Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: TR Legend Suggestions Thread

Camera/controller

PLEASE!! Fix the way the camera moves by itself and interacts with the movement controlls. In that last installation of tomb raider, if lara was walking near an edge in a straight line sometimes the camera would swing itself around in an unpredictable direction causing me to have to adjust the direction I was pressing the analog stick to keep from walking right off the edge. As a matter of fact I died so much because of the camera I stopped playing the game early and have not returned to finish it.

When I press forward Lara should walk forward no matter where the camera is facing. This is especially important when trying to jump cross a long span and grab onto a ledge. I don't know how many times I'd be running and attempt to jump across an expanse when the camera would suddently shift causing Lara to jump completely in the wrong direction and falling to her death.

It was very very annoying and like I said, caused me to stop playing the last version of TR.

Also it seems that all the attention payed to polygons to make her body look better ended up taking away from the responsiveness and speed of the character. When I push the analog controller in a certain direction to make her move, I don't want to wait a second and a half to see her move. The last game just felt sluggish, I hope this is fixed.

Mansion

in th mansoin can you please please please make a firing range or some where to try aiming and new guns and stuff please please please

Quote Originally Posted by Scriptoe
    Also it seems that all the attention payed to polygons to make her body look better ended up taking away from the responsiveness and speed of the character. When I push the analog controller in a certain direction to make her move, I don't want to wait a second and a half to see her move. The last game just felt sluggish, I hope this is fixed.
    This has been fixed, all reviews are talking that Lara is very responsive and after controlling her, controlling the Prince is like maneuvring a wooden Pinnochio. I guess that should bring you big relief, as the Prince is very responsive with fluid character animations.

I hope the developers have realistic damage done by bullets like it shouldnt take two bullets to kill a spider (I can kill those with a shoe so you know, one bullet should be enough )
    Not to sound gross, but I also hope there is a "realistic blood spatter" option, like in Metal Gear Solid, one of my favorite games.

I know I'm going to love this game (Legend), but I'm begging Eidos, if and when they make the 8th game, PUT KURTIS TRENT IN IT! I'm not saying to have an AOD storyline, (even though I'd literally die if that happened because I personally loved the game), just put Kurtis in there, maybe helping her raid or something, he doesn't even have to be playable. I just want him in there.

It isn't fair, they can't just pretend like he or AOD had never happened. Thats why they better complete the story sooner or later, and it better have a happy ending with Kurtis/Lara.

Legend is going to own though. I am stoked for it's release!!!

I watched all the trailers and hq movies I chould find.
    I noticed the checkpoints.
    I realy hope they keep the options for saving the game from time to time and that they do not force us to play large parts all over again when we fail.

I must say :
    the backgrounds .............. they make me .........quite uh uh uh ..........
    When I looked at the movies, only one think came from my lips ..
    OH MY GOD!! .

Kurtis has to come back

More playground for the player......... there is a lot of playground
    and allmost everything works with each other .
    Complete interaction ...

Keep them coming ...............

I'm a late-comer, so thanks for saying what I would've said.

I admit, I abandoned the TR franchise after TR2. I mean, I played all the games after TR2, but I haven't finished any of them. I either came in at the middle when a friend was playing or I gave up before the end. My primary problem was with the shift in Lara to a murderous killing machine. I agree with an earlier poster. (Sorry, I read the entire thread at once, so I won't put names here. Really, sorry.) Lara values life and her kills should be about self-preservation. I see lots of action in Legend, and I hope there's story to justify it. Lara seems to FINALLY have her aristocratic air back, so I don't imagine she's still offing people just 'cause they're there. Having an optional sleep-dart gun could remedy my serious problem with a woman like Lara killing animals all around her. And this could make for interesting gameplay as you wonder when the lion or whatever might wake up...

I'm so relieved to hear about the Mansion and I hope that there's truth to something I heard about being able to use Lara's wardrobe and vanity to customize her hair and outfits between missions. Excellent fan service, that, if it's in there!

As far as Kurt from AOD is concerned, NO! I did actually buy AOD and I tried to get into it, but just couldn't. Here's my two cents on Lara and romantic involvement. I should NEVER *EVER* see it. I want to know a lot about Lara as it relates to her adventure. I like being able to romp (with her) around her house and grounds. If there is not something that is *entirely* hers, the mystery is gone. For me, it's her romantic life. Lara is sexy. She lives in a world of flirtation and innuendo. But that's where it should stop. I don't want to think of Lara as a "loving partner" to someone else. I want to think of her as my own personal bad*** superhero. She's a hero, not a girlfriend. To me, this is very essential to the character. Her sexuality and romantic life should remain a total mystery to me forEVER. She could even be a lesbian for all I know. She could be totally inept at real relationships, but enjoys leather parties with college boys. Whatever. I don't want to know. Her love life should ALWAYS be totally removed from her life as an adventurer. There may be hints and suggestions, but these should be broad-based and non-committal. I don't want Lara to be half of anyone's "us" except mine, as my hero, not my bimbo. Okay, done.

Continuing that thought, that doesn't mean there has to be a lack of interesting supporting characters. I think Zip is great, and as a young black man, I think the fact that he has a criminal record adds interest. It suggests, to me anyway, that Lara and her team are heroes who work on the side of what's right even in a corrupt world which might at times cast them as outlaws. It's different than making him a ghetto loser (not that ghetto = loser). The thing about black characters - and it's true about every character - there are no blanket statements about what's right or wrong, and for *this* character, the record gives him history and depth. It also makes Lara and the team seem like people I can trust even when I can't trust big government. They're not "above the law," they're beyond the law, both in scope and reach. If you want a "do-right" black character, I imagine Anaya's your girl. She looks like the "squeaky clean" type to me, fighting against villains who are clearly villains. As far as Rutland's potential homosexuality that some have mentioned to insult him, I have an observation. I would never have thought he would be gay. The idea of a gay character in a video game seems so implausible to me outside of Japan. But now that the thought's been presented, I think it would be very interesting to see Lara with a gay man on her team. I can't imagine she would mind it, and in truth, Lara Croft is the kind of heroine gay men love. And she's the kind of girl who almost assuredly does have gay friends. It's not a stretch. It would be interesting and set a precedent, but I'm almost positive it's not the case. I just sincerely hope he's not a love interest. He's certainly not good enough for Lara in that capacity. And since no one is, there should NEVER be a love interest. I digress. *Re-read Rutland's bio & realized he's a rival rather than an ally, but I still think the Western world might be ready for a gay game character (Allister's none too macho, either, truth be told ) so I'm leaving the remarks*

Finally, though I'm sure it's too late for this game if it wasn't already thought of, I'd love to see Lara use a katana. We're gonna be in Tokyo, so there's a chance someone thought of it, but I haven't seen any screens or movies suggesting as much. It would be a great weapon, even as a secret.

And on a non-game note: Please be careful making the action figure. I'm thinking about the presumed 12" version. Get someone good. Jakks Pacific is great at fashion dolls, but Hottoys and Volks have incredible articulation. Articulation is, I think, a key component of a Lara Croft figure as what's so great about the character is in large part the way she moves. The fact that no Tomb Raider figures so far have been able to pose well is a serious problem in the merchandising. Also, if the figure could have some soundbites from the game that you hear often (or one of my favorite quotes ever: "I don't know. Let's see. Try begging for your life like you did the last time we spoke." When I heard this, I thought, "Finally! There's my Lara."), that might be interesting as long as it doesn't interfere with the construction of TOTAL articulation like the best Spider-Man figures. Maybe the sound cards could even be swapped out. Also, NO part of the figure's clothing should be molded, so that she can wear lots of different outfits. I can imagine a super-expensive uber-limited version coming with ALL the outfits in the game made high quality like the way Brothersfree do. And, of course, it would include hyper-accurate (I mean real metal) versions of all her weapons, too. That would be something. Lara deserves it and some fans (like me) would pay for it. There is a HUGE industry of ultra-high quality collector's toys. There are enough TR fans who are vinyl fans to make it worth your time to make the most-poseable, best-sculpted, most accurate-accessorized figure in action figure history. There has never been a character so perfect for designer figures as Lara Croft. Do it right, please. If you don't know Brothersfree or Hottoys, do your homework. And don't ignore Jakks Pacific if you want something more mainstream. Their G.I.R.L. Force line are arguably the best fashion dolls ever made. Ideally, though, it would be Brothersfree, if they'd do it. There is no one in the world as talented at figure sculpting.

One last thing: I'd like to express how happy I am to know that Toby Gard (as Lara's creator) has been involved again. It's a rare thing for a creator to get the chance to fix what was wronged by people making money off the creation. For a while when the movies were coming out, Toby stopped even being referenced in interviews with Jeremy Heath-Smith and Adrian Smith. This might have even been a relief to Toby, as without Angelina Jolie's vision, Lara had become almost as far afield from the truth of her (forgive me) "core nature" as Adam West's Batman, but it's good to see him recognized again. It also says a lot for Crystal Dynamics that they had the good sense to get him back.

I'm so excited and even grateful for this team's work. It is an amazing thing to resurrect a character from pop-culture death. So much more amazing than simply writing her death as a cheap and unsatisfying climax at the end of a game that took forever to play and then writing her back with a cheap attitude (& cheaper makeup) that doesn't suit her with a cheap (if well-developed) sidekick "hunk of man" she doesn't need...

Kudos!

wasnt zip a white british man in the tr move?

guess he got a race change huh? lol

I think he's still British, though I haven't heard any audio. But, yeah, he's black.

Quote Originally Posted by David 070
    wasnt zip a white british man in the tr move?

guess he got a race change huh? lol
    No Zip has always been an african-american man and he did not appear in the movies, you're thinking of Bryce

Zip was in the fifth game and we will see hime again in Legend
    signature image
    ...previously known as "Mum"

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Mum
    No Zip has always been an african-american man and he did not appear in the movies, you're thinking of Bryce

Zip was in the fifth game and we will see hime again in Legend
    Mum knows her stuff.
    "Ignorant people think it's the noise which fighting cats make that is so aggravating, but it ain't so; it's the sickening grammar they use. --Mark Twain"

Bummed that he's not British, but it's cool to have an American in the mix. We're not *all* bad.

open ended

i would say if the game is open ended like a gta thing(i mean wide open ended).snowboarding would be cool.so many people critisize aod, but i think it was very good.especially the graphics.very sharp.though the final boss battle was some fug.
    razmatrazmat

Quote Originally Posted by RAZMAT
    i would say if the game is open ended like a gta thing(i mean wide open ended).snowboarding would be cool.so many people critisize aod, but i think it was very good.especially the graphics.very sharp.though the final boss battle was some fug.
    Yes, I loved AOD, and all the other TR Games, especially TR2.. xD Me and my best friend were trying to beat the spider all the time, and could never do it. And one night she was trying to sleep,and I got a bit irritated with the spider, so I was playing it, not even trying, and I beat it.. then we flipped out. =P Anyway, yeah. Someone came over my house one time and said it sucked (AOD), I said "THAT.. is the best TR game ever."

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314