Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: TR Legend Suggestions Thread

'Cause it was mentioned here...
    Lara's Mansion...why not? The old buttler may love his job.
    Hand to hand combat? Sorry, Lara is a Lady, not a pub girl.
    How ever, as long as one "thing" we never see again: Kurtis. Let him stay in his Zoo and peel Bananas backwarts, or be 6 feet under.
    Or let him return in his own game: Donky Kong 12...

Why everybody is against Kurtis? If think he made the game more interesting , the only thing I didn't like that he was like a gorilla

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Mum
    Hi Elen, that is covered in an Eidos-official novel titled the Amulet of Power, a must read for any Lara fan. I picked up my copy nice and cheap from Ebay.
    It's for the sake of history, Mum. Tomb Raider started as a game and there is a gap here. How many people do you think have read the book? What happened after The Last Reveation is not only for the fans. IMO it should be added in the game too

Thumbs Up

Two things......

• Close that gap between dying and reloading..... honestly; I can get a bus in there.
    • If Lara is shot, make sure it stays with her till medical treatment, none of this "ah!..... oh, i seem to have lost a lot of blood, but no wound is present; thats ok then"
      When Lara was poisoned it gradually brought upon death if it wasn't for the antedote, so why not the same for bullet wounds slowing her reflexes.

Quote Originally Posted by suske
    Why everybody is against Kurtis? If think he made the game more interesting , the only thing I didn't like that he was like a gorilla
    In all honesty, he would have worked out if he were not a playable character. It would actually have been pretty cool for him to show up from time to time, maybe give Lara some insight into what's happening, and then go off and do stuff behind the scenes. He also wasn't portrayed as a very likable character, and i think that hurt him as well.

I also want to know once I have completed a level, like in the older games.

Thumbs Up

I really liked TheBoo's suggestion of making a demo with Lara's mansion as the training level. Perhaps giving the mansion a new look would be cool. And maybe a few puzzles to solve in there as well.

Keep up the great work Eidos and Crystal Dynamics. Legend looks excellent so far. Can't wait to try it out!

Wink

Yes, please bring back (finding secrets)! How about a bonus level at the end if you find all the secrets, as in TR3.
    Bring back Lara's mansion! I loved seeing how the rich and famous live! LOL.
    Of the screen-shots I've seen of her face, her nose needs to be a little bigger. It looks like she's visited the cosmetic surgeon a little too much.
    Of course she needs her dual pistols! How about the Desert Eagle too. I loved that gun.
    Lots of different vehicles would be great too. Snowmobile, Jeep ect...
    And have lots of puzzle solving too, switches and pulling and pushing objects!
    It would be great to have the same guy that composed the music from TR1-TR5!
    And finally I would love to know what became of Kurtis!
    Most of us have no warning before we go..."Mind that bus!! What Bus??..Splat.....*Arnold J. Rimmer*

Exclamation Good work on the trailers!

Ok, I have watched both marvelous trailers .....but I found something missing:

SideJump+Shoot. I really liked that in the classic games, and missed it in the last one a lot. Is there something equally cool to replace it if it's gone? If not, I'd like it back.

***One of the great things about the early Tomb Raiders was the replayability of them, trying to play the whole game with just her pistols, or no medipacks, or getting all secrets for the reward level, for instance. If the game is too restrictive, it loses it's eternal (in gaming terms) attractiveness.

Oh, yes, in AOD I found it really disgusting to pick up chocolate bars in place of medipacks....

Exclamation

Ok I see something else I sure as heck hope the developers are working on at this very moment:

Expression. I see no change of expression on Lara's lovely face in those trailers, but one of the original cool things was how she would make a snarly grimace when she was shooting a weapon! I want to see her "grrrrrrrrrr" face! Show us your furrowed brow, glinting eyes, curled lip and bright nashing teeth, Lara! Look like you actually mean it when you blow the bad guys to hell!

Quote Originally Posted by CatSuit&Ponytail
    SideJump+Shoot....If not, I'd like it back.
    ^Me too.
    ***One of the great things about the early Tomb Raiders was the replayability of them, trying to play the whole game with just her pistols, or no medipacks, or getting all secrets for the reward level, for instance. If the game is too restrictive, it loses it's eternal (in gaming terms) attractiveness.
    ^I agree to.
    Oh, yes, in AOD I found it really disgusting to pick up chocolate bars in place of medipacks....
    ^Chocolate is also bad for the shape/weight and the teeth!
    Do-Not-Spam!
    Do-Not-E-Mail-Registry!
    But you may reply to this e-mail.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by midroth
    ^Me too.^I agree to.^Chocolate is also bad for the shape/weight and the teeth!
    That's not the thing, but if I want chocolate, my Husband will buy it for me, I don't have to pick it up out of the sewers. YUCK!!!

Chocolate gets a bad rap. Poor chocolate. I'll love you....

I think, I have to speak with your husband...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by midroth
    I think, I have to speak with your husband...

Ok, how about this?: If Lara Croft IS going to be eating chocolate, she brings it with her, or finds a vending machine in the dank dark underbelly of the forbidden cripts she's pillaging? That way she'll have a use for any spare change she finds, hehehe!

Or we could just do the medipack thing which worked well enough all this time.

Resume:

Chocolate is bad (but funny).
    Medipacks are good (always).

Exclamation Happier than a pig in....chocolate truffels. :D

Ok, you Developers HAVE to give me my catsuit now that Lara has a real ponytail.

And a big Thank You for re-installing the Jump&Shoot moves.

There is some actual in game footage over at Gamespot. Side jump and shoot is IN! I'm still stunned after watching the video.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/...mul_051805.asx

After watching the new E3 game footage at GameSpot, I have some doubts regarding the game...

• When she grabs a ledge, she sometimes grabs it a few centimeters below the real border. This same thing happens with the bars.
    • In certain scene, someone is shotting at Lara and she doesn't do anything! She should lose health!
    • The ponytail. It sometimes looks weird.
    • She can pass trough walls! This happens when she's rolling on the bar.

The question is: will all these things be fixed for the final version?

I hope those things get fixed. Since i don't know exactly ow CD constructs their visuals, I can only guess that these are just some simple alignment issues in how objects relate to each other in the game.

A crack team of sharp eyed beta testers would really help eliminate most all of the stupid stuff we saw in AOD. I'm hoping CD and Eidos know this.

Cool

hello

maybe you didnt noticed or even you didnt care about, but i do:

the eyes of our lara in this new model are REALLY OVER MAKED UP, they are too dark, and, lets face it, you are not making up your eyes that hard in real life, even less if you are about to swim and going into dust, all they do is making her have a weird look, even ugly. A little less black around her eyes can make her look good again

the hair top line (not centered), or maybe her head??... i have no really complains at all but, she does not look lara, but anyone else, at least to me, it was much better with AOD
    as i said, it can be just the head and not the hair line, it just seems that her head does not belong to that body, this was also better in AOD

on other things, the only i can see for the moment its that the 3d model gets over-iluminated in most of the cases, even when the surroundings are dark, it just looks weird, or maybe its because lara brights by herself??

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Acceber
    I think sneaky moves are a lot of fun. Those that aren't referred to in the manual, but that you find out by accidentally pressing, oh, say, the walk and jump buttons together. New ones would be cool, but the old ones can't be beaten. I really liked that forward-somersault-off-a-ledge move from Chronicles...
    I have only now managed to see a screenshot that shows the beloved handstand! And the trailer showing the beloved swan dive. So, really, I am very happy

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Mum
    I actually like Lara's new make up and hair, but I have to agree - although I wear make-up in every day life, I wouldn't be wearing it if I were running around in the jungle,
    I would be! That's just waterproof makeup! And I like her new face a lot. She's very pretty.

I would be! That's just waterproof makeup! And I like her new face a lot. She's very pretty.
    Yeah, I thought about that after submitting my post - hence I deleted it. I actually wear waterproof mascara when I take my 10 month old son to his waterbabies swimming class (parents have to get in the pool too) .

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mum
    hence I deleted it.
    Not fast enough, eh?

As Lara Croft always seems to prove, you can't please all the people all the time, but I really am happy with what I've seen so far.

I like that she can actually seem to run again, too. I hated the stuck in treacle feeling the last game had when I asked her to RUN!!!! The trailers are wonderful.

I envy you your swimming time, but not that it is with babies, hehehe

I envy you your swimming time, but not that it is with babies, hehehe
    I know exactly what you are saying but its surprisingly fun , its good that the pool is heated too coming into Winter.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast