Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Spain As A Playable Nation

Spain As A Playable Nation

Spain As A Playable Nation

Spain

I have most infantry & cavalry units working for spain, no artillery yet.

nice! thanks again berdan

how did you get the recruits in?

currently I have all 5 main nations working (Britain, France, Austria, Prussia, & Russia) the other countries were never intended to be played as they are considered neutral countries by the game engine. Hopefully, I will be able to get all neutral countries working though some units under certain countries are proving difficult.

P.S. if any talented artists out there want to start making skins for these countries, now would be a good time.

keep up the good work. great idea for teh spanish. though i think it would be better to have them great marksman and poor melee fighters... as gurellies fighters were. (have you found a way to change the units attack?)

Originally Posted by HellAngel_666
    keep up the good work. great idea for teh spanish. though i think it would be better to have them great marksman and poor melee fighters... as gurellies fighters were. (have you found a way to change the units attack?)
    no, these are all real units that will be in the full version, the Spanish Gurrillas are considered the elite infantry unit for Spain. they may adjust their stats in the full version though.

in other news i have successfully gotten a new nation working, Ottoman Empire Arabian Line Infantry

SWEET! great job! also do you know the stats for peasants...(i saw one in your screen) just wanted to plan what i'm going to build. if peasants out do in melee like 50 something then i'll make em but if there like 3 then there a waste of time!

militia are very good at melee (rating of 6), especially with large quantities. you need alotta firepower to repulse a large miltia attack.

i just played a scenario that involved

Ottoman Empire - me
    1 Line Infantry
    1 Light Infantry
    1 Miltia
    Total 180
    VS

Prussia -CPU
    7 Miltia
    Total 420

I barely won, if I hadn't put my Arabian Light Infantry in the house they would've all gotten slaughtered. it was fun though

This game is looking better by the day! I really hope the CPU AI is good. Its cool that other Neutral nations have unique units even though you cannot play them.

Hopefully Neutral nations band together and form coalitions along with Britain, etc.

Thumbs Up

damn only 6... but then again you held off 480 people with only 180! you should put all your mods together in one pack. (the .bat files would act as the nation changers....) great job with the mods though!

also you think the generals are modable? i was thinking of changing them to allow for ultiment armys of 20! :-) with 3 generals a nice 60 unit fest! can't wait to look at those navel files though 4 ships seems small it must be modable!

so they have melee of 6? and armour of 9 or 34?

Originally Posted by Lt.Phoenix
    so they have melee of 6? and armour of 9 or 34?
    armor of 18

alright, thnx

Cool

*UPDATE

I can confirm that the following neutral countries are playable although not all units can be used at current time.

Spain
    Ottoman Empire
    Egypt
    Two Sicilies
    Denmark
    Sweden
    Portugal

I still have 12 more nations to work on i will let you all know as soon as i have verified the others.

-Berdan

Great work on this thanks.

BF

Originally Posted by Berdan
    currently I have all 5 main nations working (Britain, France, Austria, Prussia, & Russia) the other countries were never intended to be played as they are considered neutral countries by the game engine.
    The other countries are playable in the game. When you capture a province you will be able to recruit the local types of troops in that province.

[EDIT]
    The easiest way of killing that many Militia is having some Cavalry to attack them, really fun.

Wassup, Basil?
    [/EDIT]

Well done Brendon. If you want any research on the time period done I am happy to help.

Thumbs Up

*UPDATE

I can now add the following neutral nations as playable to the list.

Lombardy
    Piedmont
    Papal State
    Helvetian R.
    Hanover

7 more countries to go.

Thumbs Up

*UPDATE

Artwork on the nation of Spain has started. I'd like to show off a new unit. One of our artists the talented Pablo has designed these Spanish Artillerymen heres how they look after I tweaked them. Spanish Artillerymen

Spanish Units

What do you all think?

Wow, sweet but how are you modding the game before it has even come out yet? Did it even go gold yet? Well anyway good work on the modding

Originally Posted by Zeus Commander
    Wow, sweet but how are you modding the game before it has even come out yet? Did it even go gold yet? Well anyway good work on the modding
    modding the demo at the moment but this should all be compatiable with the full version.

*UPDATE

Artwork on the nation of Spain has started. I'd like to show off a new unit. One of our artists the talented Pablo has designed these Spanish Artillerymen heres how they look after I tweaked them. Spanish Artillerymen

Spanish Units

What do you all think?
    They look great to me. How many nations in total are there? Will you be modding all the nations? Can you get inside the program to change their stats as well as the uniforms?

Originally Posted by Irish2
    They look great to me. How many nations in total are there? Will you be modding all the nations? Can you get inside the program to change their stats as well as the uniforms?
    there is a total of 24 nations, at the moment i can confirm 17 of them are possible to play. i'm confident all nations will be but i haven't had time to confirm the others yet. the uniforms are simple to mod as they are just textures & animation files. the stats of the units aren't fully understood yet i may pursue this for when we have the full version. still much to learn, will keep you all up to date on my findings. cheers!

there is a total of 24 nations, at the moment i can confirm 17 of them are possible to play. i'm confident all nations will be but i haven't had time to confirm the others yet. the uniforms are simple to mod as they are just textures & animation files. the stats of the units aren't fully understood yet i may pursue this for when we have the full version. still much to learn, will keep you all up to date on my findings. cheers!
    What do you mean when you say 17 of them are possible to play? Do you mean that we can use them in skirmish mode?

Or do you mean that we can select them as a playable nation in conquor Europe mode? If we could use all of them in conquor europe mode that would add a ton to the replayability of the game.

How many land provinces are there in the strategic mode? Are most of these countries only going to have 1 province at the beginning of the game? From the map I have seen, it looks like France has 6, Britain 3, etc? It looks like Russia needs more provinces. It should take a long campaign to conquor Russia IMO.

Keep up the good work.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last