Thread: Your prayers have been answered!!!

Your prayers have been answered!!!

Big Grin Your prayers have been answered!!!

My friends, as of 3:00pm today the Thief: Deadly Shadows level editor/SDK went live! Enjoy it in all it's goodness!!

Download it from the "Downloads" seciton of our website or at the link below.

Download Here

I'd also like to remind you folks that this editor is unsupported by Eidos Tech Support. Should you experience problems with it, post your problem in the forum. Tech Support will not be able to help you.

~The Jebus

*Yawns* Old news, nobody cares. JEEZ.

Seriously though, nice to have a thread about this finally stickied. Why'd it take so long though ?
    "War as a video game, what better way to raise the ultimate soldier?" - Solid Snake

Hmmm, I will have to strangle our web guy for misinforming me. LOL, ok, well, nevermind then. Back to your regularly scheduled posting.

~Embarassed Jebus

I'm sorry man, but if this WAS the big news, you'd be my hero!

News for me, thanks
    /Rob

Erm, when i download the editor and try to open the zip file i get the following messages:
    "Error [location of file]: unrecoverable zip file read error."
    Then, upon clicking "OK" i get...
    "Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive.
    If you downloaded this file, try downloading the file again."

I've tried downloading it three times and i get the exact same response form WinZip. Any help guys?

Try a different source for the file?

I can't seem to find any other locations. I'll look more when i've finished the game again. Thanks!

There are alternative locations here and here (top left). Also see here for instructions on how to install it.

Thanks Glaswolf!

Hm...does it support Deus Ex: Invisible War as well? If so, I'll probably reinstall Windows soon.

If it doesn't, of course, I'll just be a bit bitter. Not that I wasn't already.

Post wot?

wot does level editor do?

Edit and design levels, oh brilliant one.

How exactly do I start the editor? I activate the icon, and it says I have to start it from the T3.exe with the "editor" commandline argument.

Absolutely definitely gosh-darn-don't-even-attempt-to-do-anything-without-these T3Ed links:

Komag's T3Ed Tutorial
    T3Ed Wiki
    T3 Editors' Guild

a prayer

hi men

first of all let me express my deepest respect for the developing team of T3.. They created a fantastic game, I play it over for the 3rd time.

Perhaps this question was asked many times, but I could not find in these forums:
    DO U EVER intend to continue the Thief series? I think that would be enormous if u could make another masterpiece, like Deadly Shadows..

thanx for swift answer

peace.

Hello everybody. I'm new to this forum and I just don't feel like looking for something, so I'll just ask: is there anything I could do so after finishing the game I can just, explore the city more, steal, discover new hideouts? THIS is what I was hoping would happen after killing the Hag...

The Crippled Burrick Inn seams to have the most traffic. so I'd bet you'd get your answer there. UNNO:
    Killing time is not murder!

Originally Posted by daFlea
    Hello everybody. I'm new to this forum and I just don't feel like looking for something, so I'll just ask: is there anything I could do so after finishing the game I can just, explore the city more, steal, discover new hideouts? THIS is what I was hoping would happen after killing the Hag...
    When the game is over it's over. But you can restart a new game, or use one of your saved games and explore to your heart's content. Sadly, you don't have the freedom that the first 3 allowed you (three with Gold). You can't carry crates around to stack readily, you don't have rope arrows, you can't stack potions etc. to make a ladder and so on.

My biggest complaint about the TDS game is the lack of freedom of effort and movement you had in the first games. TDS pretty much forces you to follow the plan and move through the missions much like DOOM. Start here go there by one of two routes, kill so-and-so and finish the game.

The primary attraction in THIEF, to me, was the freedom of choice. Accomplish the objectives in any order you wish, and explore freely to your hearts content.

And if you could conceive it and collect enough equipment and miscellaneos items, you could get to nearly any place you wanted to.

See: http://users.ncable.net.au/~abirch/Thief/Azals/

Someone should change the forum the description: this is not anymore the latest of the series...
    Free Fall: S = ½a * t²