Thread: To all the haters!

To all the haters!

Cool To all the haters!

THis game to me is awesome! NOt perfect but definitely great. I had so much fun with this game and I never played the multiplayer and never do. Now for any fan of gaming and FPS if we wanted to nitpick there was alot of it to do but if you just wanted to have fun this was the game for you. THe next installment should be first, longer! Way too short though it took me about 10 or 12 hours to beat (I suck), most games like these take me 25 to 30 hours to beat. HAlo 2 was short too just in case anyone wants to throw that at me.

GRaphics need an overhall big time! Even if it was a PS2 port, PS2 could do a lot better than that. Don't get me wrong the art was amazing and it left me gazing many times (this was after I killed everyone). Imagine this game with Splinter Cell: Chaos THeory overhall! Probably would be the best looking game in any console! Control options should be left to the player not to the developer. I mean come on! HArdly any sensitivity to the look and you couldn't configure your buttons. THings like that piss everyone off. Bring back the same Music composer! Parallel to Halo's soundtrack. AS a matter of fact, I wish eidos would give the soundtrack as a free download so I could use it with other games!

Another thing is either get rid of the cars or place then were there is more open space. THey are utterly useless. THe weapons are super sweet and they sound great. THe shotty was one of my favorite just cause it sounded like a real one and you would blow the dudes back a few feet. Oh yeah, ragdoll physics would have been great on this game too.

All that might seem like hating but to be honest I had not had this much fun in a long time! I truly enjoyed the game and played it non stop until I finished it which reminds me of something. Difficulty settings. ONce I finished the game what was I supposed to do with it? Hang it on my cars rearview mirror? If you had different difficulty settings and unlockables this game would have been a keeper. A price of $34.99 would have been perfect for this game but since I paid $50 for it I traded it ASAP so I would be able to pay for something else.

LIke I said I really love the game but you always felt they could have done better in almost all aspects of the game. It wasn't half-assed by no means just not pushed to it's fullest potential! I have recommended the game to a bunch of people.

maybe the $50 price tag is the reason for the haters. Is the game would have cost say $29.99 then people wouldn't have expected much from it. If Snowblind had a $30 retail price then it would have been passable. Tacking on a bug filled online portion to a short story mode doesn't add value in my opinion.

Even yourself didn't think it was worth keeping, unless you don't own any games at all Snowblind couldn't have been that great since you did return it for something else.

Like you said it had no unloakables. No Hidden levels. No difficulty setitngs. Online gameplay was a mess with. This game was released in 2005, that last year of Xbox's life cycle. Developers know how to program for it; even if it was a cross-console release. Splinter Cell is a good example of how multi-console releases should be done. If developers can't deliver the same kind of quality SC does this late into these console's life then perhaps they are in the wrong business. I don't even like Splinter Cell as a game but can appreciate the quality.

For $50 there is no reason the game should look and play the way it does online; It is totally subpar. For $50 I should have gotten more than an 8 hour game that offer no other off-line feature. For $50 it is indeed a half-assed attempt. I would have retuerned it but was only offered half of what I paid. What a rip-off. I wish game developers were held accountable for releasing sub-par quality products; you should be able to return crappy games for something closer to their full value. I could handle a 15% re-stocking fee like stores charge for other items. But losing half the value is ridiculous.

Maybe Crystal Dynamics should try playing a few of the Xbox live titles released within the last year. Perhaps that could have have given them a reference point. Maybe they should have tried Bungie's not-so-well known title Halo. Halo 2, even with all it's faults, makes Snowblind look like the short bus version of first person shooters.

I don't think the game is subpar but it is below what it could have been. I never tried it online so I can't feel you there but the game in itself was good but it just felt like it could be better. You're right though, $29.99 is a much fitting price for a game like this. All I wanted to say was that the game was a whole lot of fun and a good game and the only flaws are length and overall quality. I would definitely buy the sequel if it is done the way it should.

Originally Posted by pr0phets0f0ld
    I don't think the game is subpar but it is below what it could have been. I never tried it online so I can't feel you there but the game in itself was good but it just felt like it could be better. You're right though, $29.99 is a much fitting price for a game like this. All I wanted to say was that the game was a whole lot of fun and a good game and the only flaws are length and overall quality. I would definitely buy the sequel if it is done the way it should.
    I got mine at Wal-Mart for $39.99.