Thread: Xbox Open Tournament Results Week 2

Xbox Open Tournament Results Week 2

Xbox Open Tournament Results Week 2

Another week, another winner. This week, the format was straight racing, once again on nine circuits. Last week’s winner, JDSkater, was narrowly beaten to the finish by newcomer steveo5001. Steveo takes home the last of our official Crash N Burn caps! Congratulations to all our racers. See you all next week! Once again, it is a good idea to arrive early, as the room will fill up quickly! Look for your host, Mikey Mansell G. For more information, write to community@eidos.com.

Final points standings for the evening’s races were:

1. steveo5001 Score: 137
    2. FTR Jdskater Score: 133
    3. Billy Kid Score: 115
    4. GMan24 Score: 94
    5. Sdon1969 Score: 90
    6. Dr Whistler Score: 85
    7. Jacobs40K Score: 80
    8. Homerramone2084 Score: 75
    9. Nathan77 Score: 71
    spidermike Score: 71
    11. JohnnyMac Score: 66
    12. Copyright HQ Score: 63
    13. w3zzer5 Anq315 Score: 54
    14. Mix Master Score: 23
    15. assasin88 Score: 16

Next Xbox Event: Friday, 28 January, 5:00 PM PST Format: TBD. Good Luck!

Submit your race format preferences for the next tourney here on the forum!
    "Happiness requires freedom, and freedom requires courage."

-Pericles

congrats steveo5001 for the win and BILLY KID for 3rd.

i think most of us would prefer to alternate race and kamikaze each week but hopefully more will give there opinion.

Race choice

Hey Crew;

The Friday XBL CNB series should alternate between straight race and kamikaze until you get maybe 8 weeks worth completed. Then take the top 16 overall scores for each of the 2 different 4-weeks of races and have some team kamikaze and team racing using a format like the top 2 overall being team captains and choosing thier teams, or have 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16 versus 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15 based on the final scores for the weeks in question.

My 2 cents, no change needed.

How about this for silly?
    9 matches total again.
    The first 4 a regular Race, degrading into the next 4 being killer Kamakazi until finally a Last Man Standing destruct-o-thon.
    Might be a little annoying having to restart the room twice and then tabulating the results, but it's a little bit of everything. Besides having to wait until after the game for the results was a little exciting even when I knew I didn't have a chance for the top 3.

I like your suggestion Nate, but Mikey would have to build the room for 16 friend slots, otherwise the 3 starts would obviously have people getting bumped out, or new people coming in , and since it's all recorded, tabbing the scores would be easy enough to do. As a matter of fact, I will try that format Thursday evening, 8PM EST to see how workable it is for future crew get-togethers.

Thought about it some more and what I'd also like to see is class restricted races. As in Compact only bumper cars for one and then a mean Muscle mayhem for the next. Seeing as how we don't have the "switching cars resets your score" issue the PS2 has this would be easy.
    Hmm, four races, four kamakazis, four classes of cars? Your choice of vehicle for the Last Man Standing...
    !
    One of these days this is how I will run a tourney if it's not done through Eidos.
    Although I do like the rule of the one car you pick you stay with through the whole tourney.

ideas ideas ideas....

That sounds like a cool idea, Nathan. Actually, it's not a rule actually that you have to stay with the same car. This was more of a safety tip, as in PS2, if you leave the race lobby, even to go to the friends list, your score will be reset to zero when you return. This is not the case with Xbox.
    "Happiness requires freedom, and freedom requires courage."

-Pericles