Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: TR Legend Suggestions Thread

[edited]

im sorry if it looked like a complaint, it was not my intention, it is a suggestion, and this is suggestion thread

in short words, i suggest to make the model of new lara looks more like lara (aka more beauty and well proportioned)

in the other hand, i suggest to make the bullet effects more realistic, in the way of: if lara got shoot in an arm, that arm should render close to useless until healed properly. Moreover, you cannot heal instantly!! it would be nice that the heal takes time to be completely effective

also, why the bad boys needs 3 or 4 shoots to die and lara 30 40 or more if you have medipacks? i suggest to have more realistic behaviour in that point (a head shoot should kill lara instantly), that will add a lot of challenge when facing an enemy (think first and prepare your strategy), and dont simply run to them shooting til they die, with this, you may even choose to stealth them instead of get engaged in a fight, making the game more variated

Smile

Jume, this is the suggestion thread, not the complaint thread. Please remove your last post and post it here.

Thank you.

Actually, after watching the new GameSpot TR7 interview the game is really awesome! The only bad thing I find is what I said before and, as Jume said, the over illumination of Lara. That rests points to the realistic atmosphere.

Now, coming to personal tastes, I don't like the "COL ponytail". I think it is really awful and not Lar-ish. I love the one Eidos showed when they presented the new Lara (the same ponytail as AOD).

A good orchestrated soundtrack, near the resonant effects of the old games would be perfect. I don't want a music with constant looping, I want sharp sounds in a trap scene, without harming my ears. I want a shady atmosphere when it is in a shady place. In the video of three minutes of game, the soundtrack I think very bad, I don't want drummings of Indians if the level is inhabited by creatures or hunters.
    A constant action, that does with I don't know if I worry in getting right a jump, to flee of a trap or to kill an enemy. If Lara changes her hair according to a level to other level or during a level, put at least a scene of her undoing the ponytail.
    If you will use the same outline of AOD for the levels, use the Stream technology of race games and of some MMORPG, to load the level according to the player's progress, without needing of any loading screen every 5 minutes.

Sorry for my english mistakes

I was very delighted with music in trailer 2 espiacelly when that girl "sings". This cool music could be though whole game, it very inspire...

Suggestion/Impression: The rope-to-rope jump seems to have a to big tollerance. I mean how exactly you have to be/to swing for the jump, to grab the other rope.
    Further: If Lara dies ("Yeeeeh!") is the game over, not that she is just flicker, occurs some steps away once more and you have all in all 3 tries before game over. Dead is dead.

Maybe you should check it. But, I can be wrong...

Smile

I agree Midroth,
    the rope-to-rope jump seems to have a too big tollerance. I mean how exactly you have to be/to swing for the jump, to grab the other rope.
    I think it must be stated that Tomb Raider don't want the game handed to them on a silver platter, they want to earn the jumps/runs themselves.

As I said in the interview thread;
    Quote Originally Posted by CatSuit&Ponytail
    This business about "Not lining up your jumps" sorta bothers me. The good thing about Tomb Raider and the two steps back/one jump back in order to make a long jump, was that THE PLAYER is the one who has to finess the jump, not the game engine automatically landing you on the edge..... It took more skill, and if that has been taken away, the new developement team may have missed the beauty of making a jump that had been haunting you for a while...

Question

umm,could someone please tell me what tomb raider legend is???? ive been away from lara for a long time,shame on me lol

thks!

Just keep reading other threads in this forum........you'll figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by David 070
    umm,could someone please tell me what tomb raider legend is???? ive been away from lara for a long time,shame on me lol

thks!
    The name of TR7

I think it's important to separate reality from fantasy, a story from journalism. This is a game, which means it's a fantasy story, not a journalist's report on some factual real-life situation. Have we sunk so far into the sewer of "reality television" that we've lost the capacity for larger-than-life characters?

Realism can be a major element in making a game enjoyable, but if the "realism" makes gameplay a drag or a hassle, then what's happened to the fun, and why bother playing? If I want to watch the news, I'll just...watch the news.

I think the one greatest strength of the Tomb Raider franchise is that all along it's had a near-perfect formulation of story, controls, action and playability. I don't want a game that's so easy it's a waste of time (like those horrible Harry Potter games that EA has released,) but by the same token I don't want a game that's so "real" that it's more frustrating - or worse, mundane - than it is imaginative and fun.

The standard example I use is this: In real life, nobody is able to scale a sheer brick wall on a light growth of moss, much less monkey-swing across the ceiling hanging from it. But Lara Croft does - and what a colossal drag the game would become if "impossible" elements like that were removed because they weren't "realistic"? You'd have one exceedingly boring game.

Despite its multitude of technical flaws, the addition in AOD of the time limit for hanging from one's hands on a ledge or ceiling, was very well done - a new element of realism that didn't detract from the playability of the game.

_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

To submit my suggestion, there is one overriding thing that I consider more important by several orders of magnitude than any other consideration:

I don't want to have to spend more than a couple minutes getting the game installed, set up and ready to play, to completion, much less do weeks upon weeks of net research and debugging. My oblique reference here is to AOD, just to be perfectly clear.

I think that if you're going to invest millions into the development and production of a new game, you need also to invest in a lab containing maybe 20 or 30 computers - each one having a different OS version on it, from Windows 95 on up to the latest available and every single thing in between including multiple combinations of sound and graphics cards - and make damn sure that the game installs, sets up, and plays all the way through, without a single major technical hitch.

I want to be able to open the package, pull out the disc, put it in the drive, click on "Install," kick back and relax while the game adapts itself to my current OS, sound card, graphics card, Direct X version, and anything else it requires, adjusts all game settings as appropriate - then click on "Play" and do nothing but play until the final scene in the final level.

I don't want to spend one stinking minute doing what the software engineers are being paid to do.

Whaddaya think - Is that too much to ask?

Big Grin

ok u asked for suggestions youve got it!!
    since i finally figured out what tombraider legend is lol here:

i want:

*a level editor!

*more cool traps,almost like indiana jones,i would love to see lara riding a mine cart with baddies after her lol

*cool new moves,how about cartwheels,being able to move her like an acrobat.tumbles,how about being able to
    grab a pole and use the momemtum youve built up to flip into a window toward the side?
    ive always liked climbing walls with lara,how about making some walls break after theyve been climbed on too much? lol

*did i mention a level editor?

*of course ive always liked the music too,im hoping that that will be excellent as always!

*more drivable vehicles,forklifts,trucks,planes,helicopters,
    lol

well i guess thats all i can think of right now,but i just wanted to say thankyou very much! edidos ,crystal dynamics,(whatever u guys call yourselves these days lol)!

thanks for bring lara back!! sincerely ,huge fan of Lara Croft.

Quote Originally Posted by KasigiYabuSama
    Realism can be a major element in making a game enjoyable, but if the "realism" makes gameplay a drag or a hassle, then what's happened to the fun, and why bother playing? If I want to watch the news, I'll just...watch the news.
    That's what it's all about. Well said. Let's get back to shooting animals too.

Hey guys, I'd be very wary of this 'replay value' thing. I'm not convinced it's a good strategy. Raiders are always looking for new adventures, and trying to coax them into going back over old ones might not accomplish what you're looking for. Be careful with it. To be honest, I was pissed off with TR3 when I realised there were areas I couldn't get to without replaying the whole thing again. The best replay value you can have is a bonus level for finding all the secrets. Why? Because there is a NEW adventure waiting at the end of it!

Yes, I've replayed all the Tomb Raider games more than twice, some 3 or 4 times or more, but only when I'd run out of Raiding options! You might be better putting your energies into new releases rather than into developing replay value.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMaciver
    ... Let's get back to shooting animals too.
    Good idea, rats! Noone will miss them...
    The replay "thing"...Some people have not the fun/time to play the game twice (Ok, if it's short enough. But a short game we don't like.). A bonus level you can get/play -if you have found all secrets (*Pling!*)- I would think is the better solution.
    So far I know they say just in the second "round" you can find all ***. I guess, to show them in the first round is anyhow better. Would make the first round longer.
    How ever: To play it a second time is ok. But to have to...?

Things For TRL

I'm REALLY excited about this new tombraider game it seems like they're trying to set things right and best of all the game is on XBOX , so here's a few suggestions:

1)sinc Lara is rich , how about a variety of clothes to choose from before every game its getting very popular in games like in ssx (no that i would like to do anything to get money to buy them)

2)WHAT'S WITH THE HAIR ??! in the Gamepot trailer you can see lara's is a ponytail why? and worst of all , in Play mag. there's a picture of Lara leaving her hair loose (I guess that's what its called) that is even worse than the ponytail! , what's wrong with the braid its a trademark of Lara like the pistols , see what happened in AOD when they took away the pistols? , i hope its just some kind of interaction with the enviroment , anyway moving on...

3)Hand-to-hand combat was probably one of the best things ever happened to the series , since TR3 (the first tombraider i've ever played) and i've been wishing that one day Lara will fight (mostly because of that level in Area 51 where Lara hadno weapons for almost the whole level and had to rely on prisoners to get rid of the guards) , in AOD it was very simple but I really liked her triple kick combo i think it was so cool , i hope they can improve that.

4)well , we have to face it , in one way or another Lara will have to visit modern civilised cities , why can't it be like raiding "modern tombs" or something , like the sewers area in AOD or some parts of London in TR3 , you know visit tomb-like places having a lot puzzles and things to do to get through them.

5)I have to say i did enjoy playing with Kurtis (not in a tombraider way) he reminded me of Psi-ops or second sight , I think kurtis has alot of potential to have his own game!

6)I hope they release some info on the supernatural enemies Lara's going to face I really enjoyed fightind dinos (although they aren't that supernatural!)

Note: notice how acronyms for the last revelation and tomb raider legend look alike? TLR TRL funny right?

Riley Cooper said in an E3 interview:

"... Previous games focused on blocks and switches. Pull a handle here and a door opens elsewhere. Now all the puzzles are relative to the area Lara is in. ..."

Sorry, but... Are not the switches one importand part of the "good ol' Lara games"?
    I think, some switches should be in the game! Some - just for fun/tradition.

Yeah, and there was nothing wrong spending days running around the entire Palace Midas level before you solved it either. Still, CD are exploring and learning and developing and asking questions and listening. I'm sure they'll figure it out.

well, it would be nice to have the tomb raider theme back, the one from the first tr games intro, which changed at trlr I think, I mean if superman, indiana jones and star wars have all them got their teams, tomb raider should keep it too.

please, no looping background music, if it can be disabled as in aod then is ok

lara died at trlr, then she appears alive in aod, mmmhh??? no I'm not reading the novel I just like the games.

I liked lara's hair in tr2 and 3 with the braid, specially on the top of her head, then it was changed and appear at the nape of her neck, well this isn't really important but I think I notice quite a strange hair on the trailer. Please keep the braid.

the new lara is really beautiful, please remember she is a classy lady, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by .chio.
    well, it would be nice to have the tomb raider theme back, the one from the first tr games intro, which changed at trlr I think, I mean if superman, indiana jones and star wars have all them got their teams, tomb raider should keep it too.

please, no looping background music, if it can be disabled as in aod then is ok

lara died at trlr, then she appears alive in aod, mmmhh??? no I'm not reading the novel I just like the games.

I liked lara's hair in tr2 and 3 with the braid, specially on the top of her head, then it was changed and appear at the nape of her neck, well this isn't really important but I think I notice quite a strange hair on the trailer. Please keep the braid.

the new lara is really beautiful, please remember she is a classy lady, thank you
    Your Welcome

The Tomb Raider theme is anyhow a MUST! Like for Bond the Bond theme.

Quote Originally Posted by .chio.
    Ah - no, Lara DIDN'T DIE at the end of TRLR, she fell and suffered a lot of bruising - nothing more. Its your choice if you don't want to read the Amulet of Power but it is a quick light read and might actually fill in the gaps for you.

The Amulet of Power sounds like a good title for a level in the next Tomb Raider release.

In some part of AoD, Lara mentions that she was saved in Egypt. There is a concept art of a character called "Shaman" that would have helped Lara recovering. Some sites have a render version, the character was removed until the compilation of the game.

Look at the concept arts in the official site, there is a sketch of a broken airplane...

Sorry for my english mistakes...

bring back! oh bring back! oh bring back my mansion to me! to me!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast