Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: TR Legend Suggestions Thread

Great work so far guys! Just one suggestion if you see this.

MAKE ALMOST ALL FURNITURE/CHINA/GLASS IN THE MANSION BREAKABLE.

Both me and my friend agreed of the gloriousness of jumping headfirst into a china cabinet and having a load of destruction ensue.

Yes that is all. Thank you. Keep up the good work.

Hey,
    I think that most gamers want lots of interaction with the environment, but I think that the environment should also affect Lara; cuts and bruises, mud-stained clothes, ripped shorts etc would be more realistic and would add another dimension to the character.
    I also love the fact that the mansion is confirmed to be in Legend! It's nice to be able to relax after a hard day's killing in your own personal swimming pool, or to practice skills for your next mission!

Quote Originally Posted by thelegend
    Hey,
    I think that most gamers want lots of interaction with the environment, but I think that the environment should also affect Lara; cuts and bruises, mud-stained clothes, ripped shorts etc would be more realistic and would add another dimension to the character.
    I also love the fact that the mansion is confirmed to be in Legend! It's nice to be able to relax after a hard day's killing in your own personal swimming pool, or to practice skills for your next mission!
    Most if not all of that has been confirmed to be in Legend. Check around .

I hope...

Well, I think that the most important part in the good old Tomb Raider games was the camera-view, the controls and (the most important) Lara's Mansion!

I will DIE if Tomb Raider: Legend will have the same dull view point and frustrating controls!!! I prefer the old camera and controls, by far!

And Lara's Mansion... If that don't make it into the game i will go CRAZY and then DIE!!! In fact Lara's Mansion was one of the keys to Tomb Raiders succes! It may sound wierd, but it's all comes down to psychology. In all games you see the character at this critical point of the game, but you'll never see the character in his/hers every day life. But when you also experience the character in a everyday, it is easier to enter the spirit of the game. It's all psychology.

When i played the good old Tomb Raider games, i always found myself in searching for something new, or secret in Lara's Mansion, even i'd knew that there was no more to explore.

I do really hope you make these things in this new Tomb Raider. Do that, and I will be forever grateful.

I will DIE if Tomb Raider: Legend will have the same dull view point and frustrating controls!!!

As in Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness...

Sorry for the error...

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Cop
    Well, I think that the most important part in the good old Tomb Raider games was the camera-view, the controls and (the most important) Lara's Mansion!

I will DIE if Tomb Raider: Legend will have the same dull view point and frustrating controls!!! I prefer the old camera and controls, by far!

And Lara's Mansion... If that don't make it into the game i will go CRAZY and then DIE!!! In fact Lara's Mansion was one of the keys to Tomb Raiders succes! It may sound wierd, but it's all comes down to psychology. In all games you see the character at this critical point of the game, but you'll never see the character in his/hers every day life. But when you also experience the character in a everyday, it is easier to enter the spirit of the game. It's all psychology.

When i played the good old Tomb Raider games, i always found myself in searching for something new, or secret in Lara's Mansion, even i'd knew that there was no more to explore.

I do really hope you make these things in this new Tomb Raider. Do that, and I will be forever grateful.
    It would make the world a better place if some people would actually look around.

1. Legend will have a completely new camera and control system, which according to the press is just about the best control/camera system in a Tomb Raider thus far. Lara is apparentely an ace to control and the camera never gets in the way of your Tomb Raiding.

2. The mansion will be in the game, as this has been confirmed since LAST SUMMER. It will be the place where Lara trains, as well as receives rewards for the secrets you have found in the game. Also if you have an Xbox you can use the harddrive to put a custom soundtrack on her jukebox.

Please read sites like www.tombraiderchronicles.com and www.trcentral.net to see if your suggestions have already made it into the game.

Kurtis

theres no problem with kurtis (i like him) but he is not commin back.

Big Grin ladycroft speaking ...

purplesize2
    xxx The (cam)...could be put back behind her Yes her house bring it back !!! so much fun !!The controls putem back like they where not like they are in aod ..and yes make where you can go and climb anywhere and just about do anything ...oh yes lets not forget the FAMOUS ....TREX ...OH YEA ..but i want to hear her bones break ....ok thats sounds bad ...i cant count how many times ive died in tr3 (trex)..is always fun ...I think this new Tomb Raider LEGEND is going to be great (I have hope )...oh yes and it better be long very long ..and plz oh plz dont keep pushing back the street date cause so many times and people get tired of waiting ....ok thats all i ahave to say ..for now ..

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_Croft
    I read at Amazone that Legend will be released at 24th of Februari 2006, can anyone tell me if that is true??
    nope its to be released april 12 2006

Something I've been missing since TR3 is Lara's house! I loved how it was only a practice level to get you familiar with the controls and things, but it was so cool just to explore and find all the secret passages. Just think how good they could make it look with the new stuff they have going for them now. That's it. That's all I would suggest. And since that's already supposed to be in the game, how about we just get the game and play it!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOfOblivion
    Most if not all of that has been confirmed to be in Legend. Check around .
    Sorryyyy.... hehe I must do more reading etc now that exams etc are over

Lightbulb also

i'd lyk 2 c lara, before she goes on her journey, getting prepared lyk putting stuff in her backpack, loading her guns, buckling her boots and then u see her get up and go out the front door, then she sez to u...'Let the journey begin'!!

Also if there was a scene where in Tokyo, lara goes to the countryside and has to use bamboo or other canes to fight someone, also..i'd lyk Lara to hav an imense fighting skill, lyk that women in blade trinity, tht was some fightin.!!! I wood lyk the mansion grounds to be larger...so tht they stretch for miles!!

Before i forget...I wood lyk there to b a timed thing where a building is collapsing and u have 2 get out in time before u get squished!!

I have a lot of ova ideas but a jst can't think at the moment!!!

Keep the ideas cumin in...a mite get a few ideas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Jo
    i'd lyk 2 c lara, before she goes on her journey, getting prepared lyk putting stuff in her backpack, loading her guns, buckling her boots and then u see her get up and go out the front door, then she sez to u...'Let the journey begin'!!

Also if there was a scene where in Tokyo, lara goes to the countryside and has to use bamboo or other canes to fight someone, also..i'd lyk Lara to hav an imense fighting skill, lyk that women in blade trinity, tht was some fightin.!!! I wood lyk the mansion grounds to be larger...so tht they stretch for miles!!

Before i forget...I wood lyk there to b a timed thing where a building is collapsing and u have 2 get out in time before u get squished!!

I have a lot of ova ideas but a jst can't think at the moment!!!

Keep the ideas cumin in...a mite get a few ideas!!
    Lyk omigawd, I totaly agree wit u. 4 sure! 3y3 hope Cristal seez dis!

Thumbs Up Camera

Yeah I LOVED the **OLD** camera from TR1 and 2 where you felt DIZZY and SICK if you watched it up close for too long !!!!! Especially in St. Francis's Folly where you are running and then you look down into the chasm and the camera spins up behind her ~~ eeeeeehhhhh I felt so lightheaded like I'd VOMIT Making those jumps scared me to death

I don't care if they say they have improved the camera system. They said AOD was going to be a revolutionary improvement and they had the camera fixed up in the air half the time in a birds eye view, so you weren't at Lara's 'level' and didn't feel that inertia or vertigo. And had her run around the screen like a bug on a plate Even in that pit under the Louvre they didn't even use the camera to look down at the immense depths while she was moving, what a waste.

Please bring back a camera similar to TR1 -2 I want to see everything moving so fast and close behind her and real I feel SICK
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...hoto/fugly.gif
    ~Kudos to Crystal Dynamics for resurrecting a seemingly dead franchise, and Eidos for relieving Core of the duty~

A lot of people don't like the rag doll affects when she dies in AOD but I like them. They make it more realistic. In the previous games she would fall and land in a fixed position every time. But in AOD her body would react to the environment around her. I thought that was very realistic and much better than in the previous games. It would be cool if we could change her hair too. Or if it changed during different levels. Also more interactive environments. Like if there are windows or something where she is, she should be able to shoot or kick the glass and break it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowOfOblivion
    Lyk omigawd, I totaly agree wit u. 4 sure! 3y3 hope Cristal seez dis!
    Woah ShadowOfOblivion, just because you've racked up a few more posts than Tokyo Jo or me, doesnt mean you can go and criticise what we're writing. And only Dhama can pull off sarcasm well. I tried to apologise, but...

Exclamation The game looks great but...

I hope that the developers still reads this suggestion thread for I would like to share my thoughts based on the new videos (from their PS2 demo) IGN have posted in their site. Let me start by saying, I am REALLY excited to see that Lara is more agile and moves fluidly unlike the old control scheme where Lara is so ANNOYINGLY STIFF and SLOW. So, I think this is the strongest point in the game, the reason I'm gonna pick this up when it comes out on Xbox 360, as it was my MAJOR gripe in the Tomb Raider series.

Now on to my suggestion, I noticed that after some adventuring, you finally get to a point where a little cutscene is shown and lara sneaks up to a guard that is conversing with another guard or so. Then what happens is Lara just grabs her gun and shoots them, then a gunfight ensues. What's the point of showing Lara sneaking up on them if there is no stealthy kill? I really wish the developers would include some stealth kill during these scripted events.

One more thing I noticed, is the gunfights. I am really impressed at how lara can easily dodge and roll during the gunfights. But I feel that there is something missing... The gunfights just seems shallow. Maybe the AI of the enemy? Or probably it needs a bit more scripted stuff into it?

The game is going into a very good direction. Keep it up guys. I've never been THIS excited over a Tomb Raider game. I just wish that at least the sneaky kill will somehow be implemented. Thanks for reading my post!

Big Grin New Video Footage with Zip

I just saw your new video

---love Zip's voice! I will admit I had SERIOUS doubts about ZIP, but this might just work. Good job guys because I was utterly anti-Zip until this.

--- One problem though, when she is aiming her weapon, her torso sometimes twists 90 degrees away from the direction her legs are running!! It's VERY VERY disconcerting like she doesn't have a spine -- PLS fix this!!!
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...hoto/fugly.gif
    ~Kudos to Crystal Dynamics for resurrecting a seemingly dead franchise, and Eidos for relieving Core of the duty~

Lunching The Rope

Well , i don't know if any one said that befor or not but i just suggest that lara in TR-Legend lunches the grabe rope with any small luncher (as in TR-Chronicles) insted of throughing it with her hands...

That would be more realistic and will make lara able to get the rope to places that she can't get it to by just throughing it...

Big Grin

have u guys seen the latest videos??

most of what weve been asking for is in legend!!!

thanks soo much to eidos & crystal dynamics!!!!

cant wait to get this game!!!!!

Thumbs Up

i would like to have that masion thing where you can explore her mansion and do the obstical course outside. I would love for that to be in the

My wishes

correction

* I will DIE if Tomb Raider: Legend will have the same dull view point and frustrating controls as in Angel of Darkness!!!

Sorry for the error.

* I will DIE if Tomb Raider: Legend will have the same dull view point and frustrating controls as in Angel of Darkness!!!

Sorry for the error.
    Dont be afraid, the controls are made smooth so no grid system like the older games where you have to taka 2 steps back to make a jump.

And about the camera, its very hard to give a good view in a third person action game but im sure CD wil make it good.

In the gameplay trailers, it looks like the camera is similar to the one they used in Soul Reaver 2, which worked very nicely. The camera in Soul Reaver 2 sort of followed behind the character, but you had separate camera controls and you could position it wherever you wanted whenever you wanted (except during cutscenes, of course). I say that it looks like they used this camera in Legend because in a few places, it looks like the player is adjusting the camera like in Soul Reaver 2. I very strongly doubt that Legend has a rigid, user-unfriendly camera like AOD.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast