Thread: The game could easly overcomed the first!

The game could easly overcomed the first!

Red Face (Embarrassed) The game could easly overcomed the first!

Ok, hear me out know! I played doom3, it was great graphic, but not so good story, though that is ok in doom games:P The only mistake in doom3 was that is tried to be more then the two first games, They where nothing but run and shoot. Doom3 would been perfect if they throwed away the scare you out of your body experience, and concentratet on making this game just a arm out of the first 2, not something else. I miss run around find keys shoot bastard. I dont want to sit afraid of what might apear behind next door! Half life 2 is a great game if they had shorten down the waterboat and car driving scenes, and implentet more runing, cuz I think that they took to much time. graphic and physics are amazing in half life 2 I must say. And to be honest, I thought that deus ex 2 would have some sort of same quality in that points, but it didnt. FAR from it! half life was a game that was seen as a realy high end game, but valve managed to come up whit something that was great. Deus ex was a realy high end game, but they came up whit a medicore game to be honest! I just didnt get the deus ex 2. First time I played deus ex I frozed on my back every time I entered a new field. what is behind next corner and stuff.When I startet deus ex 2. I must say I had big hopes for the game, 1. It lagged man, it lagged. and half life 2 runs suprisingly well on my computer, but deusex2 I must run whit nothing on. and when I played I didnt feel any needs to sneak upon anyone. I felt like running and shooting, that is bizard since I realy loves the sniper thief thing, stealthy stuff, but deusex2 never gave me a feeling of doing so! What if deusex 2 had the graphics of half life 2? And a much better level design? Im in love whit half life 2. on two points, the level design and graphic and physics, ouuch, that whas 3 points:P I dont like deusex 2, and why? cuz it didnt have any depth! Like what deus ex had. I startet on the island, first time I played I thought that I was going to do missions and rescuing, not a realy ongoing story. it suprised me. and it did so well! deusex 2s graphic gave me a transparen feeling, that nothing had any weight! that you might not get.:P So basicaly I think that deus ex 2 could have been so much more. It had no little details, it was simply too simpled constructed... .
    Loreleye dude

Post old gray lady

If they can make Deus Ex 3 a combination of Splinter Cell stealthy moves and Deus Ex 1 inventory, skills and augmentations then the game would be No.1. of my dreams. Next step of game improvement if first condition proves successful would be movie like graphics or cutscene graphics.

The story is pretty good already, I am more focused on gameplay.
    Dissapointment,
    invisible even to players

I think they had the right idea about getting rid of the skills system, especially when stuff like hiding in the shadows is something that you'd have to improve on your own as the player. If they kept the bloom reticule, that would probably satisfy most people with the lack of upgradable skills.

Originally Posted by Fuchikoma
    I think they had the right idea about getting rid of the skills system, especially when stuff like hiding in the shadows is something that you'd have to improve on your own as the player. If they kept the bloom reticule, that would probably satisfy most people with the lack of upgradable skills.
    You're a console gamer, aren't you?

Originally Posted by Planted Mole
    You're a console gamer, aren't you?
    I mainly play on the PC, but I have a PS2 and Gamecube as well. It just seems to me that when stealth is something that is entirely reliant on the player's ability, why shouldn't other skills? Keep the bloom reticule, but have it shrink at a much more reasonable rate like Counter-Strike (now there's a game that takes either a lot of skill/knowledge of the game-mechanics, luck, or those damned hacks).

Not only that, you can make stuff like lockpicking entirely reliant on the player. Splinter Cell already pulled that off. As for hacking, there was a cool firewall puzzle in Tron 2.0 I enjoyed.

Just think about how many people were turned off by the initial slow pace of Deus Ex because of how pathetic JC was with only his base skills. They were on the right track with IW, but then they made it too simple (even console RPGs are more complicated then IW was).

Whats The Diffrence

Whats the difference between deus ex 2 and deus ex 1

i read in alot of places its sooo different, and 2 steps back away form 1 so much

having played 2, i dont see how 1 could have been "game of the year" by so many magazines

but deus ex 2 was quite good, not outstanding like Thief, but still good

so, whats the differnce? was there a thief person view in 1? i read somehwere in 1 you can play like and RPG, dont see that in 2, Its more like a talking FPS (2)

Deus Ex 1 is different from Invisible War in a few ways, but where the first is much better is in the areas of narrative, characters and world simulation. It has a very compelling story, interesting characters who seem like genuine people, and a well-realised and believable gameworld. Invisible War, on the other hand, had a relatively weak narrative, cardboard characters and fairly uninteresting environments. It felt very contrived in many ways.

You can get DX1 extremely cheap nowadays, so you really should play it. In my view its excellence still hasn't been surpassed in the last five years.

Originally Posted by Random
    You can get DX1 extremely cheap nowadays, so you really should play it. In my view its excellence still hasn't been surpassed in the last five years.
    Go play Chronicles of Rid***** (I can't believe the stupid message board won't let me type his name without censoring the last four letters!).

Originally Posted by Fuchikoma
    Go play Chronicles of Rid***** (I can't believe the stupid message board won't let me type his name without censoring the last four letters!).
    Isn't Chronicles of Rid more of a FPS than an RPG?

(Edit: Well, that's heuristic screaning programs for you - I guess. I think it's just looking at what it thinks is a bad word and getting rid of it. Let it work on these words for awhile *, ***, a$$hole.)

(Hey! That's not bad! It got two out of three!)

Originally Posted by Random
    Deus Ex 1 is different from Invisible War in a few ways, but where the first is much better is in the areas of narrative, characters and world simulation. It has a very compelling story, interesting characters who seem like genuine people, and a well-realised and believable gameworld. Invisible War, on the other hand, had a relatively weak narrative, cardboard characters and fairly uninteresting environments. It felt very contrived in many ways.

Indeed, DX1 was a magnificent game. In fact it is still my favorite game of all; I know it might sound confusing since so many beautiful games were made since it was released. But, this game felt perfect without being perfect. It made you feel like you were actually in this world trying to make a difference. It completely consumed me in its charming environment, and its glorious tale. You know sometimes when you play an amazing game, you start to feel like “Come on I want to beat it already.” Deus Ex however, had a perfect length. When I beat it I felt overjoyed with no regret that it was over. It was perfectly balanced between action and story, and a marvelous story it was. Funny it was the first game I ever bought and it is still the first game in my heart. Definitely best $50 I ever spent.

Originally Posted by Planted Mole
    Isn't Chronicles of Rid more of a FPS than an RPG?
    Just because it doesn't have stat buidling doesn't automatically mean it's not an RPG. You're just roll-playing Rid*****.

I still believe that the stat building part of the original Deus Ex was the game's one blemish (aside from difficult to use augementations). Still a great game, but things could be done so much better right now.

Your absolutely correct about that stuff could have been better now, but they didnt do it better in Invisible war- I feel when I play the first game, that I didnt want to just proceed, I wanted to explore, but in invisible war I just want to run to the next area, cuz I get bored by the enviromentals!!!
    They who says that some people gave invisible war unfear reviews must think of that when a sequel comes, we do expect it to give it a greater feeling then the first game, or what is the point about a sequel? Just to make money? I hated the dumbed down things, deus ex 1 whas a game where you had to think, not just run and shoot. So in a game where you have to think, you dont need to dumb it down, at least not whit that few details that was in the first game folks! it wasnt many details to realy have in mind in the first game, so you who thought so havent ever played a realy nice strategy game, I thought that deus ex was a little strategy game, you had to plan your moves. couldnt just run and shoot! I could just sit minutes waiting for the right moment.and I loved it, loved the details, loved the atmosphere. I had my hype up for the invisible war, but after a while when I read about smaller levels, less details, less to think about, my hype went downwards! Sorry I like to think, that may be a lack of skill nowadays! The only improvement to the first game beside the graphic would have to be able to have a hideout I could travel to once in a while, I loved the idea when I after the liberty island level had the unatco hq, so I felt a bit sadness when I turned against unatco. But the main thing to be better in the first game would just be graphic and animation, unless that, it was a superb game I thought.
    Loreleye dude

13. in my opinion, I reckon they should re-build deus ex with better graphics and shadows (remember the little circles below you ) but not get rid of anything else! not the atmosphere,not the detail,not the LOADING time,and not the story or characters!

it should be kept the same way but newer graphics

thats my opinion

Originally Posted by the one true thief
    in my opinion, I reckon they should re-build deus ex with better graphics and shadows (remember the little circles below you ) but not get rid of anything else! not the atmosphere,not the detail,not the LOADING time,and not the story or characters!

it should be kept the same way but newer graphics

thats my opinion
    What this? No vehicles to use? No larger variety of weapons and tools? Don't you think that lockpicking and hacking could have had more to it than just waiting for a meter to count down?

Geez, you can't even fight anyone with your bare hands, plus the inventory system was clunky (having to drop items into the "belt" so you could use number keys to select them, where it would have been much more convienient to use the tool clasification system that Half-Life had would have been much easier to use).

laoding time

what was the loading time in deus ex like? invisible war was quite good

there should be quick save option too i reckon

16. What this? No vehicles to use? No larger variety of weapons and tools? Don't you think that lockpicking and hacking could have had more to it than just waiting for a meter to count down?

Geez, you can't even fight anyone with your bare hands, plus the inventory system was clunky (having to drop items into the "belt" so you could use number keys to select them, where it would have been much more convienient to use the tool clasification system that Half-Life had would have been much easier to use).
    are you having ago at me? that stuff kinda slipped my mind

what was the loading time in deus ex like? invisible war was quite good
    you would get the occasinal loading times in DX,but very rarely. thay would last fro about a second,nothing more

Originally Posted by the one true thief
    are you having ago at me? that stuff kinda slipped my mind
    Someone had to remind you that Deus Ex still had its flaws.

whats so good about half-life 2?

i posted this somewhere else, but forgoteen where

so again: whats so good about half life 2?

im seriulsy contimplating buying it, but its so expensive

so far all ive got is: good graphics, good physics engine, and great game

but no details

could sombody give me a run down on what hte ame is like? from what ive gathered its a run around shoot everything you see kin dof game (which will evntaully get increadibly boring), and most enemies are monsters, not actal humans

ta

Hey, what so great about half life 2? well, lets start whit graphic and physics, that is done so good in my mind, that it realy do all of the atmosphere. I think that half life 2 is atmospheric game, you realy dont play it for it excellent gameplay, or story, though the story could have been made much better in my mind:P Details? it is run around and shoot what you see game, but is have an atmosphere near the doom I think, I loved doom 1:P Level design in half life 2 is great, much better then in deus ex invisible war. But I must warn you about something I find a bit dum in half life 2. and that is two places whit a long driving sequense, and a boatdriving sequence. I personally found them a bit long. I loved the ending sequence though, but not telling them here in case someone havent played it yet! So, half life 2 is a shoot em up whit excellent atmosphere almost doom1 like:P I think that deus ex invisible war should have been better then half life 2. It had all the potential. Much better gameplot. But ion storm, for god sake had to make it downwards. I must say that ion storm should have tried to hype up iw. Half life 2 was a realy hyped up game, and it did deliver a lot more then iw. Just becouse it was bigger and bigger then the first game. I dream about a second game after deus ex, I dont consider iw as a sequence. I realy hyped up deus ex 2? what the hell, I would never sleep again:P So did you get your answer? Half life 2 is a great game if you like to fight the same monsters over and over again in new aeras. P.S. you do fight men, not just a little bit, it is a big bite men too fight also, a bigger piece of monsters, but it is half life 2. so it is monsters there. aliens:P I must say that I would love deus ex upgradet to half life 2 graphic and animations, and physics:P Well Ion storm doesnt exists anymore, but I hope to see a third game, but if Im not satisfied then, then I just play deus ex over and over again and again:S, if not a third sequense? redo the second sequense. Of course deus ex had it mistakes, but they made the mistakes bigger in iw, so I dont see how they made iw better:S The inventory thingy in iw was so bad I think, So few things to carry. wræææææl, blææææææææ. I grudges thinkin about iw. I dont like the game. Why not let valve create the third sequense to deus ex? they seems to get it whit half life, and half 2. Ion storm only made it whit deus ex. and didnt manage the pressure about making a sequense!
    Loreleye dude

lordson, lets just say that Half-Life 2 is a well polished, intensely atmospheric game. Very interactive enviornments (picking up and manipulating things in the enviornment is so much easier in HL2 compared to Invisible War, with or without the Gravity Gun). Character expressions and speech are practically flawless. Just a wicked game all around. That's why it got 98% in PCGamer, the higest scoring game, ever, for that magazine.

So much about Half-Life 2 that Invisible War should have had. No wonder the Ion Storm guys went to cry in their booth at E3 after they saw the HL2 demonstrations.

thanks

thanks, righto, ill get my wallet out then

and i much preer Pc Powerplay over PC Gamer

its alot thikcer and more intersting read, havn't seen PC Gamer in australia for yonks

I'd love to see a "Director's Cut" of the original Deus Ex. If the console gamers could get a remake of the original PlayStation Metal Gear on the GameCube, then why not a real super glorified remake of the original Deus Ex...to warm us all up hopefully for a great part 3 someday...

Originally Posted by Loreleye
    Why not let valve create the third sequense to deus ex?
    Becuase then we'd have to use steam.

Half-life 2 seemed over-rated in my opinion - yeah, great graphics, physics are cool, etc - but the Gravity gun isn't even a new idea! There was a mod for UT that had a physics manipulator gun in it - not unlike the one in Garry's mod, come to that...

And the story for Half-Life 2 is total crap. I mean, yeah, there's heaps of backstory, but that's not much use IF YOU DON'T EVEN HINT ABOUT IT!!! This is what makes Halo/Halo2 the best!
    Please don't kill me for that.

Originally Posted by Akdor 1154
    Becuase then we'd have to use steam.

Half-life 2 seemed over-rated in my opinion - yeah, great graphics, physics are cool, etc - but the Gravity gun isn't even a new idea! There was a mod for UT that had a physics manipulator gun in it - not unlike the one in Garry's mod, come to that...

And the story for Half-Life 2 is total crap. I mean, yeah, there's heaps of backstory, but that's not much use IF YOU DON'T EVEN HINT ABOUT IT!!! This is what makes Halo/Halo2 the best!
    Please don't kill me for that.

I totally agree, story in half life 2 was crappy, and ion storm is known for creating an incredibly deep, twisted and unique storylines. So I’d rather give them one more chance to redeem themselves, if they were still in business that is(I mean Devil May Cry 1 was awesome while 2 sucked, and now 3rd part is superb so this seems like an appropriate example to follow, don’t you think…)