Thread: PC DVD problem

PC DVD problem

PC DVD problem

hi folks.
    so, i bought the dvd version of the game, and i can't even get it to run (although i did get it to install). got a top of the line rig here (not gonna get into the specs) that runs doom3 and hl2 like butter. so thats not the problem. it doesnt get to a menu or anything, just says "Original disk could not be found or authenticated". apparantly, eidos uses securom to validate their PC games, and the crappy HP software that came with my OS 'controls' the dvd drive, making securom think something is fishy (or maybe im just smoking crack). has anyone had this issue? ive contacted eidos and so far the sent me 2 new exe files, but to no avail. they haven't contacted me in about 3 days now. im kinda fed up because this looks like a great game and its a shame it wont work. thanks.

Eidos apparently thinks that this is a problem with the Secrurom files.

I'm sure that Eidos explained that a user must not only have UAServices7.exe in C:\Windows\system32 folder, but also that it must be enabled in Services. If they didn't explain this, check out task manager and see if it is running, and if not, go to Start, Run, type services.msc, enter, and look down the list in Services for Securom User Access Service..., and see if it is enabled and set to automatic. If this service is present in the Services list and is set to Automatic and if Task Manager says it is running and the game still won't run, this problem should have nothing to Securom itself. In that case, maybe HP can tell you what can be done?

PC Version Broke...??

Hey guys....i bought the PC version also, and it seems that I can only play the game about every 8-12 hours. I have a very nice rig, so it's not my computer. All my other games work just fine. When i click the desktop shortcut to P: SB, my computer locks up, and I have to force a re-boot. Not only that, but i can only play to 1024x768 , and have to turn all the eye candy off. Needless to say, i'm not the only one to experience thsi problem. It's not a computer issue, nor is it a hardware problem. It's an EIDOS problem and we gamers who bought the PC Version need a patch to fix all the bugs in the PC version of this game.

Come EIDOS, don't leave us hi-and-dry on such a great game.....fix the problems so we can play this game the way it was meant to be played.

Originally Posted by sonyack
    Eidos apparently thinks that this is a problem with the Secrurom files.

I'm sure that Eidos explained that a user must not only have UAServices7.exe in C:\Windows\system32 folder, but also that it must be enabled in Services. If they didn't explain this, check out task manager and see if it is running, and if not, go to Start, Run, type services.msc, enter, and look down the list in Services for Securom User Access Service..., and see if it is enabled and set to automatic. If this service is present in the Services list and is set to Automatic and if Task Manager says it is running and the game still won't run, this problem should have nothing to Securom itself. In that case, maybe HP can tell you what can be done?
    Wait a second, they install a service without telling us? What kind of crap is this? I don't need memory hogging services installed without my permission. Well another useless game going back. It's bad enough I can't run it because it wants me to shut down/remove my legally bough emulation software...too bad because I will not remove my software to play theirs. When will game companies learn to use software protection services that are more consumer friendly than that pos securerom? There have been tons of complaints about it on multiple games. Take Atari's Act of War, there are tons of post on the subject.
    You may be a King or a Street Sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the Reaper!

well there is a solution to all these problems but its not really a good one...wait till someone cracks the .exe file to not need the cd in the first place or if you use emulation software where you can rip the cd. but your right paying costumers should not have to go to pirates to get there legit copies to work. Its a wonder why there are so many pirates out there.

Rolleyes Emulation software ?

I don't have any emulation software running on my system but that's the message I'm getting,to turn it off. How can I turn off something I'm not even running? Played the Demo and it was a blast so I bought the DVD and now I'm just pissed! What is this crap? I just wanna play the game I bought and payed for.

Just to let you know and I this post will probaly be deleted but their is a crack out that fixes all the problems includeing CRASHES and VIDEO PROBLEMS. I have been playing the DVD ver with out a hitch now. When I first installed it would not run. It would just LOCK up my pc and I would have to Hard reboot. After installing the crack there has been no problem. And yes SECUROM is the problem.

SecuRom can indeed be a problem--the more stuff you need to run a game or other program, the more likely there will be problems. This Securom business just shows how coay MS is with other businesses--corporate imperialism.