Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Official Tech Spec for Imperial Glory

Official Tech Spec for Imperial Glory

Official Tech Spec for Imperial Glory

System Requirements

The minimum system requirements are as follows:

OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Microsoft Windows 2000/Windows XP (admin rights required)
    (Windows® 95/98/ME/NT not supported)
    CPU:
    Pentium 3 1.0GHz (or AthlonXP equivalent)
    RAM:
    256MB System Memory
    GRAPHICS:
    100% DirectX 9 compatible 64MB Direct3D Card (GeForce 3/Radeon 8500+)
    SOUND:
    100% DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
    OPTICAL DRIVE:
    8x speed CD-ROM drive (for CD versions)
    -or-
    DVD-ROM drive (for DVD versions)
    HARD DRIVE:
    2.5GB free disk space
    INPUT DEVICES:
    Keyboard and Mouse

Note: Laptops & Integrated graphic cards may function but are not supported.

Recommended Spec:

CPU:
    Pentium IV 2.0GHz (or AthlonXP/64 equivalent)
    RAM:
    512MB System Memory
    GRAPHICS:
    100% DirectX 9 compatible 128MB Direct3D Card with Pixel Shader 2.0 support (GeForce 6 Series/Radeon X series)
    OPTICAL DRIVE:
    DVD-ROM drive
    INTERNET:
    LAN and Broadband Internet play supported.
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

my question is will a brand new computer with no added grafic or sound card work. If the demo starts, but the battle will not start is that a grafic card problem or something else?
    thanks.

well does the sceen go black or....just what happens exacly when you try to start a battle.
    and do you play ROME TOTAL WAR because if your computer can handle that it can handle IG demo.
    if you can play RTW then it is a demo thing

glad i could help
    CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT LADIES AND GENTILEMAN?

THE FAT_MAN HAS LEFT THE BUILDING,THE
    FAT_MAN HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

http://img169.echo.cx/img169/4796/headlogo1ar.gif

http://www.95rifles.myfreebb.com/
    join one of the original clans for imperial glory
    (my name in clan= =95th=sgt.Blackwatch_1co)

what happens is when i press start battle there is an error and a microsoft error comes up and says the program must end.
    i do not have rome total war.
    any way to fix that?
    thanks.

you might want to reinstall the demo and if it is still *ed up then something is wrong with your computer
    CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT LADIES AND GENTILEMAN?

THE FAT_MAN HAS LEFT THE BUILDING,THE
    FAT_MAN HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

http://img169.echo.cx/img169/4796/headlogo1ar.gif

http://www.95rifles.myfreebb.com/
    join one of the original clans for imperial glory
    (my name in clan= =95th=sgt.Blackwatch_1co)

heh, I play every Total War game with ease. But not IG. I don't get it.

Originally Posted by Razgriz 1
    heh, I play every Total War game with ease. But not IG. I don't get it.
    Completely different game, completely different specification requirements..

My demo does the same, I can play rome fine. I have 749 mb ddr ram, 2.0 proc and a 64mb video card Direct X 9.0c compatible. Any reason why I cant play??

I have download the demo on two computers, one is a desktop 1.7Ghz, the other is my notebook 1.5Ghz, and the demo runs on both computers, but the two battles will not play on my notebook. When you try and run either battle on my notebook the game closes due to a Windows error, citing that the game must close. The main difference between the two systems is that the notebook has an integrated Intel graphics chipset, while the desktop has an actual video card, 64MB I do believe.

Originally Posted by Picotrain
    I have download the demo on two computers, one is a desktop 1.7Ghz, the other is my notebook 1.5Ghz, and the demo runs on both computers, but the two battles will not play on my notebook. When you try and run either battle on my notebook the game closes due to a Windows error, citing that the game must close. The main difference between the two systems is that the notebook has an integrated Intel graphics chipset, while the desktop has an actual video card, 64MB I do believe.
    Unfortunately even the latest Intel Integrated chipsets lacks basic graphic card features.. They've recently added Pixel Shader support, however they seem to have removed TnL support which is a major requirement of the game.

Its affecting a LOT of games if you look at Intels website. Theres not much we can do when the hardware doesnt support the features we require (hence why the spec is written as such). We are currently talking to Intel about how to get around these limitations in their hardware.

Geforce 4 mx

Does this game support geforce4 mx?
    I had a problem with lego:star wars because my card cannot support pixel shader .I don't want to waste another 30 bucks on a game that i cannot play.

Originally Posted by raquinz
    Does this game support geforce4 mx?
    I had a problem with lego:star wars because my card cannot support pixel shader .I don't want to waste another 30 bucks on a game that i cannot play.
    Have you tried the demo. The game `uses` pixel shader if it detects it, however it does run without. Its TnL required (hence why the intel chipset isn't supported, as altho it has a pixel shader it has no TnL)

Did Intel respond yet? I really wish to play the game when I get it, however it would be a shame if I couldn't due to my video card.

Originally Posted by Razgriz 1
    Did Intel respond yet? I really wish to play the game when I get it, however it would be a shame if I couldn't due to my video card.
    Not heard anything yet

Aye, I'll be waiting then =)

so ya i just got it and everytime i try to play it an error message pops up saying "the application can't be initialized" any suggestions or anything?

If your talking about the demo, you need to reinstall it, i had this problem and a reinstall did the trick.

no its the actual game,i just went to gamestop and picked it up and got all excited and now i cant even play it *sigh*

*is now trying reinstall*

If you have an anti virus, it might of deleted key files in the sytem 32 folder sorry mate, i dont know how to fix that.

well so much for reinstalling it,this wouldnt have anything to do with the intel chipset would it?cus if so they're gonna get an email with a couple complaints

I think it's the intel chip sets.

Yes, this is what I believe too. I havent got the game yet, not there yet. But, the demo wont work for me. I am hoping that it would work for the full. I worked so hard to get the money I wish I hadn't waste it if I can't play it.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Have you tried the demo. The game `uses` pixel shader if it detects it, however it does run without. Its TnL required (hence why the intel chipset isn't supported, as altho it has a pixel shader it has no TnL)
    Already tried the demo and now rushing to Software Boutique to buy it!.Need to shop for RAM as well.Too bad my card cannot support pixel shader but i'm not a graphically-challenged person.As long as it is playable it`s damn fine for me.

i should be ok

Athlon FX 55
    MSI SLI PLATIUM
    4GB MEMORY
    2 256MB 6800GT GRAPHICS CARD
    WINXP PRO SP2
    CREATIVE AD ZS 2 SOUND CARD

same problem

I got the same message when i tried to run the program :"the application can't be initialized"

Can you confirm for certain that this is a graphics card issue? To be honest im no computer genius, I'm not that sure exactly what the deal is with my graphics card. It is INTEL. Its DirectX9 compatible, and graphics memory is 64mb, processor speed 2597MHZ.

is this enough?
    I will have to return the game if this is the problem. Cos i have no way got enough money to buy a new card.

Why was the game built with such strict requirements. RTW works fine on my laptop. but not IG. Most disappointed!! Pyros will lose alot of gamers over this. We can't all afford fancy graphics cards.

Cheers

Will

Page 1 of 2 12 Last