Thread: EGM 'Tomb Raider Legend' scans

Smile EGM 'Tomb Raider Legend' scans

Courtesty of Derek from www.tombraiderforums.com

M.

Fabulous, thank you!

Thanks for the update! Excellent article.

"...when it launches sometime in 2006..." And the wait is on.

Cool

Some nice bits there..... I'm really starting to appreciate Eidos's thoughtfullness regarding the change of developer and i'm also begining to think Core Design really just ended up pushing Lara Croft into a dead end road.

Sure, they did a reasonable job over the early years but always failed to 'hit the spot' later on; bless em!

But this time around, I feel Tomb Raider has a new lease of life.... i'm getting more picky with games these days, specially after the disappointment with AOD and Thief(only cos I couldn't get the damn thing to work lol).

I think everyone wants value for money, and this time Crystal Dynamics will come up with the goods.
    Thanks for the pics M.

No more 'block and switch' puzzles. Yaaaaaay!
    Great article MissLara2U

Here's some more, courtesty of SociallyIneptX from www.tombraiderforums.com

M.

Big Grin

This news is both welcomed and worrying. I don't want a Lara, Princess of Persia style Tomb Raider. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing PoP but thats not Lara Croft. Although I have to agree with dhama, I think Eidos might just have done the right thing by going with Crystal Dynamics. It certainly appears that CD have listened to the gamers for once. *Shrugz....time will tell I guess! LOL

I'm going to wait to see what Crystal deliver but I don't buy the back to TR roots = more action. And just because they keep repeating it in magazine interviews doesn't make it true either.

All I can say is WOW!

I got both of those articles the other day in the mail and they were a fun read. While reading the three developers ideas to "remake" Tomb Raider, i've notcied how boring they would make TR be.

- David Jaffe would turn Tomb Raider into an all out action movie game with explosions and stuff going everywhere. Though out of the three guys there, he would probably be the best choice to make the game, especially after God of War which was fun. He seems to actually be very enthusiastic about making a TR game now(maybe him and Toby Gard could team up and make a TR game in the future?)

- Ted Price would turn Tomb Raider into an action platformer, with lara jumping around shooting enemies trying to shoot as many enemies to gain points(or some form of currency to buy new weapons) and would take her personality and style and change it.

- Yannis Mallat, would turn Lara into a whore who uses her sex appeal to defeat enemies. He claims TR never let Lara explore a world, but TR was one of the first games that let you explore and have freedom to do what you want in a world(or level).

Now I really appreciate that Toby Gard is back to make this new game and not some new guy.

Very interesting read. Tks for posting MissLara2U.

Quote Originally Posted by MissLara2U
    Here's some more, courtesty of SociallyIneptX from www.tombraiderforums.com

M.

Congratulations ML2U.... you have now made me feel worse than I already do... happy now?

Smile

Here is a larger version of the EGM "grab" shot.

M.

Thumbs Up

Oh my.... look at the detail of those boots in the last picture... the toe actually bends, as it would in reality!

I see she has that same pair in black and brown. I have boot envy!!

Thumbs Up

Indeed. From an article we published on April 22nd:

"Environmental interactivity will be higher than ever, and attention to detail will include the soiling of apparel during the course of Lara's adventures."

Quote Originally Posted by LaraAngelOfDarkness

- Yannis Mallat, would turn Lara into a whore who uses her sex appeal to defeat enemies. He claims TR never let Lara explore a world, but TR was one of the first games that let you explore and have freedom to do what you want in a world(or level).
    Yeah, obviously he never played TR3 especially .

Thumbs Up

Nice scans!! I'm glad our dear Lara is coming back to basics

Question

"Environmental interactivity will be higher than ever, and attention to detail will include the soiling of apparel during the course of Lara's adventures."
    So does this 'attention to detail' mean, if Lara gets caught by a single bullet she'll react accordingly? I mean 'Urh!' just wouldn't cut it......

Is it just me or does that line sound funny? "soiling of apparel during the course of Lara's adventures", you think Lara would just go behind a tree or something, lol.

Big Grin

Here's hoping swan dive is still a move then!