... very nice addition... Of course I haven't seen it in action, so I can't really say much else.

Then of course, I'd love to see the exploration aspect back in the game... This is probably why AOD was generally disliked among Tomb Raider Fans, there were really no huge levels to explore, it just wasn't as adventurous as past Tomb Raider games.

Overall, I must say I'm impressed by what I've seen... Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMaciver
    Here are a few thoughts on what I personally believe helps to make Tomb Raider so special.

1) The Character

Lara Croft is a character we all fell in love with. Lara is Lara. She walks a certain way, makes little grunts when she runs into walls, her bones crumple after a fall, she jumps sideways while firing her weapons, etc. Her personality is incredibly important.

2) The Levels

From TR1 to TR6, every Tomb Raider level was huge. The thrill of exploration and discovery was delicious. Tomb Raider is about adventure and being left to explore and solve the puzzles yourself, it isn't about being herded like cattle.

3) Where in any of the original games do we find Lara interacting with characters in cut scenes with boring dialogues? We don't. It is totally out of character for the whole Tomb Raider experience. Cut scenes between levels are fine, but I don't think Raiders particularly want to wander around backstreets chatting to prostitutes.

4) From TR1 to TR6, although there are many changes, some things remained constant throughout. Large and small medi paks, double pistols etc. These were all a part of the Tomb Raider experience which was so loved. Who gives a damn about chocolate bars? Give us our medi paks and other familiar inventory items back!

5) The music from Tomb Raider has been nothing short of breath taking. Who will ever forget the adrenaline rush as the Atlantean Stronghold music kicked in when you encountered the TRex in the original game? Or when they first wandered into the pool area in the City of Vilcabamba? The Tomb raider atmosphere was perfected by such thoughtful placing of appropriate musical scores.

6) The secret sound is a much loved, fundamental, integral part of the Tomb Raider experience. Give us our secrets back. And a bonus level for finding them all would be a nice touch.

Conclusion:

There is a vast cross section of gamers, and not every game will appeal to every gamer. Tomb Raider appealed to doctors, lawyers, milkmen, oil workers, labourers, politicians, retired professional men and women, educated and intelligent people of all ages. Don't target 12 to 14 year olds and the PlayStation market. If you get some of that market, fine, that's a bonus, but Tomb Raider has an established following and they are loyal. Don't sell them out to try to make a quick buck by jumping into bed with Hollywood. If Hollywood don't like our Lara the way she is, tell them to beat it.

To all of this, i completely agree. I'd just like to add that I'd like to see properly shaped feet and toes on Lara. The new Lara model is brilliant, I'd really hate for something as simple as how her feet look ruin it if she goes barefoot.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast