Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Gamespy Ladder

Gamespy Ladder

Gamespy Ladder

Gamespy Ladder on Gamespy Arena

Hey all, its almost here, why not join up the ladder on Gamespy Arena..

Hopefully we will get some compos and celebrity games set up etc
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

yay!!
    imperialassassins will host a ladder tourny their i was hoping for gamespy to do this(sometimes they don't)
    damit this looks like more advertising soz

I tried joining it but it is full with one person

if they are doing what i think they might be doing i wont get this game
    now i'll explain
    you dont get to choose who your playing online you just get put together randomly (if tahts true you are idiots)

i'd say this is the lotr set up wich is gay

Most people get these games for the Single-Player anyway. Personally, I won't be touching multi-player with a ten-foot pole.

Originally Posted by mob
    if they are doing what i think they might be doing i wont get this game
    now i'll explain
    you dont get to choose who your playing online you just get put together randomly (if tahts true you are idiots)

i'd say this is the lotr set up wich is gay
    The ladder is just a place where you can guage how good you are.. its not an intregal part of the game like LOTR (which makes you register etc and then logs everything you do).

there will be not an ufficial/automatic ladder then?

bad...very bad.

Originally Posted by Paolai
    there will be not an ufficial/automatic ladder then?

bad...very bad.
    Why so? because the end user is not trustworthy enough to report a win/loss. I personally think that BFME's ladder is flawed beyond belief because it IS auto. People have worked out how to cheat the system and flaunt the exploit. its madness. anyways..

Yes, they are absolutely not trustworthy. I have played TW since 5 years now, and the only ladders that "worked" were the Shogun and the Mongol ones. All the others ladders where the ladder were not automatic failed. There will be always cheaters, but with the automaic ones is much more difficult to cheat.

I am playing the BfME ladder too, and it is very well done, with a nice Adm that ban and reset the cheater's rank quite fast.

Surely the BfME is the best ladder I have never played, thats why so many players are still playing it. The MTW ladder that was not auotomatic worked for about 2 months not more.

Originally Posted by Paolai
    Yes, they are absolutely not trustworthy. I have played TW since 5 years now, and the only ladders that "worked" were the Shogun and the Mongol ones. All the others ladders where the ladder were not automatic failed. There will be always cheaters, but with the automaic ones is much more difficult to cheat.

I am playing the BfME ladder too, and it is very well done, with a nice Adm that ban and reset the cheater's rank quite fast.

Surely the BfME is the best ladder I have never played, thats why so many players are still playing it. The MTW ladder that was not auotomatic worked for about 2 months not more.
    In BFME you can start a game, if you think you are gonna lose, reset your pc.. after it times out it gives the game as a draw, thats nice and reliable

no system is infallible..

no more jaycw2309 They have fixed it with the 1.02 patch 1 month ago, if you disconnect from a game you take a loss. As I have already told you they have nice ladder adms that know that an automatic ladder system is good for a long mp life

The main problem is, Wanna Eidos give us more fun with an automatic ladder or not?
    And how much they care for the mp players? Are they interested to the mp or just to the sp like CA? Have they different politics from CA or not?

Exclamation

Godd morning guys

For BFME Ladder:
    The patch only solve this disconnect "cheat" only for 1v1 ladder, not for the 2v2 ladder. Also, look in GS Arena BFME Ladder, how many users are still crying about the dc problem, so jay is right, this problem still exist in bfme and is not solved at all so far.

About an automatically Reporting system:
    Iam not a friend of it, cause there are always some tech probs with it and the ea system. So in my opinion, an user reported system is still better. I also know the problems with unfair guys, but iam sure, the ladder admins will solve those problems.

Specially for IG Ladder:
    I see, a few are talking about, that they was not possible to join this ladder in the past, cause ladder was "full" with only one player. That is right, because i opened signup for this ladder only at the game release date, so now all can join the ladder (btw: a short look into the rules and ladder forum was explaining this :P)

Atm this ladder is a 1v1 only ladder, but if you, the players, like to have also a 2v2 ladder, i will set it up.

Also many was asking about specified match rules. This will follow the next days/ weeks and iam open for your suggestions for rules.

In future we will host live events for 1v1 and 2v2 with prizes for the players. All those live events will be running through GameSpy Arcade, to make the events running more friendly.

Thats it so far, feel free to ask me more questions about IG Ladder and Live Events...

You can contact me via this forum, via GSA IG Ladder, via email vanluck@gamespyarcade.com or just simple join the gamelobby and talk to me.

greetings
    [WIZ]Vanluck

For BFME Ladder:
    The patch only solve this disconnect "cheat" only for 1v1 ladder

I assume that you are agreed with me then that the 1v1 automatic ladder for BfME works fine now.
    Shall we have then an automatic ladder for IG just for 1v1 that works like the BfME one? And if not, why not?

thx in advance.

Like i said before:
    About an automatically Reporting system:
    Iam not a friend of it, cause there are always some tech probs with it and the ea system. So in my opinion, an user reported system is still better. I also know the problems with unfair guys, but iam sure, the ladder admins will solve those problems.

Overall i like more user reported ladders

greetings
    [WIZ]Vanluck

So there will be not cause it is too difficult for you to host it? Cause like you said the BfME one 1v1 works very well, so I really dont understand why it is not posible also for IG. Why you dont contact [WIZ]Crafty (BfME ladder adms) to find a solution?

Dunno how many ladders you played or hosted but I played a lot (all the TW ones for example), and beleive me, the no automatic ladders have always a short life.

well, i talk every day with crafty, but believe me, an auto report ladder is nothing, which she or any other wizard can decide. its more a thing from game companys and gsa/ign.

how many ladders i hosted or played in, well, i have enough experience in arena ladders i think :-)

But i dont agree, that non automatic ladders have a short life, because 99 % of arena wizard ladders are non automatic ladders. also 8 of 10 ladders from top ten ladders are non auto.

BTW: praetorians, an other "older" game of eidos is still #3 in top ten, so i dont see the point, why they should use an auto report ladder now for ig :-)

so far
    greetings
    [WIZ]Vanluck

its more a thing from game companys and gsa/ign

So you think it is better the pretorian ladder than the BfME 1v1 one...sorry but I am not agreed.

Anyway I understood that it is just an Eidos decision, and not your. If Eidos doesnt wanna give us an automatic ladder, it is not your fault. Maybe it costs too much effort for them.

Thx for your answers.

I do not want to sound negitive, but Ladders are a waste of time.

Course more problems than an ants nest in your house .

forgive this question

This is a really stupid question and I apologize, but what is a ladder?(besides the one in my garage ROFL) I'm really new at this multiplayer stuff. Thanks!

What is GameSpy Arena / Ladder?
    GameSpy Arena is a universal competition system that allows users to challenge one another in any game, on any platform, at any time, and earn recognition for their victories and participation. It uses the familiar concept of ladders to organize competition between individual players and teams. Ladders are, essentially, a ranked list of players for particular game. Players may challenge other , higher ranking members of the ladder and track the results of their play. Victorious players or teams gradually move to the top of the ladder. Ladder rankings can be determined in a number of ways; Arena uses two methods, ranking players based purely on their victories and losses, or by the ratings they earn from the matches they play

Gotchya. Thanks for the answer

Post ladders

Hi all,
    I am a co-moderator for the official B4ME ladders.
    Personally i see no problem with user report ladders. Occasionally you will get people who try and cheat the system, but thats what the ladder moderators (i.e us) are here for.

The Auto report for B4ME is having technical problems at the moment as B4ME seems to have inherited a bug from CNC:ZH which sometimes means if people disconnect then both players will receive a win and a loss, this is currently being sorted by EA.

I find the only reason that players prefer Auto report ladders is because it is easier and they have nothing to worry about after the match is finished. However people can cheat the system on Auto report ladders, and it tends to take a long while for the game companies/ladder mods to be able to identify the problem and fix it.

Anyway, moving back onto the topic on the forum header, what does everyone think of the game ? I would like to know if its a really cool game, an ok game or maybe just an old game with a new face lift
    I dont really like rushing out and spending £30 on every game that comes out.

If your ever on GameSpy Arcade please feel free to join the new user-room i have made. Its called Gamespy: Imperial Glory , under the Imperial glory section in the user-room function (unsurprisingly :P).
    Alternatively you could just copy and paste this line " userroom://Gamespy%3a%20Imperial%20Glory " into any chat window in GSA and click on the link and that will take you straight there .

Happy gaming.

[WIZ]WarWabbit
    Co-Moderator of the official Battle for middle earth ladders.
    Member of the strategy [WIZ]ards team.
    General busy body
    http://arena.gamespy.com/player/221108

Personally I played about 500 1v1 ladder games bfme, and what you said happened to me just 2 times, and when happened I was disconnected also from the b4me server, so I think it is a EA server fault, but not sure.

Anyway I wonder how you can think an user report can work for IG since there is not a replay or a log file avaliable. How you can solve a dispute? Screen shoot? Too easy to manipulate. No, at the moment I think there is not real possibility to play an IG ladder imho.

You are right, that it is very hard to solve problems between players, without the possiblity of records and so on. But impossible, hm no, dont think so, because most ladders dont have this possibility. And all those ladders are running. Sure, sometimes with problems.

Also, the ladders are set up for honor, fairnes and fun. I know, not all guys are this, but unfair players will get reported to ladder admins very often, and in time, we should know the "black sheeps". those will get banned from ladder then.

how the ladder is going then? Just curious...
    I'd like to know if it really works or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last